or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1407

post #21091 of 46526
Go to Nordstrom or an AE store if available. Get fitted. But be wary, Nordstrom like many retailers stocks "D" widths only (with the occasional odd width). So the salesman may be tempted to sell you the closest fit to what is in stock. Ask for your Brannock size, length and width. Start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theh00d View Post

Hi, looking to buy my first pair of dress shoes. What is recommended? Looking at the Park Avenue
And, How do I size in them? I wear a size 8.5 B or C in Clarks Desert Boot even though my feet measures around a 11 on the brannock..
Never know what my size is, but I normally wear 8.5-9 in everything High arches >.<<br />
Thanks
post #21092 of 46526

boom.

 

just pulled the trigger on black Vernons, black Regent Street (to compliment my trusty pair in Chili - my favorite shoe), and the smokey grey McTavish (oh yes). total haul, just over 500. not bad

 

hopefully they all fit well and don't have any major black eyes. really hard to find shoes that fit my freakishly odd feet.

post #21093 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

boom.

 

just pulled the trigger on black Vernons, black Regent Street (to compliment my trusty pair in Chili - my favorite shoe), and the smokey grey McTavish (oh yes). total haul, just over 500. not bad

 

hopefully they all fit well and don't have any major black eyes. really hard to find shoes that fit my freakishly odd feet.

 

I recently purchased the Chili Regent Street, they really are a great looking shoe. Can I ask, what color edge dressing do you use?

 

When you get the black ones, I would love to see them!

post #21094 of 46526
Does anyone have a list of sale prices at the Shoe Bank/Outlet/2nds/Whatever it's called?
post #21095 of 46526
500? Sheesh, I've put down more than that as a deposit for one pair of shoes. Nice score!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

boom.

just pulled the trigger on black Vernons, black Regent Street (to compliment my trusty pair in Chili - my favorite shoe), and the smokey grey McTavish (oh yes). total haul, just over 500. not bad

hopefully they all fit well and don't have any major black eyes. really hard to find shoes that fit my freakishly odd feet.
post #21096 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Does anyone have a list of sale prices at the Shoe Bank/Outlet/2nds/Whatever it's called?


Would recommend sending an e mail to shoebank@allenedmonds.com.  That will give you the most accurate inventory and pricing for your size.

post #21097 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

I recently purchased the Chili Regent Street, they really are a great looking shoe. Can I ask, what color edge dressing do you use?

 

When you get the black ones, I would love to see them!

Yes, the Chili Regent is not only the swankest-looking shoe I own, but it's also the most comfortable. I just use the standard chili AE edge dressing. Looks fantastic, I think. perhaps black would look good too, or perhaps it would stand out a bit too much.

 

I will def post my pics as soon as they arrive.

 

I'm also returning a pair of Franciscan black firsts that I got during the anniversary sale. my normal size (11 3E) ran super huge on these. I'm going to request the 10.5 3E and weigh keeping that versus the Vernon (nah, can't keep both).

post #21098 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

500? Sheesh, I've put down more than that as a deposit for one pair of shoes. Nice score!

yeah, as a professional musician, i'm not really in the income bracket of buying nice shoes unless they're waaaay marked down.

 

for example, a computer glitch had listed the grey mctavish as 129$ (even though the store rep told me it was a mistake, should have been 199). that's a no brainer! and the regent st is also closeout at 159$, and the vernon was 234. so that's around 520. i could have gotten a cheaper dress shoe, like the BB strand instead of the vernon and brought the haul down lower, but i wanted something less gaudy and my feet are really hit or miss with the 5 last.

 

BTW, the staff at jeffersonville could NOT have been any more helpful. such a pleasure to shop from them! what a great store...

post #21099 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

 

They look good to me. What do you see that makes them in need of saddle soap? I own the same pair, but have never felt the need to soap 'em up.

 

I've beat them to death with my constant kicking of my chair at work. I'm really worried about wearing my Shell Cordovan Townley's to work for this very reason. I might as well get over it. They're shoes, they're not doing any good in my closet.

post #21100 of 46526

I just received a pair of Fifth Avenues from the Shoe Bank (seconds). I can't really see anything wrong with them, except for maybe a misaligned captoe on the right shoe. Can someone confirm that it's off?

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #21101 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGuy13 View Post

I just received a pair of Fifth Avenues from the Shoe Bank (seconds). I can't really see anything wrong with them, except for maybe a misaligned captoe on the right shoe. Can someone confirm that it's off?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

it does look slightly off.  Just depends whether or not it will drive you crazy.  It's not too bad imo.

post #21102 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Yes, the Chili Regent is not only the swankest-looking shoe I own, but it's also the most comfortable. I just use the standard chili AE edge dressing. Looks fantastic, I think. perhaps black would look good too, or perhaps it would stand out a bit too much.

 

I will def post my pics as soon as they arrive.

 

I'm also returning a pair of Franciscan black firsts that I got during the anniversary sale. my normal size (11 3E) ran super huge on these. I'm going to request the 10.5 3E and weigh keeping that versus the Vernon (nah, can't keep both).


Glad to know you use chili edge dressing. I have asked AE three times and they have continuously said to use brown, which I dont think is right.

 

I have brown edge dressing that I use on my brown Glasgows, I was certain using it on my Chili Regent Streets wouldn't be right. Guess I gotta make a purchase this weekend!

post #21103 of 46526

I believe these are the Fifth Avenue, rebranded for BB, right?

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Perforated-Captoes/MH00024,default,pd.html

 

Can anyone confirm that they're also on the 5 last, same as the AE Fifth Avenue? I seem to remember reading somewhere that some of the BB shoes "unofficially" made by AE were on different lasts.

post #21104 of 46526
Better Manchester pics in natural light.

]
post #21105 of 46526
Quote:
Originally Posted by theh00d View Post

Hi, looking to buy my first pair of dress shoes. What is recommended? Looking at the Park Avenue

And, How do I size in them? I wear a size 8.5 B or C in Clarks Desert Boot even though my feet measures around a 11 on the brannock..

Never know what my size is, but I normally wear 8.5-9 in everything High arches >.<

 

Thanks

 

 

 

This is one of Allen Edmonds most impressive dress shoes to date.

 

QUOTE:

"Some of the best of the best get to walk the hallowed halls of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we've honored this historic academic town by giving one of our choicest models its name.

 

"Everything about this shoe is first-class, starting with its shell Cordovan leather exterior. The finest leather available, this material is not only soft and durable, it's certain to only look better with time.

 

"Playing off the richness of the leather, the full brogue style on this six-eyelet balmoral, which includes perfing on the wingtip, upper, eyestay and backstay and a classic medallion on the toe, conveys an air of gravitas in even the most stately of situations.

 

"Elegantly executed on the 5-Last, this shoe's Reddenbach double oak leather sole and a combination dovetail toplift add the final stunning touches to the Cambridge, an Allen Edmonds shoe for those that have already made it to the top of their class or are pushing to graduate to the next level."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread