or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 140

post #2086 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenkin View Post

Well, yes, it's obviously a fit issue. I share it—I have several AE's in a size 7EEE which are loose in the heal, though otherwise tolerable. The problem is that I need a very wide foot to accommodate my toes, but then the foot slides around a bit in front.
The C&J's I've tried in a UK 6.5G are much snugger through the ankle. Of course I foolishly tried on a pair on last 341 and then bought some on 317, because they were cheaper, only to discover that they were also a bit shorter.
If you have a EEE foot I would also suggest an H fitting in Church's, though they're hard to find in North America, and rather too expensive unless it's solely an issue of fit.

I'm sure you've considering this already but have you tried adding an insole? I've found that my wide-ish feet are often between a D and E. I can almost always make shoes work that are a tad big but I've never been able to make those that were snug in the toebox work. I've told myself far too many times that they'll stretch out and they never do.
post #2087 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I'm sure you've considering this already but have you tried adding an insole? I've found that my wide-ish feet are often between a D and E. I can almost always make shoes work that are a tad big but I've never been able to make those that were snug in the toebox work. I've told myself far too many times that they'll stretch out and they never do.

It depends. I have some heavy brogues from Herring in a UK 7G (maybe AS?) that I used insoles with, for a while. I eventually decided that it was easier to just buy thick boot socks, since they were casual country shoes anyway. They fit for the most part—breaking them in by wearing them in a snow-bound Berlin for a week helped.

My problem is that my feet are also rather short, and not particularly voluminous near the lacing. So if I get larger shoes they slide forwards and back a bit. The lace-up AEs I was referring to were the Niles, which are fine for the most part, certainly better than something like a single monk with a little elastic.

Having worn poorly-sized shoes for so many years (In high school I recall I had 9D hush puppies instead of 7EEE—didn't really matter with all that padding) my feet are a bit gnarled, which complicates things a bit further (I believe I have a "true" haglund's deformity, so heel slippage is a problem).

I'm moving back to North American soon—maybe I'll head over to Alden NY and see what they say.

I'm also a 36s. I'm not sure which is worse in Styleforum terms.
post #2088 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenkin View Post

It depends. I have some heavy brogues from Herring in a UK 7G (maybe AS?) that I used insoles with, for a while. I eventually decided that it was easier to just buy thick boot socks, since they were casual country shoes anyway. They fit for the most part—breaking them in by wearing them in a snow-bound Berlin for a week helped.
My problem is that my feet are also rather short, and not particularly voluminous near the lacing. So if I get larger shoes they slide forwards and back a bit. The lace-up AEs I was referring to were the Niles, which are fine for the most part, certainly better than something like a single monk with a little elastic.
Having worn poorly-sized shoes for so many years (In high school I recall I had 9D hush puppies instead of 7EEE—didn't really matter with all that padding) my feet are a bit gnarled, which complicates things a bit further (I believe I have a "true" haglund's deformity, so heel slippage is a problem).
I'm moving back to North American soon—maybe I'll head over to Alden NY and see what they say.
I'm also a 36s. I'm not sure which is worse in Styleforum terms.

I now realize I actually have it pretty easy...in comparison smile.gif 7EEE must be a bear to shop for.
post #2089 of 48272
Anybody know how vintage mcallisters compare to current macallisters? In terms of sizing & quality?
post #2090 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

It seems that ebay only cares if images were stolen from another active auction. It's all drop down menus with no free text options. Therefore since I don't have a valid auction's item number from which the images were copied without my permission, I can't report it.
"Provide an item number from your account that clearly shows you were the first to list an item with the photos or text you created. If you reuse your photos and text in many of your listings, please give us the item number of the earliest possible instance of using the photos or text."
Or if IP rights were violated, they give you this option:
To report a listing:
Step 1: If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, fill out our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, print it out, and fax it to eBay.
Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's website.
Step 2: After we receive your first NOCI, we will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.

What a PIA!

Don't the item auctions allow you to ask questions to the seller? Ask them why they are not only stealing your images for profit, bit misrepresenting their auction because of it. With luck, it will show on the item page, or even better, they'll take your pics off.
post #2091 of 48272
Does anyone know if any outlets still have the Bayfield or Dalton in stock as seconds?

If so, does anyone have an email address I can contact them at?
post #2092 of 48272
Adam at Brookfield (brookfield@allenedmonds.com) has always been my guy
post #2093 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Don't the item auctions allow you to ask questions to the seller? Ask them why they are not only stealing your images for profit, bit misrepresenting their auction because of it. With luck, it will show on the item page, or even better, they'll take your pics off.

The first thing I did was send a message to the seller. However, I *think* that the seller has the option to have the question show up on the page or not. Though I'm not positive as I've never sold anything on ebay, only purchased items. I'm great at purchasing items...not so good at selling items.
post #2094 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


The first thing I did was send a message to the seller. However, I *think* that the seller has the option to have the question show up on the page or not. Though I'm not positive as I've never sold anything on ebay, only purchased items. I'm great at purchasing items...not so good at selling items.

I realize I'm new to these forums, mostly lurking about in this thread. However I have sold several shoes on ebay- mostly sneakers. On that side of the shoe world, sellers will often place a hand written tag with their username on it next to the shoe when taking the picture. This lets the buyer know that its the actual shoe in the seller's possession. Also this will prevent other sellers from stealing their pics and using them as their own.

Emailing this seller and giving him an opportunity to change his auction is giving him way too much slack- in my opinion. His intent is deceive the buyer into buying his shoes which I would assume have flaws if he is stealing pictures. The buyer who wins this auction could have problems getting his money back if he doesn’t report the issue right away. The seller could always claim that the buyer wore the shoes, scuffed them or whatever, and no longer 'look the same as his original pics.'  Long story short I would have reported the auction immediately. That guy shouldn’t be allowed to sell on ebay period. Having sellers like that floating around causes problem for all of us who buy on ebay.

post #2095 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood View Post

looking for a pair of shoes similar to the old hancock's in brown 12e. Preferably on sale. Any suggestions? Thanks. 162

I just put a pair of the A-E Warren up for sale on ebay (13d which may fit a 12E) and look rather similar to the Hancock except the Warren has a rubber sole.

Anyway, in terms of A-E I currently own about 20 pair. Love just about all of them with my favorite all time being a pair of burgundy Belgium from the mid-80s. I bought them as NOS a few years ago and honestly they are just too nice to wear so I told my wife that they are to be on my feet when I am buried. A close second is a pair of A-E Polo which was a style from many years ago. Sent them in for recrafting two years ago and they look virtually new. Bradley's in shell are a favorite as are the Leeds in shell.

Tooooooooooooo many!


Have some NOS slip-ons in 13D that I am probably going to ditch as I don't really care for their casual style.
post #2096 of 48272
Just picked up some Daltons icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

469
post #2097 of 48272
^that is sweet!
post #2098 of 48272
Does anyone have photos of AE Bradleys in chili grain leather other than the one on AE website? pls post em here if you have, thanks smile.gif
post #2099 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_drizzle View Post

Does anyone know if any outlets still have the Bayfield or Dalton in stock as seconds?
If so, does anyone have an email address I can contact them at?

Nathan at the Shoebank said he had a Brown Bayfield in 9.5D for $167 but I needed a 9.5E so I passed. $167 for those is a great deal IMHO.
post #2100 of 48272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrewsmcknight View Post

Just picked up some Daltons icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
469

I'm waiting on mine to arrive. How is the fit (length and width)? Does the orange tab bother you at all? Apparently, the tab also breaks off easily.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread