Per jville store, there is a truffle McAllister in 8.5D
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 11:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1384
Styleforum Top Picks
was true to size for me.
My left foot is 7D, and right foot is 6E. I wear 7D in strands. 7D longbranch (grey also!) fits well with thicker socks. The insole moulds to your foot, it is the most comfortable boots I've tried! Better than wearing double socks and double insoles during my time in the army.
Any thoughts? I noticed the merlots have v-tread and not sure if that should be a deterrent or not.
A thread from several years ago contemplated the question of whether AEs are too "blobby." While the consensus opinion was (I think) "no," my wife is concerned that the Franciscans I just bought during the 91st anniversary sale aren't blobby enough. That is to say she finds the 3-333 last on which the shoe is built to be too long, and from certain angles she thinks these look like "clown shoes."
That's not what AE was going for: "Slightly elongated profile with a square toe shape for a more euro look."
My wardrobe is neither fashion forward nor conservative--more retro-edgy (think BB's new Gatsby line). So while I expect that most AE aficionados will disagree with my wife, I wonder whether this ought to be my mainstay (3 days a week) shoe for the foreseeable future. Thoughts?
Also, thoughts on wearing this (walnut) color with a navy suit?
Thanks for the props! It was jvc44 who started this mess. It's amazing how a stranger on a forum can help you part with $300!
I'm still wearing mine around the house - breaking them in...I haven't worn them out yet. They're making their maiden voyage next week. I did buy the Alden Leather Defender to put on them. That goes on cloudy and polishes up great. I picked some up in San Fran at the Alden store...which is a must stop if you're in town. It's literally a block away from the AE store too.
I store my shoes with shoe trees inserted and with the shoes tied. I don't sinch them down but I tie them as if they were on my feet. Not overly tight but not just flopping around either.
Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish.
I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size. So these might work better for 12.5D people.
I am looking for that exact combination :/
I use the MacMethod - so really just a wipedown with a damp cloth and a brushing. Every 5-6 wears I use some venetian shoe cream to condition and bring back the shine. I find that my AE shell blooms much more than my Alden shell, so the upkeep is a bit more labor intensive
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 5 minutes ago
- › T.B.C. Wodehouse Black Chukka alternatives? 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › MCLASSIC101.com (Saint Crispins Footwear) - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...