Per jville store, there is a truffle McAllister in 8.5D
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1384
Styleforum Top Picks
was true to size for me.
My left foot is 7D, and right foot is 6E. I wear 7D in strands. 7D longbranch (grey also!) fits well with thicker socks. The insole moulds to your foot, it is the most comfortable boots I've tried! Better than wearing double socks and double insoles during my time in the army.
Any thoughts? I noticed the merlots have v-tread and not sure if that should be a deterrent or not.
A thread from several years ago contemplated the question of whether AEs are too "blobby." While the consensus opinion was (I think) "no," my wife is concerned that the Franciscans I just bought during the 91st anniversary sale aren't blobby enough. That is to say she finds the 3-333 last on which the shoe is built to be too long, and from certain angles she thinks these look like "clown shoes."
That's not what AE was going for: "Slightly elongated profile with a square toe shape for a more euro look."
My wardrobe is neither fashion forward nor conservative--more retro-edgy (think BB's new Gatsby line). So while I expect that most AE aficionados will disagree with my wife, I wonder whether this ought to be my mainstay (3 days a week) shoe for the foreseeable future. Thoughts?
Also, thoughts on wearing this (walnut) color with a navy suit?
Thanks for the props! It was jvc44 who started this mess. It's amazing how a stranger on a forum can help you part with $300!
I'm still wearing mine around the house - breaking them in...I haven't worn them out yet. They're making their maiden voyage next week. I did buy the Alden Leather Defender to put on them. That goes on cloudy and polishes up great. I picked some up in San Fran at the Alden store...which is a must stop if you're in town. It's literally a block away from the AE store too.
I store my shoes with shoe trees inserted and with the shoes tied. I don't sinch them down but I tie them as if they were on my feet. Not overly tight but not just flopping around either.
Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish.
I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size. So these might work better for 12.5D people.
I am looking for that exact combination :/
I use the MacMethod - so really just a wipedown with a damp cloth and a brushing. Every 5-6 wears I use some venetian shoe cream to condition and bring back the shine. I find that my AE shell blooms much more than my Alden shell, so the upkeep is a bit more labor intensive
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 57 seconds ago
- › Tailors in NZ 3 minutes ago
- › Where in Italy Common Projects shoes are made? 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › FSOT: Iron Heart IH666-19L, Momotaro 0702, Full Count 1108, all 36w 10 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth