Per jville store, there is a truffle McAllister in 8.5D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/22/14 at 8:20pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1384
Styleforum Top Picks
was true to size for me.
My left foot is 7D, and right foot is 6E. I wear 7D in strands. 7D longbranch (grey also!) fits well with thicker socks. The insole moulds to your foot, it is the most comfortable boots I've tried! Better than wearing double socks and double insoles during my time in the army.
Any thoughts? I noticed the merlots have v-tread and not sure if that should be a deterrent or not.
A thread from several years ago contemplated the question of whether AEs are too "blobby." While the consensus opinion was (I think) "no," my wife is concerned that the Franciscans I just bought during the 91st anniversary sale aren't blobby enough. That is to say she finds the 3-333 last on which the shoe is built to be too long, and from certain angles she thinks these look like "clown shoes."
That's not what AE was going for: "Slightly elongated profile with a square toe shape for a more euro look."
My wardrobe is neither fashion forward nor conservative--more retro-edgy (think BB's new Gatsby line). So while I expect that most AE aficionados will disagree with my wife, I wonder whether this ought to be my mainstay (3 days a week) shoe for the foreseeable future. Thoughts?
Also, thoughts on wearing this (walnut) color with a navy suit?
Thanks for the props! It was jvc44 who started this mess. It's amazing how a stranger on a forum can help you part with $300!
I'm still wearing mine around the house - breaking them in...I haven't worn them out yet. They're making their maiden voyage next week. I did buy the Alden Leather Defender to put on them. That goes on cloudy and polishes up great. I picked some up in San Fran at the Alden store...which is a must stop if you're in town. It's literally a block away from the AE store too.
I store my shoes with shoe trees inserted and with the shoes tied. I don't sinch them down but I tie them as if they were on my feet. Not overly tight but not just flopping around either.
Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish.
I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size. So these might work better for 12.5D people.
I am looking for that exact combination :/
I use the MacMethod - so really just a wipedown with a damp cloth and a brushing. Every 5-6 wears I use some venetian shoe cream to condition and bring back the shine. I find that my AE shell blooms much more than my Alden shell, so the upkeep is a bit more labor intensive
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Cappelli navy cashmere herringbone tie 6 seconds ago
- › LIVE TV=San Jose State vs Navy Live stream 23 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 seconds ago
- › LIVE TV=Northern Illinois vs Eastern Michigan Live stream 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Cashmere Sweaters - Made in Scotland - Size S 4 minutes ago
- › FREE== San Jose State vs Navy Live streaming 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › FREE== San Jose State vs Navy Live streaming 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...