or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1384

post #20746 of 48091

Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish. 

 

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size.  So these might work better for 12.5D people.

 

Regards!

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords

post #20747 of 48091

First time, long time :)

 

It was an unseasonably dreary day today in San Francisco, so I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some walnut Flatirons.

 

post #20748 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK35216 View Post

Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish. 

 

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size.  So these might work better for 12.5D people.

 

Regards!

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords

Lord and Taylor is actually a great place to snag AE firsts on sale since they're always running some sort of promotion. I also know if you can get to the NYC store they will order you any shoe AE makes at the sale price (not sure if other stores can do this).

post #20749 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I was asked for a Strand family picture. As you can tell, I love this model.

From L to R : Dark brown Shell Strand, Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand. (The shell models need some brushing. The Walnut Shell has some water marks from its last wearing)

These are all indoor shots. In natural light the difference between the two shell models is more noticeable.
The only improvement I could see making to this model would be adding a double leather sole, akin to the Cambridge model.




Nice Saz. Plans to purchase them in black?
post #20750 of 48091
Hey I'm thinking of picking up Long Branch in grey as seconds. Bought my first pair of AE's, chose bourbon Strands. Brannick sized me at 10D and Strands also came in at 10D. Any idea of how the Long Branch will fit? True to size?
post #20751 of 48091

Per jville store, there is a truffle McAllister in 8.5D

post #20752 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Hey I'm thinking of picking up Long Branch in grey as seconds. Bought my first pair of AE's, chose bourbon Strands. Brannick sized me at 10D and Strands also came in at 10D. Any idea of how the Long Branch will fit? True to size?


was true to size for me.

post #20753 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarnold View Post

Is it a good idea to lace your shoes up tightly for storage with shoe trees? Or is this just done for appearance in the photo?

Does that mean when shoe trees are in the shoes, the laces should be loose?

post #20754 of 48091
Originally Posted by jrarnold



Is it a good idea to lace your shoes up tightly for storage with shoe trees? Or is this just done for appearance in the photo?
Does that mean when shoe trees are in the shoes, the laces should be loose?

srsly???
post #20755 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Hey I'm thinking of picking up Long Branch in grey as seconds. Bought my first pair of AE's, chose bourbon Strands. Brannick sized me at 10D and Strands also came in at 10D. Any idea of how the Long Branch will fit? True to size?

 

My left foot is 7D, and right foot is 6E. I wear 7D in strands. 7D longbranch (grey also!) fits well with thicker socks. The insole moulds to your foot, it is the most comfortable boots I've tried! Better than wearing double socks and double insoles during my time in the army.

post #20756 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Thanks for the advice. How the heck did you get them for #30?!

 

The AE outlet stores always put brown and other colors on sale right after Christmas.  Get on the mailing list.

post #20757 of 48091
Hoping some people will weigh in: With the Memorial Day sale, Patriots are too good of a price to not pick up. Can't decide between brown and merlot. I normally prefer burgundy shoes because I wear charcoal and navy suits and enjoy the versatility burgundy offers over brown. However, these will probably be worn mostly with jeans in a casual environment.

Any thoughts? I noticed the merlots have v-tread and not sure if that should be a deterrent or not.
post #20758 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post

A thread from several years ago contemplated the question of whether AEs are too "blobby."  While the consensus opinion was (I think) "no,"  my wife is concerned that the Franciscans I just bought during the 91st anniversary sale aren't blobby enough.  That is to say she finds the 3-333 last on which the shoe is built to be too long, and from certain angles she thinks these look like "clown shoes."

 

That's not what AE was going for: "Slightly elongated profile with a square toe shape for a more euro look."

My wardrobe is neither fashion forward nor conservative--more retro-edgy (think BB's new Gatsby line).  So while I expect that most AE aficionados will disagree with my wife, I wonder whether this ought to be my mainstay (3 days a week) shoe for the foreseeable future.  Thoughts?

Also, thoughts on wearing this (walnut) color with a navy suit?

post #20759 of 48091
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post

Also, thoughts on wearing this (walnut) color with a navy suit?

Yes, walnut and navy is killer. Also think about getting the Manistee belt in walnut from AE to match.

post #20760 of 48091

After four straight Tuesdays of snow, finally had enough break in the weather to wear the Townley's for the first time. Thanks to jvc44 for the heads up, and also to tampatravel as it was his post on remaining sizes that caused an impulse purchase. 

 

 

AppleMark

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread