or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1383

post #20731 of 52231
I ordered the walnut Dundee now trying to decide If I should add a espresso Leeds. Any one have a pair they can show me
post #20732 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I was asked for a Strand family picture. As you can tell, I love this model.

From L to R : Dark brown Shell Strand, Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand. (The shell models need some brushing. The Walnut Shell has some water marks from its last wearing)

These are all indoor shots. In natural light the difference between the two shell models is more noticeable.
The only improvement I could see making to this model would be adding a double leather sole, akin to the Cambridge model.



 

 

Do you wear the same size in shell and calf? It looks like the calf version is slightly slimmer than the shell version.

post #20733 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I ordered the walnut Dundee now trying to decide If I should add a espresso Leeds. Any one have a pair they can show me

Once again you and I have very similar tastes. I am trying to decide on a cappacino Leeds or Williams. I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer the Williams to the MacNeil
post #20734 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

AppleMark

 

The Strand and the Dundee in this picture are the same color - brown.  The Strand is olive-ish and the Dundee is a good solid brown.  Also may depend on the finish.  The MacNeil and the Leeds in this picture are the same color, but with a different finish and passage of time.

Is it a good idea to lace your shoes up tightly for storage with shoe trees? Or is this just done for appearance in the photo?

post #20735 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarnold View Post

Is it a good idea to lace your shoes up tightly for storage with shoe trees? Or is this just done for appearance in the photo?

For the photo.

post #20736 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Once again you and I have very similar tastes. I am trying to decide on a cappacino Leeds or Williams. I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer the Williams to the MacNeil

I like the williams allot and that would be great in shell. I thought about it myself but having three shell LWB I decided not. I think I am doing the Leeds
post #20737 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


I like the williams allot and that would be great in shell. I thought about it myself but having three shell LWB I decided not. I think I am doing the Leeds

With a lighter edge trim to make it just a bit more casual?

post #20738 of 52231
Yes I believe so
post #20739 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I like the williams allot and that would be great in shell. I thought about it myself but having three shell LWB I decided not. I think I am doing the Leeds

I finalized my order today for walnut shell Leeds in 10C. Dainite sole with midsole added; brown split reverse welt with light brown welt stitching. I will wear the shoe casually and wanted a rubber outsole for wear in inclement weather, as needed.
post #20740 of 52231
I'm curious as to why AE seems to have so much shell available but Alden seems to have 0. Perhaps forward thinking by Mr.G and company to stock up?
post #20741 of 52231

Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish. 

 

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size.  So these might work better for 12.5D people.

 

Regards!

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords

post #20742 of 52231

First time, long time :)

 

It was an unseasonably dreary day today in San Francisco, so I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some walnut Flatirons.

 

post #20743 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK35216 View Post

Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish. 

 

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size.  So these might work better for 12.5D people.

 

Regards!

 

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords

Lord and Taylor is actually a great place to snag AE firsts on sale since they're always running some sort of promotion. I also know if you can get to the NYC store they will order you any shoe AE makes at the sale price (not sure if other stores can do this).

post #20744 of 52231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I was asked for a Strand family picture. As you can tell, I love this model.

From L to R : Dark brown Shell Strand, Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand. (The shell models need some brushing. The Walnut Shell has some water marks from its last wearing)

These are all indoor shots. In natural light the difference between the two shell models is more noticeable.
The only improvement I could see making to this model would be adding a double leather sole, akin to the Cambridge model.




Nice Saz. Plans to purchase them in black?
post #20745 of 52231
Hey I'm thinking of picking up Long Branch in grey as seconds. Bought my first pair of AE's, chose bourbon Strands. Brannick sized me at 10D and Strands also came in at 10D. Any idea of how the Long Branch will fit? True to size?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread