or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1374

post #20596 of 50951

I just got in touch with the Freeport outlet and they gave me a really bad, bad news.

 

The Leeds will be 15% off during our Memorial Day Sale! Sale starts on the 13th!

 

449-15 % = 381.65.

 

I am officially in trouble.

post #20597 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Hopefully Sazon will still post pictures when he gets a chance too. There are always color variations in the materials and of course 
lighting effect. Here is an older picture I have comparing them.
1000

Walnut calf to the far left, other 2 are walnut shell.

Wow the Dalton and calf strand are quite different. Do the strand and dalton size the same for you?
post #20598 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Wow the Dalton and calf strand are quite different. Do the strand and dalton size the same for you?

For my foot yes, the 1 and 5 last are TTS for me in shell and calf. For the Dublin leather in the rough collection I need to size down a half size just like the Alden Barrie last. But others have had to do different combinations for proper fitment between the 1 and 5 last.

post #20599 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
I was logging on to use the Chat feature to inquire about the laces on my Kenilworths. They came with 30" laces that seem much too long when tied. Does anyone know the proper lace length for a 3 eyelit shoe?

 

I finally got through on the chat feature and it was confirmed to me that my Kenilworths were sent with the wrong size laces. 24" replacement laces are in the mail.

post #20600 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by guasc1 View Post

I just got in touch with the Freeport outlet and they gave me a really bad, bad news.

 

The Leeds will be 15% off during our Memorial Day Sale! Sale starts on the 13th!

 

449-15 % = 381.65.

 

I am officially in trouble.

 

This raises an interesting discussion on a point made a few pages back:  despite the rumor (announcement?) that all AE shell is going to be MTO, it seems that AE keeps turning out a significant number of shell shoes in certain models.  These significant sales on shell seconds typically only come about when there is a surplus of seconds to sell.

post #20601 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

This raises an interesting discussion on a point made a few pages back:  despite the rumor (announcement?) that all AE shell is going to be MTO, it seems that AE keeps turning out a significant number of shell shoes in certain models.  These significant sales on shell seconds typically only come about when there is a surplus of seconds to sell.

Or they are trying to clear their inventory of all the shell made shoes they have to only keep the production of MTO.

 

Results:

1- free inventory space

2- free production line (AE sales are growing) so to keep manufacture in US and/or avoid outsourcing

3- capitalize on current line up (so to kill dead expenses for the current stock)

3- Sell shell shoes at higher price tags, being a MTO service

 

All these points make incredible sense on a business stamp point.

 

Enjoy your afternoon, it is 28 degrees Celsius in Montreal and I am loving it!

Max

post #20602 of 50951
Anybody have this shoe:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Penny-Loafers/MH00026,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00026_Color=BLCK&contentpos=1&cgid=

Thoughts regarding this shoe on the casual/formal spectrum (keeping in mind loafers are inherently more casual than most lace-ups)?

Thoughts on fit?
post #20603 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Anybody have this shoe:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Penny-Loafers/MH00026,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00026_Color=BLCK&contentpos=1&cgid=

Thoughts regarding this shoe on the casual/formal spectrum (keeping in mind loafers are inherently more casual than most lace-ups)?

Thoughts on fit?

I just tried them on this past Sunday.

Great fit, comfortable, soft leather.

I am 8.5D in Park Avenues and that's what I tried.

I have not purchased them because my wife had already pulled out the lawyer's number on her phone...

Married life!

post #20604 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

 

 

Those don't look too bad, but if they're firsts and you're not satisfied, you're justified in returning them.

 

I agree the inconsistently long pinking is the biggest problem there. I don't think one or two "teeth" sticking up is rare. I should point out, though, that the pinking on my Bourbon Strands pretty much all sticks up! This is likely from the opposite problem as yours, where the stitching is too close to the end. See below:

 

 

This was my first pair of AEs, so I didn't have much to compare to, but I've learned to love these shoes so much that I'm not letting it bother me. Though I am curious in hindsight if y'all would've exchanged my Strands for this issue. To put it another way, what do you expect from the pinking of a first quality brogue? Should they all be down and perfect, or is a little mayhem normal?

 

Thanks for the perspective. I think I will ask for an exchange, as that's the kind of thing that would continue to bother me despite my overall love for the shoe.

 

Cheers!

post #20605 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by guasc1 View Post

Or they are trying to clear their inventory of all the shell made shoes they have to only keep the production of MTO.

 

Results:

1- free inventory space

2- free production line (AE sales are growing) so to keep manufacture in US and/or avoid outsourcing

3- capitalize on current line up (so to kill dead expenses for the current stock)

3- Sell shell shoes at higher price tags, being a MTO service

 

All these points make incredible sense on a business stamp point.

 

Enjoy your afternoon, it is 28 degrees Celsius in Montreal and I am loving it!

Max

 

They had some big sales a year or so ago to clear shell inventory, which is why some of us are wondering if there is still production going on for certain models.

post #20606 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

They had some big sales a year or so ago to clear shell inventory, which is why some of us are wondering if there is still production going on for certain models.

 

Couldn't agree more. I bought shell Leeds and shell macneils during that sale period and at the time read at ae.com and was told by the SA's that shell shoes going forward would be MTO only. That was over a year ago. I'd have to guess that it is simply not the case, judging by the number of shell models that are still around and in some cases on sale.

post #20607 of 50951
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinsay View Post

 

Thanks for the perspective. I think I will ask for an exchange, as that's the kind of thing that would continue to bother me despite my overall love for the shoe.

 

Cheers!


Good idea.  You should be 100% happy with your purchase.  Take advantage of the free shipping.

post #20608 of 50951
good news and sad news

good:
recently got black mctavishes from the jville outlet during the sale. I must have poor attn to detail b/c I can't tell why these are even seconds and I love 'em. can't wait to break them in.





bad:
went to put on my mcallisters last night and as I pulled up on the tongue it ripped right out! anyone ever had this happen to them? Think I could get a cobbler to fix this? Or just contact AE?


post #20609 of 50951
That's crazy I've never seen anything like that before.
post #20610 of 50951

wow that is crazy, never seen that before

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread