or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1369

post #20521 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

I hear you. I just ordered my second shoe\boot in cappuccino shell in a weeks time so I am trying to help level the playing field between walnut and truffle availability smile.gif

 

Got an email today from the Jeffersonville Ohio Outlet about the next uncoming sale. You should be able to click on the images to read them in larger size.

 

 

Is it a secret any longer that Cold Iron is the reason for the shell shortage?  Are we allowed to publically discuss this yet?

post #20522 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

There is always shell

I hate you guys!

This morning I placed an order for Bradleys, slightly wider (fingers crossed on fit), size 8.5E, chili grain.

I really liked the style and the grain leather and you got me going with the idea of asking for a slight wider model.

You seriously need to stop doing this!

 

On a side note, I just saw the brochure with the upcoming sale..

Lasalle for 129?!? NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Don't do this to me!

post #20523 of 52281
You need to have strong will power to be a member of this thread.

On a side note, If you stick around here long enough, you will eventually start thinking of all cash expenditures in terms of shoes. For example, a conversation I had with my wife recently: that patio just cost 30 pair of shell Cordovan shoes!

Fortunately, she's understanding... More than I would be if the roles were reversed!
post #20524 of 52281

I know that shell is all the rage, but has anybody considered doing a custom make up of the Neumora in a suede offering?  I can't even start to envision how good that would look. 

post #20525 of 52281
Just called the Ohio store and spoke with Kelsy. Very nice salesgirl. She added me to their email blast list. Trying to decide between black pair of Lasalles and Parkways but for $129 sale price is it a no brainier to get the Lasalles?
post #20526 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

You need to have strong will power to be a member of this thread.

On a side note, If you stick around here long enough, you will eventually start thinking of all cash expenditures in terms of shoes. For example, a conversation I had with my wife recently: that patio just cost 30 pair of shell Cordovan shoes!

Fortunately, she's understanding... More than I would be if the roles were reversed!

Well, it's a slippery slope. I was grilling over a weber charcoal grill with little success yesterday. Long prep times to light the coals and cook everything. I thought to myself, damn I should really buy a weber gas grill. Then I thought it's too much money, when I had just spent more than that on my last pair of cordovan boots.
post #20527 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

You need to have strong will power to be a member of this thread.

On a side note, If you stick around here long enough, you will eventually start thinking of all cash expenditures in terms of shoes. For example, a conversation I had with my wife recently: that patio just cost 30 pair of shell Cordovan shoes!

Fortunately, she's understanding... More than I would be if the roles were reversed!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post


Well, it's a slippery slope. I was grilling over a weber charcoal grill with little success yesterday. Long prep times to light the coals and cook everything. I thought to myself, damn I should really buy a weber gas grill. Then I thought it's too much money, when I had just spent more than that on my last pair of cordovan boots.

 

The SF version of the battle of the sexes.  My wife and I are buying a new house that needs some work/decorating/new furniture.  For some reason the cost of shoes and suits keep coming into the conversation relative to the cost of appliances and new furniture. 

post #20528 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Because of your guys input I decided to pick them up. I paid $105 shipped to my house. Good deal? If they don't fit right I'm gonna flip them here.
y8u8a6ur.jpgytyqy6ez.jpg

 

 

Really, the creases on these shoes give them a very cool character to me.

post #20529 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

 

LONGBRANCH BOOTS

 

How has the calfskin Long Branch boots worn for you - as far as comfort right out of the box?  Did you need any break-in period before the comfort began?  Or did the Long Branch perform like the AE calfskin dress shoes - where no breakin is necessary?

 

DALTON BOOTS

 

For others who own the Daltons and have use them for outdoor use -  how have these worn for you on long walks (a few miles) on city or parkside walking trails (not forest hiking trails).  Although I anticipate they are extremely comfortable for indoor use, how comfortable have they been for long walks - like a few miles?  

 

And although they have that very nice leather sole, how have the soles worn for you?

 

Thanks for all of your help,


David

 

Thanks everyone for your advice.

 

I just confirmed at late day that the Longbranch is going to do me better than the Dalton for long walks (walking in the park, window shopping through town, and dedicated trails) - because the sole on the Longbranch absorbs more shock to each step than the Dalton flat leather sole - hence, a more comfortable journey.  Now comes the "experimental fit - and it looks like I'm going to be okay with that too.

 

Later, I still would like to buy the Dalton when I have fewer "miles" to walk.

 

My best to all,

 

David

post #20530 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


The SF version of the battle of the sexes.  My wife and I are buying a new house that needs some work/decorating/new furniture.  For some
reason the cost of shoes and suits keep coming into the conversation relative to the cost of appliances and new furniture. 

A healthy shoe addiction can distort one's perception of what constitutes an expensive purchase. Not that long ago my girlfriend noticed a new pair of Aldens sitting on the table. She says "I thought you weren't going to buy any more expensive shoes". I who had previously purchased a new pair of Edward Green dovers responeded with " I didn't purchase anymore expensive shoes, these were only $500". Much to my surprise , she did not share my view point on the subject.
post #20531 of 52281

PSA:  RL online has some nice AE-made offerings on sale for up to 40% off.  I do not follow this thread much at all, so sorry if this has already been posted.  The sale ends tonight...

 

Sanderson (LWB; not the same as the MacNeil, it's MUCH nicer)  - 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4325812&cp=2943767.2018030&view=99&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&parentPage=family

 

Slaton (Perf Cap Toe blucher)  -  http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4325816&cp=2943767.2018030&view=99&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&parentPage=family

 

Singleton (penny loafer)  -  http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4325813&cp=2943767.2018030&view=99&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&parentPage=family

 

Saunders (3 eyelet Chukka)  -  http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360407&cp=2943767.2018030&view=99&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&parentPage=family

 

I do not know the lasts that each are built on, but I know that the Sanderson runs TTS.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  Hope this helps some of you...

post #20532 of 52281

E-mailed the Shoe Bank to ask about a few discontinued models I really wanted. Vincenzo only found a Bayfield in brown (CXL I assume). Only one in size 9D ($167).

post #20533 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Is it a secret any longer that Cold Iron is the reason for the shell shortage?  Are we allowed to publically discuss this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

 

The SF version of the battle of the sexes.  My wife and I are buying a new house that needs some work/decorating/new furniture.  For some reason the cost of shoes and suits keep coming into the conversation relative to the cost of appliances and new furniture. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


A healthy shoe addiction can distort one's perception of what constitutes an expensive purchase. Not that long ago my girlfriend noticed a new pair of Aldens sitting on the table. She says "I thought you weren't going to buy any more expensive shoes". I who had previously purchased a new pair of Edward Green dovers responeded with " I didn't purchase anymore expensive shoes, these were only $500". Much to my surprise , she did not share my view point on the subject.

 

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

post #20534 of 52281

add me to the "lasalle's for $130, nooooooooo" train

 

what's the general +/- on the lasalle sizing relative to the common 5-last?

post #20535 of 52281
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

what's the general +/- on the lasalle sizing relative to the common 5-last?

 

I think it would be awesome if we all added our entire collection to the website David Copeland mentioned before. Even with variations due to leather type and whether or not we like the size we have, it could very quickly answer the question of "Does this fit true to size?":

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Great website to pre-determine how another shoe style and size may convert to a specific AE shoe style:

 

http://feetlot.com/allen-edmonds

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread