or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1352

post #20266 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarnold View Post

Any tips on the best way to lookout for sales? Just obsessively lurk here(already doing that)?

 

This is why I won't let my daughter text me unless she uses full, complete, English words. There's really no excuse with the amount of smartphone users and apps like Swype. Its actually easier to use real words with quick type programs.

It only seems obsessive for the first year or so. Then you find yourself checking this site and thread every time you check your email and all of a sudden you find it normal behavior biggrin.gif But it is dangerous because so many posters put up real life pictures of their AE shoes and you realize just how great they look compared to the pictures on the website and you just have to have them as your next shoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

It's pretty unbelievable to me that there would be that much snow where you are (I think maybe Rochester?), but none at all up here in St Paul. In fact, the roads were pretty much dry on my way in to work this morning.

I'm wearing my burgundy calf Grayson tassel loafers today - they strangely fit much tighter than my macneils, which are the same size and on the same last.  Must be because I have a high instep, and loafers have so much less leeway regarding fit.

Yeah outside of town to the NE. You all were supposed to get this not us! They haven't even plowed most roads yet out here. And it is not getting any better:

 

Lots of power outages but the hospitals and clinic downtown are totally self contained with their own power plants of course. Talking to the regional sites this morning Mankato said there is brown grass in town but a wall of 1 foot snow just East of town. Albert Lea is without power and had to shutdown. Some of the Wi. sites are buried too. And to add insult to injury the next chance of getting up to 60 degrees is sometime early next week :-( Spent an hour on the phone this morning with Jax, Fl. and they were complaining that it was raining hard down there LOL.

post #20267 of 47252

lol...Well, thats that...I asked my friendly local Allen Edmonds retailer if it was possible for me to get a MTO style in the color I preferred per the offer extended on StyleForum.  She checked into it dutifully, and I believe, thoroughly.  She called me back today to notify me that she researched THIS VERY WEBSITE through and through, to which I directed her in hopes of making her aware of this "promotional offer".  She said she both searched the website, AND asked around the customer service/order center and no one there even knew what she was talking about....lol...havent ever even heard of an Allen Edmonds "SWAT FORCE" or whatever, and they didnt even have any of the more exotic colors of shell in stock at the factory to even complete a MTO promotional order...lol

 

Ah well, it didnt take a genius to figure out that the informality, alone, of such a one-off, oddball proposal/promotional offer would yield flimsy results.  And I never bought into this hokey notion that a failure receive an initial response of any sort to my request had anything to do with me not emailing Mr. Grangaard vs. PM'ing him, or any of that other bullpuckey.  From the outset it never really even made sense to me that a MTO offer would be extended directly from the Allen Edmonds' CEO to ONLY a select few shoe fanatics on one single website.  lol...Even as much as I like Allen Edmonds, it just never seemed plausible to begin with.  But, it was worth a shot anyway.  Hell, Ive already waited 5 weeks for my shell order thus far -- At this point Im starting to just wish I hadve never even made the exchange to begin with.  But, might as well wait it on out and just take what they give me and be satisfied with it.  Because I think Ill be satisfied anyway.  Shell is shell, I guess.  Plus, I still think Allen Edmonds' customer service is Grade A, so whatever.  But if I ever get the impulse to buy more Allen Edmonds shell, I guess I now know to directly email Paul if I am to avoid this sort of runaround.
 

post #20268 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

"Penny Loafers" by Allen Edmonds - in a suede.

Perhaps I am wrong - but that picture may be showing a re-sole job - and on the inside of the heel, it looks like there is a cut.  If it originally came with a all-leather sole and was resoled - then it could be in the McGraw type of AE shoe - similar to the Nordstrom item here:

You can call AE and give them the number also - they have a complete database going back many years.

David

If they were a re-sole they were an AE re-sole. This looks exactly like AE's combination tap sole.
post #20269 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


If they were a re-sole they were an AE re-sole. This looks exactly like AE's combination tap sole.

If they were a resole by AE, they would have the hammer stamp on the bottom.  I think they are original soles. 

 

I'd say go to the live chat option on the AE website and tell them the model number.  They will ID the shoe for you.

post #20270 of 47252

I am also curious about this. Although I do plan on wearing socks, I plan to purchase this as a spring/summer shoe as well. 

post #20271 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2318 View Post

Anybody have any experience with the Neumok as a summer shoe??

I know it is unlined, but I am curious as to how the shoe "breaths" during warmer months.

I am looking for something that could be worn sockless with khakis/chinos/linen pants.

Thanks in advance for the help.

 

I'm a newbie and forgot to quote

post #20272 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


 

For what it's worth, New Orleans has nothing on Cajun Country when it comes to boiling crawfish. Come to my parent's home in New Roads, LA and let some authentic Cajuns show you a proper crawfish boil.

post #20273 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

For what it's worth, New Orleans has nothing on Cajun Country when it comes to boiling crawfish. Come to my parent's home in New Roads, LA and let some authentic Cajuns show you a proper crawfish boil.

Idk Houma boils a mean crawfish. Pretty country up your way though.
post #20274 of 47252

Well sure, but Houma is part of Acadiana    stirpot.gif

 

 

It's all good in South Louisiana, though. Damn...I'm hungry.

post #20275 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

lol...Well, thats that...I asked my friendly local Allen Edmonds retailer if it was possible for me to get a MTO style in the color I preferred per the offer extended on StyleForum.  She checked into it dutifully, and I believe, thoroughly.  She called me back today to notify me that she researched THIS VERY WEBSITE through and through, to which I directed her in hopes of making her aware of this "promotional offer".  She said she both searched the website, AND asked around the customer service/order center and no one there even knew what she was talking about....lol...havent ever even heard of an Allen Edmonds "SWAT FORCE" or whatever, and they didnt even have any of the more exotic colors of shell in stock at the factory to even complete a MTO promotional order...lol

 

Ah well, it didnt take a genius to figure out that the informality, alone, of such a one-off, oddball proposal/promotional offer would yield flimsy results.  And I never bought into this hokey notion that a failure receive an initial response of any sort to my request had anything to do with me not emailing Mr. Grangaard vs. PM'ing him, or any of that other bullpuckey.  From the outset it never really even made sense to me that a MTO offer would be extended directly from the Allen Edmonds' CEO to ONLY a select few shoe fanatics on one single website.  lol...Even as much as I like Allen Edmonds, it just never seemed plausible to begin with.  But, it was worth a shot anyway.  Hell, Ive already waited 5 weeks for my shell order thus far -- At this point Im starting to just wish I hadve never even made the exchange to begin with.  But, might as well wait it on out and just take what they give me and be satisfied with it.  Because I think Ill be satisfied anyway.  Shell is shell, I guess.  Plus, I still think Allen Edmonds' customer service is Grade A, so whatever.  But if I ever get the impulse to buy more Allen Edmonds shell, I guess I now know to directly email Paul if I am to avoid this sort of runaround.

 

Paul specifically asked that we email him with MTO requests; you didn't and got "flimsy results". Many people have contacted Paul directly and placed custom orders without issue. You can't expect a sales associate to know what the CEO offers to SF members, much less dig through thousands of posts looking for proof. If you want a custom MTO without the up charge than email Paul and see what they can do for you. 

post #20276 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

For what it's worth, New Orleans has nothing on Cajun Country when it comes to boiling crawfish. Come to my parent's home in New Roads, LA and let some authentic Cajuns show you a proper crawfish boil.
Ive lived in california since the the late 60's but my family had a house boat on False River when I was a kid .My next door neighbors in Baton Rouge owned one othose big camps that served food and had dances just outside New Roads .Damn if I can rember the name of the place their name was Milton
My brother is an ex police chief in BR . Small world .
post #20277 of 47252

englade 321, was it Bonaventure's, Jim's or Parrot's perchance? If it was defunct long before my time (pre-1983), I may not know the name, but I'm sure my father would. It is certainly a small world. If you get the itch to ride out on the waves of False River again, look me up.
 

post #20278 of 47252

There's a very good looking pair of new shell Dalton's in 9D on the bay.  It's not my listing.  Just thought I'd share the link as I think it is quite a good deal.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Dalton-Boot-Horween-Shell-Cordovan-8-Size-9D-Retail-695-/130900718868?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e7a4a7514

 

 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTM1YTAzMTEwNGY2Y2RhZTdlMGEwYzA1MTgxZWVlYThkZDY3fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT10dXJrZXloaWxsbWludHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9NS8xLzEzIDEwOjA1IFBN

post #20279 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

The Cappuccino McAllisters are here!

 

Pictures (Click to show)

 

No flash:

 

 

AppleMark

 

Flash:

AppleMark

 

Flash:

AppleMark

 

The toes (flash)

AppleMark

 

 

 

These are the best looking AE's I've ever seen.  I simultaneously hate and love you for posting these pictures. 

post #20280 of 47252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

 

I'm a newbie and forgot to quote


I was just about to write to you and mention the quote option!

 

Welcome to the forum and to the AE thread! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread