or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1351

post #20251 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

They look great! 

I'm still wondering what makes these shoes "Seconds"?

I'm also starting to think I may have missed out on this great sale, even though I'm trying to keep more of my money given I am getting married next month.

Here's what I came up with on the 2nds idea. On the brown pair there is a reversed piece of leather at the inside back of the heel. On one shoe the leather is dead center but on the other the leather is about 3/4" off center. No idea if this is the reason for these being labeled as seconds but it is the only thing I can find and I didn't even notice that until last night. On the burgundy shell that i just picked up I can tell that there are some inconsistencies in the finish. There is also a small indention on the side of the shoe (less than a 1/16") although it is not noticeable from more than a foot away. I'm pretty sure I can fix the finish quality with a little Saphir Reno and #8 cordovan polish.
post #20252 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

It is the white heavy crap all over the place. Deck was bare when I went to bed last night.



At least 5 more inches expected today. Wearing brown shell Patriots as house slippers today but don't expect to be wearing any of my AE shoes for the next couple of days. Trees and branches are dropping all around me and expect to be running the chainsaw all weekend cleaning up around the house.

WOW! That is crazy for May.
post #20253 of 48276
Anybody have any experience with the Neumok as a summer shoe??

I know it is unlined, but I am curious as to how the shoe "breaths" during warmer months.

I am looking for something that could be worn sockless with khakis/chinos/linen pants.

Thanks in advance for the help.
post #20254 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


WOW! That is just cruel for May.

 

FTFY.

post #20255 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

FTFY.

We're at the 70s today in sunny SoCal

post #20256 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post

I sent him an email with my phone number, and he actually called me that same afternoon. We spoke for about 10 minutes. Nice guy, needless to say. He apparently works very hard to keep his finger on the market's pulse.

CH

I emailed the CEO this morning. Less than 90 minutes later I received an email response from him. Another example of AE's crazy-good customer service.
post #20257 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

FTFY.

You guys speak a language I don't know. I had to go look in the "urban dictionary" to find out what that meant.
post #20258 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


You guys speak a language I don't know. I had to go look in the "most useful website in existence" to find out what that meant.

 

FTFY

post #20259 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

It is the white heavy crap all over the place. Deck was bare when I went to bed last night.

 

At least 5 more inches expected today. Wearing brown shell Patriots as house slippers today but don't expect to be wearing any of my AE shoes for the next couple of days. Trees and branches are dropping all around me and expect to be running the chainsaw all weekend cleaning up around the house.

 

It's pretty unbelievable to me that there would be that much snow where you are (I think maybe Rochester?), but none at all up here in St Paul. In fact, the roads were pretty much dry on my way in to work this morning.

I'm wearing my burgundy calf Grayson tassel loafers today - they strangely fit much tighter than my macneils, which are the same size and on the same last.  Must be because I have a high instep, and loafers have so much less leeway regarding fit.

post #20260 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

FTFY

Funny. I teach part time at a college and last year I was asked to teach a few college prep courses for students that are either in their last year of high school or students that have already graduated and are about to start college. The classes are online and were pretty easy. The students had to participate in an online discussion, take a weekly quiz, and write a weekly paper. I'll never forget the first week when I read the papers and the students were using all this "text language". I saw things like "this week has been gr8" and "i've never heard about any of this information b4". At that point I lost all faith in the public school system.
post #20261 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

When you get your new shoes wear them for a few hours inside the house to make sure they fit correctly. The Benton has a rubber sole and will not need much breaking in however you do want to make sure they are the correct size. I would wear them M-W-F and rotate with the shoe you are currently wearing. And as mentioned use shoe trees when not on your feet. Once you start wearing them it will be tempting to wear them all the time but I also recommend against that. Start saving and you will be able to purchase another shoe before you know it. Keep an eye out for sales that are brought up on here. Good luck.

 

Any tips on the best way to lookout for sales? Just obsessively lurk here(already doing that)?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post


Funny. I teach part time at a college and last year I was asked to teach a few college prep courses for students that are either in their last year of high school or students that have already graduated and are about to start college. The classes are online and were pretty easy. The students had to participate in an online discussion, take a weekly quiz, and write a weekly paper. I'll never forget the first week when I read the papers and the students were using all this "text language". I saw things like "this week has been gr8" and "i've never heard about any of this information b4". At that point I lost all faith in the public school system.

 

This is why I won't let my daughter text me unless she uses full, complete, English words. There's really no excuse with the amount of smartphone users and apps like Swype. Its actually easier to use real words with quick type programs.

post #20262 of 48276

My new Daltons just arrived.

 

post #20263 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post

I saw that as well; since I'm a sucker for a quantity break, it pushed me to bite the bullet and just buy a big jug of the stuff.
Somewhat more initial outlay, but it's a splendid deal and I will probably never ever run out.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

A tip for Fore Supply, have them ship to a business address (like your office), the shipping will be cheaper.

 

Thanks, guys. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to use 32 ounces of this stuff, haha.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

VSC is available from some of the AE shoe outlets for $5.  I just have them send me a jar with a shoe purchase every once in a while.  I don't know how they would handle shipping just that item.  

 

Nice Patriots!  I haven't worn my brown ones yet, except to try them on for a few minutes - I hope mine break in as well as yours have.  I have found AE's brown shell works well with blue and navy, as well as tan.  Enjoy wearing them!  

 

Edit: Today's shoes, Burgundy Cambridge @ 14 months old.

 

 

 

The Patriots broke in pretty well, they're just a little bit tight around the instep but I expect that will get better over time. It's a very comfortable shoe. 

Also, I love the different tones of reds on your Cambridges. It makes them look quite unique.

post #20264 of 48276
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post

 

Thanks, guys. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to use 32 ounces of this stuff, haha.

i know, it's like a lifetime supply and may even dry up before you could use it all.  i've had my can for like a year and have used some but it doesn't even appear to be any lower at all yet. 

post #20265 of 48276
Suede Hancocks from the bay just came in last night...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread