Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds ANNIVERSARY SALE!!!! Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 4/14/14 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1349
Styles mentioned in this thread:
And that, my friend, is how my first purchase at Nordstroms went in 1999. Once I had picked a great pair of shoes - the apt sales professional suggested the same principle - and I aptly bought 4 pair at the same time - (the best $1000 I ever invested)
Thanks for the suggestion. Ive decided to just request the exchange through the retailer. I was under the impression that correspondence with Mr. Grangaard directly on this website wasnt necessarily out of the norm or in poor taste. But since it appears to be, it seems from my interaction with the retailer that I should have an answer shortly. Though I was dismissed by the Customer Service agent on the telephone and directed to contact the retailer, I have full faith that Allen Edmonds' stellar customer service will prevail at the retail level in yielding a response.
Thanks. At least I can pinpoint what the problem is. I know another poster suggested using a darker polish, problem therein is that the darker I go, the less of the Bourbon effect I see. I suppose I'll just make the best of what's in front of me. Thanks for the info, though. It's good to know that in time it will hopefully get better.
this was posted in the shoe care thread. this guy tests venetian shoe cream versus saphir renovateur here:
"Looks like VSC wins from a results standpoint, and when you factor in how much cheaper it is, as well as it's ease of removal (I find that Reno's oiliness can make it a bit more of a chore to brush off) I would choose VSC hands down every time."
He prefers VSC. I prefer Reno. I don't care. Do you have a point?
Can anyone recommend an online retailer where I can find Venetian Shoe Cream? Most retailers have a shipping cost of $11 and I'm not ready to spend that much on a $5 product. Unfortunately no seller on eBay is currently selling this.
In the meantime, I finally got to wear my brown shell Patriots today. I'm extremely satisfied with them and so glad I decided against selling them. The colour is ridiculously beautiful and works so well with my blue and green chinos. I'm also quite impressed with the J.R. soles. I walked around Toronto for about an hour on tough pavement and the soles look barely scuffed!
The cappuccino shell is gorgeous. I wish it weren't quite so close to the brown that I already have. I will have tomake walnut my next shell target.
As for products - 'tests and findings' seem like a bit of an overstatement for one guy trying two products and preferring one over the other.
I don't use Saphir Renovateur for shell. I use Saphir Cordovan Cream. Seems to me that if they went to the trouble to create a product specifically for shell, they just might have done so for a reason. I use Reno for calf and think it is pretty damned terrific.
I am curious, when did you place your order, and overall how long did it take to get them. I emailed Mr. Grangaard the day after he posted, we had an email exchange regarding the availability of the color I wanted and I placed the order last week. They told me 8 weeks. I am curious how long it took for yours once you placed the order.
I saw that as well; since I'm a sucker for a quantity break, it pushed me to bite the bullet and just buy a big jug of the stuff.
Somewhat more initial outlay, but it's a splendid deal and I will probably never ever run out.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 54 seconds ago
- › INTEREST CHECK – ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Nice Laundry - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 8 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw