or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1337

post #20041 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

And - the link I gave you to all of the old catalogs - you may wish to view their current catalog to see if any of the older styles are being offered with minor revisions.  (I am also told that the new Fall Catalog is available too)

 

Really? I want to see this since Paul promised more suede options.

post #20042 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

The boots in the first picture are Long Branches, and that picture has existed longer than the Chili Daltons have been in production.  The Long Branches come in either Dark Brown or Brown, and they come with two pairs of laces (red and brown).  You can see the Vibram rubber lug sole in the pictured pair as well. 

Oh I understand - but I was just inquiring because both pictures show leather color that looks the same - so much the same that the Longbranch color "looks" like the Chili in the Dalton picture.

 

Dark Brown = Chili?

post #20043 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Oh I understand - but I was just inquiring because both pictures show leather color that looks the same - so much the same that the Longbranch color "looks" like the Chili in the Dalton picture.

 

Dark Brown = Chili?

 

No, they don't mix up their colors like that.  It is strictly the lighting in the picture, and the picture is Brown.  Perhaps this will help:

 

Brown Longbranch

 

 

Burnished Chili Walton

post #20044 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Oh I understand - but I was just inquiring because both pictures show leather color that looks the same - so much the same that the Longbranch color "looks" like the Chili in the Dalton picture.

Dark Brown = Chili?

You have to remember that AE photography is terrible and rarely represents the product as it appears in person.
post #20045 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Oh I understand - but I was just inquiring because both pictures show leather color that looks the same - so much the same that the Longbranch color "looks" like the Chili in the Dalton picture.

 

because we all know you can really very accurately determine the shoe color by how it looks on an online picture....  

post #20046 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post


You have to remember that AE photography is terrible and rarely represents the product as it appears in person.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

because we all know you can really very accurately determine the shoe color by how it looks on an online picture....  

 

Teaching moment for Mediahound.  MH, the substance of your comment is the same as ckprax.  Do you see, however, how he delivered it in a constructive and non-sarcastic tone?

post #20047 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

 

Teaching moment for Mediahound.  MH, the substance of your comment is the same as ckprax.  Do you see, however, how he delivered it in a constructive and non-sarcastic tone?

i'm well aware, it was my intention to be sarcastic, clearly. 


Edited by mediahound - 4/29/13 at 11:06am
post #20048 of 42907

Seriously- take a note. It is very pleasant reading this thread, good information presented by well-informed gentlemen- then, well, there's you... 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

i'm well aware, it was my intention to be sarcastic, clearly. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

 

Teaching moment for Mediahound.  MH, the substance of your comment is the same as ckprax.  Do you see, however, how he delivered it in a constructive and non-sarcastic tone?

post #20049 of 42907

Wow- you're good...   fing02[1].gif

 

Nice to be in an internet forum where people KNOW what they're talking about!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

The boots in the first picture are Long Branches, and that picture has existed longer than the Chili Daltons have been in production.  The Long Branches come in either Dark Brown or Brown, and they come with two pairs of laces (red and brown).  You can see the Vibram rubber lug sole in the pictured pair as well. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

^^^ Also, the boots in the first picture have speed hooks (Long Branch).  Dalton's don't have speed hooks. 

post #20050 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post

Seriously- take a note. It is very pleasant reading this thread, good information presented by well-informed gentlemen- then, well, there's you... 

 

 

go ahead and pick apart every post that i make here, if you'd like, that's your choice, whatever turns you on i guess... but make sure you take note of who was wrong above and providing bad information.


Edited by mediahound - 4/29/13 at 6:19pm
post #20051 of 42907

 

Daltons in Grey Calf which I wore to a Spring Barn Dance on Saturday, a decision I regret a little because those leather soles got pretty banged up!

post #20052 of 42907

What color heel dressing should I use for the Boca Ratons in Walnut?

Chilli or Brown?

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6903_1_40000000001_-1

post #20053 of 42907
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

What color heel dressing should I use for the Boca Ratons in Walnut?

Chilli or Brown?

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6903_1_40000000001_-1

 

Brown in my opinion

post #20054 of 42907
Ordered a pair of black 13 Bentons from the Jeffersonville store. They had the width that I wanted available in a factory second and I was able to take advantage of the 20%. Thank you for all the help and information.
post #20055 of 42907
I was unsure on sizing for the patriots so I ordered a 9.5D and 9.5E from the jefferson store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread