or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1330

post #19936 of 51075
Also anyone know where to find vintage AE? And in size 14. How does AE deside what last to use for shoes and style choices. The past had a better selection then now!!!!!
post #19937 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

You people will be the death of me. I just ordered shell Patriots from Jeffersonville.

What size and color did you get? I ordered and received the Brown Shell Patriots in 9.5D last week. They are a little tight when I wear them with socks and fit perfect without socks. I'm still hoping they loosen up a tad bit but even if they don't I can wear them comfortably. I'm thinking of ordering a pair in burgundy shell as well while the sale is still on.
post #19938 of 51075

$136.00 OFF.  The "1 Up" is On Sale at AE Clearance web site for only 209.00 (regular $345.00)

 

 

Just in time for golf in Western Montana - where we have hundreds of golf courses.

post #19939 of 51075
Anyone have experience with these, in terms of fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post



$136.00 OFF.  The "1 Up" is On Sale at AE Clearance web site for only 209.00 (regular $345.00)




Just in time for golf in Western Montana - where we have hundreds of golf courses.
post #19940 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deladonis View Post

Also anyone know where to find vintage AE? And in size 14. How does AE deside what last to use for shoes and style choices. The past had a better selection then now!!!!!
 

 

Many are still around.  How far back in Vintage do you want to go?

 

Here is their 1956-1957 Catalog:

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/1956-1957-catalog

 

Other old catalogs are here:

http://issuu.com/search?q=allen+edmonds&cr=all&lan=en&dsp=text&num=10&st=document

post #19941 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

 

Many are still around.  How far back in Vintage do you want to go?

 

Here is their 1956-1957 Catalog:

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/1956-1957-catalog

 

Other old catalogs are here:

http://issuu.com/search?q=allen+edmonds&cr=all&lan=en&dsp=text&num=10&st=document

NICE...Thanks for posting those links.

post #19942 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by umirin View Post

Got a call today from the store. My walnut McAllisters are in. I'll be picking them up when I get back into town. I'm pretty pumped about them because they are my first pair of quality shoes. Now I have to find the perfect pair of Burgundy Shell loafers.

 

Welcome!  I'm glad you're pumped about your new shoes.  I hope you get your wallet pumped up, too, because it's a long road from here on out if you keep reading these threads.

 

Enjoy your new kicks.

post #19943 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by umirin View Post

Got a call today from the store. My walnut McAllisters are in. I'll be picking them up when I get back into town. I'm pretty pumped about them because they are my first pair of quality shoes. Now I have to find the perfect pair of Burgundy Shell loafers.

The Jeffersonville outlet has seconds Shell Burgundy Patriots for $359 after a discount. A great deal.

post #19944 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

What size and color did you get? I ordered and received the Brown Shell Patriots in 9.5D last week. They are a little tight when I wear them with socks and fit perfect without socks. I'm still hoping they loosen up a tad bit but even if they don't I can wear them comfortably. I'm thinking of ordering a pair in burgundy shell as well while the sale is still on.
I ordered brown shell and went true to size 12D. I had ordered Randolph's, but am returning them due to too much heel slippage. Cold Iron's report on the fit and the great deal convinced me to give them a try.
post #19945 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

2)  For the Dalton instructions, the best source of instructions and superior products would be in the following link:

 

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/shoe-care-guide/shoe-antiquing-the-new-old.html

 

David

Oh, forgot to ask. It says to go one shade darker. I previous store associate had walnut Daltons, and he recommended black. Should I do that, or use Merlot and build it up? I'm good with polishing dark colors shoes, but this it the first set of Walnut I will do plus I've never antiqued shoes before.

post #19946 of 51075

My bourbon McAllisters also have a slight ridge behind the medallion.  There is a stiffer cap under the final layer, probably meant to hold the shape of the toe.

post #19947 of 51075
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj555 View Post

Oh, forgot to ask. It says to go one shade darker. I previous store associate had walnut Daltons, and he recommended black. Should I do that, or use Merlot and build it up? I'm good with polishing dark colors shoes, but this it the first set of Walnut I will do plus I've never antiqued shoes before.

 

The store associate may have had success with his method - but Hangerproject lives and breaths this every day.  You have a great deal of money invested with your Daltons (the same style I am saving for).  I strongly suggest you call the owner, Kirby, at Hangerproject on Monday at 800-495-3201 and get his direct advice.  Make sure you have a notepad ready - he has a wealth of information - and after my last phone call to him, I was able to pick and choose the exact products.

 

For colors, I would not trust web site pictures.  Make the $8 investment and get the Color Guide sent with some of the more generic items.  Here is the link:

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

The above printed guide allows you to place a color over your shoe to see the most exact color match possible.  This is a superb accessory for all of your shoes before choosing the Saphir polishes and creams.

post #19948 of 51075
For those with calf patriots any advice with sizing?
post #19949 of 51075
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

The Jeffersonville outlet has seconds Shell Burgundy Patriots for $359 after a discount. A great deal.
o they ship to Canada? I'm pretty far from Ohio, unfortunately.
post #19950 of 51075

My First Love Affair - With the Allen Edmonds Sanfords (From the 1998 Catalog):

 

 

I purchased four pairs (a $1000 investment well spent back in 1998)

 

Then in 2013 - I called AE to inquire of recrafting one of of the pair (the others still remain in excellent condition).  The AE rep mentioned they had a brand new Sanford as a Second!  I could not believe it!  How rare, I thought, that AE would have the last pair of Sanfords in my size at $179 shipped.

 

However, when I received my order I noticed something different - only to realize later that what I received was the 2011 Edition of the Sanford:

 

 

 

As you can see from the above 2011 Sanford - there are fewer shoe eyelits - four (4) instead of the five (5) that my '98 versions have.  The small difference may not be that great of displeasure for some - but for me it was a bit of a let-down - especially in view that the 2013 Catalog is showing many of the upper-end dress styles with six (6) eyelits.

 

Paul had mentioned that the Sanford Plates were lost - which may explain why the 2011 version is not the same as the '98 version.

 

Still - I am going to do my best in getting my Black pair back to excellent condition.  This Love Affair will continue.

 

David

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread