or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC View Post
Weybridge - Chili (5958)
Weybridge - Chili (5958S) (whats the difference??)


the s means second. Weybridge is a nice shoe
post #197 of 46883
jumped on brown macneil and Walnut Augusta

208

Not bad
post #198 of 46883
The Shoe Bank will ship out the shoes right? Or am I expected to go to Wisconsin...

Also, I have a pair of Cambridges on the 5 last in 10.5 D, but I heard the MacNeils run wide. Would a 10D fit me?
post #199 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisD View Post
The Shoe Bank will ship out the shoes right? Or am I expected to go to Wisconsin...

Also, I have a pair of Cambridges on the 5 last in 10.5 D, but I heard the MacNeils run wide. Would a 10D fit me?
You are aware that AE comes in from AAA to EEE widths aren't you? Why would you buy another size if you're a 10.5?
post #200 of 46883
10.5C rarely shows up on ebay :/
post #201 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC View Post
So I was told these are available in my size range. Any suggestions from anyone?
Also, any information on which lasts these are all made on? I wear a 7.5D on #5 lasts (Park Aves/Fifth Aves).


Burbank - Black
Burbank - Saddle Brn
Leyland - Black/Black
Clifton - Chestnut
Augusta Walnut Calf - Walnut
Bel Air - Black
Bel Air - Chocolate
Weybridge - Chili (5958)
Weybridge - Chili (5958S) (whats the difference??)
Winhall - Black/Black
Winhall - Chili
Malone - Brown
Shelton - Black/Burgundy
Macneil Navy Calf - Navy
Macneil Burgundy Grain - Burgundy


Thanks in advance!

The last is the fourth digit in the 4-digit product number. For example the Weybridge is on last 8.
post #202 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post
jumped on brown macneil and Walnut Augusta

208

Not bad

Where'd you score that deal? I have been looking for some McNeils in Walnut. I love my AE Fifths and my next choice is a pair of Strand's also in walnut.
post #203 of 46883
Need some sizing help since there is no local source for AE shoes. Interested in getting a pair of PA in black. Anyhoo I'm an 8UK F in Loakes. What size should I go for?
post #204 of 46883
I posted this in another thread, but I just discovered that it's time for another resole on my favorite AEs. This will be the fourth. They just keep going.
post #205 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezero View Post
Need some sizing help since there is no local source for AE shoes. Interested in getting a pair of PA in black. Anyhoo I'm an 8UK F in Loakes. What size should I go for?
see post on prior page http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=184
post #206 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by granjamo View Post

8.5D
post #207 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezero View Post
Need some sizing help since there is no local source for AE shoes.
Interested in getting a pair of PA in black.

Anyhoo I'm an
8UK F in Loakes.
What size should I go for?

8.5 D
post #208 of 46883
Just got my Hinsdales and shell Bradleys. Love the Hinsdales but not sure about the Bradleys. Might throw them up on B&S before sending them back and see if I can pass along a good deal to another SFer. They are seconds, but any defects are minor.
post #209 of 46883
What is the difference between the 2 Townley's?
7511 Townley Ls Black Calf\t
7521 Townley Ls Brown Burnished\t

One is black, and the other brown, but what is Calf and burnished?
post #210 of 46883
Quote:
Originally Posted by commie View Post
What is the difference between the 2 Townley's?
7511 Townley Ls Black Calf\t
7521 Townley Ls Brown Burnished\t

One is black, and the other brown, but what is Calf and burnished?

Both are calf. The burnished means the leather is rubbed with an "antiquing" look. It will have some depth and light color variation from shoe to shoe. Kind of like stained wood, but not so drastic on the grain. The black will be a uniform black over the entire shoe.

I have some burnished brown Hinsdales as an example.

Chris
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread