Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1282
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I just purchased snuff suede players and was looking for a spray to use. Thx for suggesting the above product. I was almost going to order a saphir repelant spray. How often do you apply it?
You should use waterproof spray on suede shoes. I don't own any AE suede shoes but I use waterproof spray on my Alden and Carmina suede shoes regularly. The spray doesn't change the feel of the suede at all in my experience.
I just purchased a pair of Townley's in Brown Shell from the Jefferson store. Total price shipped was $258. Looking forward to getting them here next week. Im also thinking og getting the patriot loafers in Brown Shell. I've been wanting the Alden LHS version forever but you can't find it in Cigar or Ravello and even I could they would be $700+ while the patriots in shell are around $360. Anyone know how these fit?
I found my 9D shell Patriots to fit about the same as my 8.5D pair of Brooks Brothers/Alden shell LHS. The Patriots started out a bit tighter across the instep, but after a few wears it now feels pretty close to the LHS.
My current AE shoes and RL by AE - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strands, Players, Fift St
Mora, Fift Ave, Grayson
Singleton , Saunders
Slaton Black, Slaton Burnished tan, Sanderson
I see many gentlemen are stripping down their cordovan shoes and trying to achieve a high shine from the leather. I always took cordovan leather to be used on more casually styled shoes. Wouldn't the high shine be going against the grain? I tend just to keep my pairs clean with Venetian cream and let them take on a natural patina.
Obviously, it comes down to personal preferece. AE tends to really coat theirs with a lot of cream at the factory, and this heavy cream finish masks the shell in many cases. Once this is gone, it is easy to keep a nice shine with brushing.
Thanks! I have 4 pair in calf I think - though I am actively looking for replacements of 2 of them, the black tassel loafers shown, and my black calf Park Aves. I also have walnut grain Macneils and bourbon McAllisters.
Yes, the sport coat is from the same tailor - I have been happy with the suit, so I decided to get a couple coats, as most of my business meetings are done in a sport coat / blazer and slacks as opposed to a suit. I'll post up the other sport coat when I next wear it. The only problem is that these are eating into my shell cordovan budget!
jvc44 thanks for the PSA on the Townley's, they are great and at $300 for shell an unbelievable deal. However seeing how I suffer from AEAD - Allen Edmonds Acquisition Disorder it may cost me more like $1,000 when it is all done, provided things go well.
And I had the same thought as well..... With CXL Bayfield:
About a year ago someone posted a picture of a burgundy shell Bayfield that was custom made (top):
And doing some digging found a post on AAAC from Dec 2009 where the CEO of AE said: "We haven't planned to bring the Bayfield back in shell cordovan at this point." So it sounds like at one time the Bayfield was actually available in shell.
Black calf Bayfields fit me pretty well, slightly snug at the ball of the foot. My CXL Bayfields are tighter yet, and I can not wear heavier socks with them. Even with normal socks they are pretty snug across the ball of the foot. IF the Bayfield in shell was an option today I'd want to make sure they aren't too tight to wear with heavier wool socks. Shell can be and usually is a bit looser fitting than calf, but not always. I don't want to go up in size or width so much that I get heel slip. I am a 10D in the Bayfield and most of my shoes and boots. When I have tried a 10.5 in other footwear they are too long. Going to an E usually means heel slip. Not sure that would happen with a shell version of the Bayfield though because it is so sung to start with. Any thoughts on which size would be best?
As you know, I sized up in width for my CXL Bayfields, from 12D to 12E and am happy with the results after my first winter in them. If shell Bayfields were available, I would do the same. However, I will note that this is on my foot, which is right on the border between D and E width anyway. Good luck! Are you considering burgundy shell or brown shell Bayfields?
The question I've been asking for a year now... they are elusive, unless you are the right size and find an old pair bouncing around the AE retail shelves somewhere.
Great collection, thanks for sharing!
I have received my Bourbon McAllisers, Tap Sole today from the Anniversary sale. Nice shoes.
In back, you can see a 15 year old Fairhaven in Cognac (I think). The McAllisters fit very close, both are 11E. The Fairhavens are cracking, which is probably a result of my abuse and lack of caring for them over the years. Use your AE Conditioner and Cleaner! That stuff does wonders. I love how the colour aged and burnished over time.
Quick question on fit for balmorals.
Are the uppers supposed to be laced completely shut so the edges are together? My insteps are way too prominent for this to happen with any semblance of comfort.
I have seen photos of both, for example:
Clearly the first photo's fit looks a lot clearner, just wondering if the second photo's fit is a big no-no.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 36 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Post SF Tumblr's 4 minutes ago
- › CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED LEXUS 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)