Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/19/14 at 9:31am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1282
Styleforum Top Picks
I just purchased snuff suede players and was looking for a spray to use. Thx for suggesting the above product. I was almost going to order a saphir repelant spray. How often do you apply it?
You should use waterproof spray on suede shoes. I don't own any AE suede shoes but I use waterproof spray on my Alden and Carmina suede shoes regularly. The spray doesn't change the feel of the suede at all in my experience.
I just purchased a pair of Townley's in Brown Shell from the Jefferson store. Total price shipped was $258. Looking forward to getting them here next week. Im also thinking og getting the patriot loafers in Brown Shell. I've been wanting the Alden LHS version forever but you can't find it in Cigar or Ravello and even I could they would be $700+ while the patriots in shell are around $360. Anyone know how these fit?
I found my 9D shell Patriots to fit about the same as my 8.5D pair of Brooks Brothers/Alden shell LHS. The Patriots started out a bit tighter across the instep, but after a few wears it now feels pretty close to the LHS.
My current AE shoes and RL by AE - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strands, Players, Fift St
Mora, Fift Ave, Grayson
Singleton , Saunders
Slaton Black, Slaton Burnished tan, Sanderson
I see many gentlemen are stripping down their cordovan shoes and trying to achieve a high shine from the leather. I always took cordovan leather to be used on more casually styled shoes. Wouldn't the high shine be going against the grain? I tend just to keep my pairs clean with Venetian cream and let them take on a natural patina.
Obviously, it comes down to personal preferece. AE tends to really coat theirs with a lot of cream at the factory, and this heavy cream finish masks the shell in many cases. Once this is gone, it is easy to keep a nice shine with brushing.
Thanks! I have 4 pair in calf I think - though I am actively looking for replacements of 2 of them, the black tassel loafers shown, and my black calf Park Aves. I also have walnut grain Macneils and bourbon McAllisters.
Yes, the sport coat is from the same tailor - I have been happy with the suit, so I decided to get a couple coats, as most of my business meetings are done in a sport coat / blazer and slacks as opposed to a suit. I'll post up the other sport coat when I next wear it. The only problem is that these are eating into my shell cordovan budget!
jvc44 thanks for the PSA on the Townley's, they are great and at $300 for shell an unbelievable deal. However seeing how I suffer from AEAD - Allen Edmonds Acquisition Disorder it may cost me more like $1,000 when it is all done, provided things go well.
And I had the same thought as well..... With CXL Bayfield:
About a year ago someone posted a picture of a burgundy shell Bayfield that was custom made (top):
And doing some digging found a post on AAAC from Dec 2009 where the CEO of AE said: "We haven't planned to bring the Bayfield back in shell cordovan at this point." So it sounds like at one time the Bayfield was actually available in shell.
Black calf Bayfields fit me pretty well, slightly snug at the ball of the foot. My CXL Bayfields are tighter yet, and I can not wear heavier socks with them. Even with normal socks they are pretty snug across the ball of the foot. IF the Bayfield in shell was an option today I'd want to make sure they aren't too tight to wear with heavier wool socks. Shell can be and usually is a bit looser fitting than calf, but not always. I don't want to go up in size or width so much that I get heel slip. I am a 10D in the Bayfield and most of my shoes and boots. When I have tried a 10.5 in other footwear they are too long. Going to an E usually means heel slip. Not sure that would happen with a shell version of the Bayfield though because it is so sung to start with. Any thoughts on which size would be best?
As you know, I sized up in width for my CXL Bayfields, from 12D to 12E and am happy with the results after my first winter in them. If shell Bayfields were available, I would do the same. However, I will note that this is on my foot, which is right on the border between D and E width anyway. Good luck! Are you considering burgundy shell or brown shell Bayfields?
The question I've been asking for a year now... they are elusive, unless you are the right size and find an old pair bouncing around the AE retail shelves somewhere.
Great collection, thanks for sharing!
I have received my Bourbon McAllisers, Tap Sole today from the Anniversary sale. Nice shoes.
In back, you can see a 15 year old Fairhaven in Cognac (I think). The McAllisters fit very close, both are 11E. The Fairhavens are cracking, which is probably a result of my abuse and lack of caring for them over the years. Use your AE Conditioner and Cleaner! That stuff does wonders. I love how the colour aged and burnished over time.
Quick question on fit for balmorals.
Are the uppers supposed to be laced completely shut so the edges are together? My insteps are way too prominent for this to happen with any semblance of comfort.
I have seen photos of both, for example:
Clearly the first photo's fit looks a lot clearner, just wondering if the second photo's fit is a big no-no.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts 33 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2014 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Any thoughts on NYC's Beyond Bespoke 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › Cowboy boots 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Esk Cashmere, Knitwear from Scotland 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...