I bought my townley as part of 2 for $250 deal so basically I paid $125 for it. AE SA accidentally included 1st quality townley cordovan on list and AE honored my order. Great shoes. I take all of AE shoes TTS.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1244
Styleforum Top Picks
I would suggest either an 8 D, 8.5D or 8.5C...I don't know if they still make C widths, though.
If you're confident the 5 last fits you well and are ordering online my first guess would be an 8.5D. If you're not confident about your 5 last fit, try an 8D, as you might actually be a 7.5E on the 5 last.
Sorry. Quoted for awesomeness.
I just got off the phone with Rick. He just sold me the last 12 D. Thanks so much for letting me know!!
IMPORTANT: He only has D width.
I like that contrast! Personally I like the look. It is just plain wrong to read that it "It cooled down enough" though LOL.
I'm looking forward to finally being able to drain the gas out of the snowblower. Black calf Bayfields and matching dark outfit mourning yet another snow fall. Letting mother nature handle the contrast today:
I've a couple questions about the Park Ave shells.
a) Did AE always have PA shells available? I seem to recall looking at their shell cordovan collection a few months ago and not noticing them.
b) Any issues with PA shell? I was going to go with Carmina (I dislike Alden ), but if there aren't any problems with PA shell, I'd rather save the $400 dollars.
I think the shell PA have been out for close to a year now.
As to issues, some do not care for the short cap on the PA. I like it myself however. And the AE shell usually comes with a fair amount of cream on them. You can clean them up and get a pretty decent shine out of them with a little work. I have shell from AE, Alden, and C&J and feel in the end they are pretty much equal in all aspects. Carmina from the pictures I have seen usually has a very high shine. I wouldn't trade my black shell PA for them however:
SCORE! Thank you jvc44!
They had one more pair of 10D in stock when I called right before they opened. Rick said the phone was ringing off the hook already. sungmineyo thanks for posting pictures of yours, they look very much like Dark Cognac, ie: Horween #449. And they look very much like a shoe version of the Bayfield. If they would have been the Bayfield in #449 shell I would have walked to Ohio to get them!
Cold Iron, one of my next purchases will be the brown CXL Bayfields from Lands' End. I sure wish they still made them in black as well.
If you need a break from the snow, the Baton Rouge Blues Festival is tomorrow and the forecast calls for blue skies and mid 70's
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw