or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1241

post #18601 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Someone better jump on these! I see Cold Iron or Buckeye or someone else berating us all if these are around for too long!

BTW, the seller is an SF member.

 

Y'up, and the fact he has previously sold AE prototypes on EBay is what got me to wondering if this is on the horizon.

post #18602 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Y'up, and the fact he has previously sold AE prototypes on EBay is what got me to wondering if this is on the horizon.

Right. I had the same thought. Wasn't the shell Kenilworth a special makeup somewhere for a huge mark up - like in the $700 range?
post #18603 of 53444

Shell Kenilworth:  Y u no 10D?!?

post #18604 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

For any 8.5's out there:  $375 for a pair of new in the box burgundy shell Kenilworths that are the new AE burgundy shell color.  Very nice and makes me wonder if we are going to see a shell Kenilworth soon.  As a non-fan of the Leeds, this piques my curiosity.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-Kenilworth-Burgundy-Shell-Cordovan-Mens-Shoes-PTB-8-5-D-/271187350827?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f2406952b

 

Wow those are near perfect for a casual/ business casual shoe. If those were an E width and had a generous return policy, I mightve jumped. These and the custom makeup shell delrays posted earlier in this thread would render me helpless if they ever made it to general production (seconds of course tongue.gif)

post #18605 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Right. I had the same thought. Wasn't the shell Kenilworth a special makeup somewhere for a huge mark up - like in the $700 range?

Yeah, Freemans Sporting Club sells them for $780:

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/collections/footwear/products/ae-x-fsc-kenilworth

As an aside, I love the suede Macneil with the contrasting natural welt they have. I wish AE would offer something like that directly.
post #18606 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

For any 8.5's out there:  $375 for a pair of new in the box burgundy shell Kenilworths that are the new AE burgundy shell color.  Very nice and makes me wonder if we are going to see a shell Kenilworth soon.  As a non-fan of the Leeds, this piques my curiosity.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-Kenilworth-Burgundy-Shell-Cordovan-Mens-Shoes-PTB-8-5-D-/271187350827?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f2406952b

According to the auction details, this pair is from a cancelled special order. If they were production samples, they should be size 9D, so I don't think AE is necessarily offering shell Kenilworths in their catalog soon. I think they should though, as shell Kenilworths should be fairly popular, I'd think.
post #18607 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Some fun summer shoes that I picked up from the Jeffersonville AE outlet (and their unadvertised 20% off sale) on the way back from visiting relatives in OH last week. First shoe for me on the new 3 last.

 

I love this shoe. Can you get some pics of yours, please?

post #18608 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

I really, really like these Shell Kenilworths, but $780 is way out of my price range, and there aren't even half sizes. Am I wrong, or couldn't you get a custom made Shell Kenilworth in your exact size from AE for less than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

For any 8.5's out there:  $375 for a pair of new in the box burgundy shell Kenilworths that are the new AE burgundy shell color.  Very nice and makes me wonder if we are going to see a shell Kenilworth soon.  As a non-fan of the Leeds, this piques my curiosity.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-Kenilworth-Burgundy-Shell-Cordovan-Mens-Shoes-PTB-8-5-D-/271187350827?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f2406952b

 

I just jumped on these. I've been really admiring that Freemans Sporting Club pair for a while, so needless to say I'm quite excited. Thanks for the heads up!

 

BTW, I'm an 8.5D in the Strand, but the one 8.5D calf Kenilworth I tried on may've been a tad big for me. If these don't work out for me, I hope I can find them a home amongst you all.

post #18609 of 53444
That is a handsom shoe! Congrats! I'd love to see a black shell version.
post #18610 of 53444
That is a handsom shoe! Congrats! I'd love to see a black shell version.
post #18611 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

AppleMark

AppleMark
Thanks, GOP! 
So this was sent by postal mail....I thought it was an email blast so I was perturbed when the only received AE email was an invitation to meet the Knicks coach at the new 43rd St. store in Manhattan.
Edited by frank212 - 4/11/13 at 1:28pm
post #18612 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

 

+1 same here.  Just showing up in something that's shined, and not a square-toe, bicycle toe loafer with a rubber sole will put you in the top 10% here.  I actually had a business partner (who does the majority of interviewing of new candidates for our firm) comment one time that one of the candidates came in Allen Edmonds, so he must be a "hitter."  I smiled. 

 

We on this forum are in the (very) small minority.  


sarcasm.gifUh...wearing my waterproof corrected-grain bicycle-toe Rockports today in case it rains. Don't want water on my AEs and not interviewing.

At least they're shiny.

post #18613 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank212 View Post


sarcasm.gifUh...wearing my waterproof corrected-grain bicycle-toe Rockports today in case it rains. Don't want water on my AEs and not interviewing.

At least they're shiny.

post #18614 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank212 View Post

sarcasm.gif Uh...wearing my waterproof corrected-grain bicycle-toe Rockports today in case it rains. Don't want water on my AEs and not interviewing.
At least they're shiny.

Sounds like you need a nice pair of Horween leather shoes, any CXL or shell. Get yourself a pair of ankle boots made out of CXL, and you'll never have to worry about the rain and ahving to wear corrected-grain shoes again.
post #18615 of 53444
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

I just jumped on these. I've been really admiring that Freemans Sporting Club pair for a while, so needless to say I'm quite excited. Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I'm an 8.5D in the Strand, but the one 8.5D calf Kenilworth I tried on may've been a tad big for me. If these don't work out for me, I hope I can find them a home amongst you all.

Congrats! Shell Kenilworth was my dream for a while. I still love my shell leeds but sleeker ptb would be great addition.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread