Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 6:55 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1220
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I accidentally put the wrong color edge dressing (brown) on my walnut Strands. :-/
Anything I can do short of just waiting for them to wear down a bit and then re-applying the chili dressing? I don't hate the look of the brown, but it just irks me that I messed up the look of the shoe.
Renomat. That will solve all of your shoe polish/edge dressing problems. Ever.
Don't expect an uncomfortable shoe to become comfortable over time. It really has to start comfortable. The stretching that happens naturally will not be significant enough if the shoe is improperly sized. Definitely get a shoe sized to the larger foot and cope with some mild slippage with the smaller one.
PS: I'll be swinging by Downtown tomorrow to get my Daltons. ^.^
James at the downtown State Street store was very helpful. It seems that I have a wider foot than I thought so I was compensating on the left by getting a larger size. Instead we went from D to E width and down a half size (8 to 7.5) and I think I'm good to go. The 5 last is longer as has been mentioned several times in this thread so 7.5 seems to makes sense for me. Ideally if money weren't an issue I would get all of my shoes MTO and get a different size for each foot but that gets expensive. Now I wait until my new pair arrives.
I wouldn't say that you ruined them at all. AE puts a brown edge on some of their walnut-colored shoes, and it can look good (Shelton, MacNeil, etc.). The edge on their bourbon shoes is even darker, quite possibly black, and bourbon isn't that different from walnut. I'd say ride it out and just use lighter edge dressing in the future, but you could try giving them a quick wipe-down with some leather conditioner. That would probably remove a bit of the pigment from the edge dressing.
I say leave 'em. TheSizzle is right that bourbon comes with black edge dressing, and it looks nice. Actually, if you have pics, I'd love to see how they look.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 seconds ago
- › Good sunglasses $125 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 13 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Irish Linen Suit 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)