Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1203
Styleforum Top Picks
They are Meermin; Rui last.
AE 1 and 5 lasts 12D, good fit, but could not go any narrower
AE 8 last, 12D, a little too narrow and uncomfortable as my foot swells.
Meermin Rui last, 11UK, a pretty good fit, but wide enough that I wonder if I should have sized down another 1/2 size to a 10.5UK.
The Rui last is definitely wider than AE's 5 last and is pretty spot on for anyone who is on the border between a D and E width.
They look like bowling shoes. Goodyear welted, Made in the USA bowling shoes but still, bowling shoes.
That's a little strong, don't you think? They will be pretty hard to pull off without looking like you are trying really hard, but I don't think anyone will mistake them as bowling shoes!
If I remember correctly, you should be pretty safe to try on the Kenilworth (or any of the shoes that have had reported bowing issues) and see how they look and feel. If they look and feel good, take them home and do your indoor break-in method, wearing them for at least 3-4 sessions around your house for a few hours each (on different days). If they still look good and feel good, you should be in the clear. The bowing issue seems to be a problem from when they are new, rather than a problem that develops over time (assuming you are giving them proper care and keeping shoe trees in them). I'm strictly saying this from observation and from some data gathered from a previous question, so don't take that as gospel, but I posed the question some time ago, and all of the responses indicated that they purchased the shoes that way if I remember correctly.
Just got a new set of McAllisters in the mail directly from AE, and noticed what appears to be some deformities on the outer sides of the shoes. On the left shoe it has noticeable wrinkling in several areas (as if the leather was attached improperly or something), and on the right shoe there is a noticeable bulge in the leather. Attached are photos.
Is this normal, or should I send these back and ask for an exchange?
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet because this thread is quite long and I haven't read all the responses but it looks like in your second picture that the bottom strip is overlapping the top one and I'm not sure it's supposed to do that looking at other pictures of this shoe. I'm sure I'm not using the correct terminology but see my attachment and you'll know what I mean. That's probably causing the leather to not sit correctly in other areas of the shoe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - 24 May 2015 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan