Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 3/31/15 at 3:03am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1203
Styleforum Top Picks
They are Meermin; Rui last.
AE 1 and 5 lasts 12D, good fit, but could not go any narrower
AE 8 last, 12D, a little too narrow and uncomfortable as my foot swells.
Meermin Rui last, 11UK, a pretty good fit, but wide enough that I wonder if I should have sized down another 1/2 size to a 10.5UK.
The Rui last is definitely wider than AE's 5 last and is pretty spot on for anyone who is on the border between a D and E width.
They look like bowling shoes. Goodyear welted, Made in the USA bowling shoes but still, bowling shoes.
That's a little strong, don't you think? They will be pretty hard to pull off without looking like you are trying really hard, but I don't think anyone will mistake them as bowling shoes!
If I remember correctly, you should be pretty safe to try on the Kenilworth (or any of the shoes that have had reported bowing issues) and see how they look and feel. If they look and feel good, take them home and do your indoor break-in method, wearing them for at least 3-4 sessions around your house for a few hours each (on different days). If they still look good and feel good, you should be in the clear. The bowing issue seems to be a problem from when they are new, rather than a problem that develops over time (assuming you are giving them proper care and keeping shoe trees in them). I'm strictly saying this from observation and from some data gathered from a previous question, so don't take that as gospel, but I posed the question some time ago, and all of the responses indicated that they purchased the shoes that way if I remember correctly.
Just got a new set of McAllisters in the mail directly from AE, and noticed what appears to be some deformities on the outer sides of the shoes. On the left shoe it has noticeable wrinkling in several areas (as if the leather was attached improperly or something), and on the right shoe there is a noticeable bulge in the leather. Attached are photos.
Is this normal, or should I send these back and ask for an exchange?
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet because this thread is quite long and I haven't read all the responses but it looks like in your second picture that the bottom strip is overlapping the top one and I'm not sure it's supposed to do that looking at other pictures of this shoe. I'm sure I'm not using the correct terminology but see my attachment and you'll know what I mean. That's probably causing the leather to not sit correctly in other areas of the shoe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Where is luxury fashion coming from? 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 31 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/metabo-garcinia/ 33 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...