Is the Soles4Souls promotion eligible on factory second purchases? Has anyone tried it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/22/14 at 8:20pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1143
Styleforum Top Picks
Does anyone know of a shoe similar to Alden's longwing in the tobacco color?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love that shade of brown.
Any other options from AE or others in the < $300 price point?
What I've seen from AE and don't like:
- Walnut color is too light
- Burnished brown is too dark
- Haven't seen bourbon in person, but I'm guessing that it's a bit darker
- The MacNeil longwing from AE just doesn't have as nice of a shape as the Alden
I looked at Meermin's longwing, but the leather seems kind of boring and plastic looking in person, such as here: http://cdn.styleforum.net/a/a0/a0692875_IMG_0287.jpeg
Yes I think it is very close in color too. The Larchmont is offered in bourbon. But is on the 3 last and to me looks more like a modern Fast Frigate instead of a good old fashioned gunboat LWB. If the McNeil ever comes out in cappuccino shell I will be all over it.
Think of it this way, they were limited edition and likely never to be made again, to even find a pair that fit you at this point is rare. You will likely never see anyone else ever wearing them. And easily one of my favorite dress boots. In the winter I have even worn them twice a week I like them so much.
Resistance is futile.... Especially on SF where we are all here to enable help you.
A downward stroke of the brush seems to work most of the time. I also steal a mini q-tip from my baby's changing table sometimes. They sell swabs with a tiny tip for infants- but a toothpick would seem practical too!
Good news! Thanks!
EDIT: Just read the fine details on the program;
"Any brand of gently worn men's, women's or children's shoes can be donated. No purchase necessary to donate shoes. Offer must be redeemed at the time of donation. Offer not redeemable for cash. Limit one $35 discount per pair of Allen Edmonds purchased. Offer only redeemable on Allen Edmonds shoes. Offer not valid on previous purchases. Not redeemable with any other offer. Discount not eligible on belts or other accessories. Offer only valid at participating Allen Edmonds Retail Stores, Outlet Stores, allenedmonds.com and select authorized dealers. Offer valid2/22/13-3/10/13. Only valid on current factory-second shoes at Allen Edmonds Outlet Stores. Soles4Souls Inc. is a 501(c)(3) recognized by the IRS and donating parties are eligible for tax advantages."
Your shoe care regimen is simple and reasonable, and you should get well over a decade of service from them using this method. The reason that the polish in the broguing disappeared is because the moisture from the polish was absorbed into the leather, and the remaining residue contracted. The leather within each brogue hole needs to stay well hydrated because the full grain of the leather is exposed since the holes are created by a punch being driven through the full depth of the leather. People who try to avoid getting polish into the holes are doing a great disservice to their shoes. As the leather becomes better hydrated through subsequent polishings it will likely not disappear as readily because the fibers will be better nourished. Getting the polish out of the broguing isn't a big deal. If the holes are so clogged up that it becomes difficult, then too much polish is being applied. If the horsehair brush brush or stencil dauber won't get the excess out using a good brushing, then a quick swipe with a toothpick will take care of it.
This. I've never worried about getting polish out of the holes of my Strands.
Non Allen-Edmonds shoe, but this is interesting to me, and maybe to others here. Meermin just announced a new black captoe cordovan shoe. hm......:
Wow, those look quite nice. And they are only $416.00! Quite a bit cheaper than any AE or Alden Shell.
Actually, a little less, because you get to deduct VAT. Shipping to the US is 35 euro for up to 2 pairs.
I think they use Comipel instead of Horween shell. Lots of discussion in general on the Meermin board: http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-carmina-2nd-brand/4680#post_6199531
First brag on the thread. Called shoebank today, spoke to Nathan. Ended up getting 2 pairs of Patriot Shell (Burgundy +black) for $179/piece. He said once every few years they release some shell for a new product. He inspected them and sent them to me. Excited and will post some pics up once I recieve. Oh, and BTW there is one more pair of Shell patriots in brown (size 9 D) in case anyone wants them.
Thanks for this tip! I just snagged the pair in brown with some cordovan care cream. Burgundy would have been better, but for this price I couldn't pass it up. This will be my second pair of shell in a week! I couldn't use the Soles4Souls promotion, though. I guess after a certain markdown the promotion becomes invalid.
Quadcammer - is there a reason why you're so condescending and pretentious? I don't think I've read a single post of yours that wasn't either snarky or rude.
To add to discussion, I think having a multitude of brushes is a matter of personal choice and should not be considered "overkill" - some people like to be very meticulous when caring for their investments. I myself have two brushes, but I also only have two pairs of shoes. I do agree with you that two or three tops should be good, as similar shades should be fine with the same brush.
You know what some people might call overkill? 30+ pairs of shoes.
Cause I'm an asshole and I'm ok with it.
No, you said a brush each time you purchase a pair of shoes. Are you new? 30 pairs of dress shoes is nothing around here.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 6 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 53 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...