Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! HAPPY 2013 NEW YEAR SALE NOW! NEUMORA,... Last post on Today at 7:26 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:48am in Classic Menswear
- $100 shoe Last post on 2/17/13 at 5:17pm in Classic Menswear
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Shopping in Orange Co. CA. Last post on 1/19/13 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1139
I paid $199 each for a pair of shell cordovan McAllisters and McGraws at the Rack. $400 for $1200 worth of sales errrr shoes. Yes please. Will inquire in the near future to see what their inventory has now :)
I paid for $14.49 for my Lombards...
I've heard horror stories of people buying vintage shell shoes from thrift stores or eBay and having them crack because of a lack of care for however many years. Even though I can't see any cracks or major scratches in the uppers, I don't want that to happen. So having just bought these, I'm not sure if I should go ahead and condition them with Lexol or simply brush/buff them in order to have the shell secrete the vegetable tanning oils.
I am pretty sure Nick Horween has publicly advised against using Lexol on shell, but others, including myself, have used it to good effect. I picked up a pair of bone-dry aldens that were cracked in places and gave them a few doses of Lexol + brushing. Got a decent shine. Nowhere near the shine with reno, though.
short answer--if you don't have reno--go ahead and use your lexol.
Well I guess so. I got tiny discount for my 1st quality shell Leeds that I ordered week ago and I still thought it was good deal.
But $125 for pair of shell, I feel like bandit.
PoundSand, I ordered them right after they started sale and they charged my cc before they notify me shoe wasn't part of sale so I was just lucky this time.
From what I read from the original quoted post, I don't believe the shoes were shell cordovan. It is commonly mistaken for cordovan, which is a color that shoes can come in.
It looks like so far the soho is preferred, and the favorite color is bourbon. What I have from going through everything is:
Thanks again for arranging. Would anyone else be interested in getting the Soho with the more durable v-tread tap sole? I find it much more durable in the rain and snow - which is great for my Chicago winters!
This is going to be an en-mass spectator summer I can tell! Great job by AE to bring the classic look back!
My only pair (non-AE though) but maybe it can add to the momentum:
Wow - it honestly never would have occurred to me to make a shoe like this, but these look fantastic. I guess I don't watch enough 40's TV shows (is that even the right era?)!
Are these C&J?
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 31 seconds ago
- › Foo-partment furnishing 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE JUNE 21ST 2013 - ORG'S BOLD TIE CHALLENGE 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw