Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1106
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I was strongly considering/suggesting suede Strands a couple days ago, but this is nowhere near what I was suggesting. I was thinking either a snuff suede or chocolate suede strand with a natural sole/welt and discrete stitching. These look like something Cole Haan would pump out, and I don't say that in a complimentary manner. Maybe some people will like them, but, at first glance, they get no love from me.
Thanks for the replies on the Yumas. A 10D seems to be the consensus. I also called the customer service rep and they confirmed as well.
I have another question to throw out there. I have the Parkways in brown burnished calf and applied conditioner to them last night. I was planning on polishing but realized I only have dark brown. If I apply a thin coat of polish to the entire shoe will i lose the burnishing effect on the toe box where is it much darker than the rest of the shoe? Or would shoe cream not polish affect the color? Perhaps on the Parkways I need to just apply a neutral polish.
Sorry, new to shell and AE. When people talk about #8 are they referring to the burgundy variety seen here?
No. 8 is usually used when referring to Alden shell I believe. It is a burgundy color
Looking forward to this. I hope AE will offer pink suede belts, large brimmed hats (with feather included) and a diamond encrusted chalice to match... Thankfully this outfit is considered "business formal" for my line of work
Those were my exact thoughts upon seeing these. It's too bad, because otherwise the shoes look great. I love the natural welt against the brown suede, and I think AE should offer more dark brown shoes with contrasting welts in general. But that pink detailing...
What do yall think about these Fairfax's. Not sure about the stitching
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The shoes look nice although they appear too narrow for your feet. What stitching are you referring to?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 37 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Robert Talbott Carmel 40R 2 Btn Blazer Blue Gingham 14 minutes ago
- › Verify this item or seller 15 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)