Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1106
Styleforum Top Picks
I was strongly considering/suggesting suede Strands a couple days ago, but this is nowhere near what I was suggesting. I was thinking either a snuff suede or chocolate suede strand with a natural sole/welt and discrete stitching. These look like something Cole Haan would pump out, and I don't say that in a complimentary manner. Maybe some people will like them, but, at first glance, they get no love from me.
Thanks for the replies on the Yumas. A 10D seems to be the consensus. I also called the customer service rep and they confirmed as well.
I have another question to throw out there. I have the Parkways in brown burnished calf and applied conditioner to them last night. I was planning on polishing but realized I only have dark brown. If I apply a thin coat of polish to the entire shoe will i lose the burnishing effect on the toe box where is it much darker than the rest of the shoe? Or would shoe cream not polish affect the color? Perhaps on the Parkways I need to just apply a neutral polish.
Sorry, new to shell and AE. When people talk about #8 are they referring to the burgundy variety seen here?
No. 8 is usually used when referring to Alden shell I believe. It is a burgundy color
Looking forward to this. I hope AE will offer pink suede belts, large brimmed hats (with feather included) and a diamond encrusted chalice to match... Thankfully this outfit is considered "business formal" for my line of work
Those were my exact thoughts upon seeing these. It's too bad, because otherwise the shoes look great. I love the natural welt against the brown suede, and I think AE should offer more dark brown shoes with contrasting welts in general. But that pink detailing...
What do yall think about these Fairfax's. Not sure about the stitching
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The shoes look nice although they appear too narrow for your feet. What stitching are you referring to?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 second ago
- › Gitman Vintage Indigo Denim Shirt 49 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 52 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reading thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Eat. Bespoke. Love (my Italian trip report) 9 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...