or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1063

post #15931 of 46469

 ^ I don't know but Allen Edmonds HQ is having a sale.  They sent me a full spreadsheet of sale items in my sizes.

 

 Chocolate Daltons for $257

 Bworn Amoks for $99

 Walnut Kenilworths for $149

 

 FTW!

post #15932 of 46469
Happen to have my walnut Dalton's on today, with a pair of brown cords. hy3e3yny.jpg
post #15933 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

Ummm. What sale is this? President's day?

Sounds like he's just referring to the shoebank in general, not any particular sale they're having.
post #15934 of 46469

I assume $257 is for first quality Daltons? That price doesn't seem very attractive for seconds.

post #15935 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinitial View Post

 

Maiden voyage of the RL Saunders today. My pinky toes are killing!

 

I got mine in an 8E (wanted an 8.5D, but none in brown) and my pinky toes are quite cramped in them as well. Not sure if they are going to work out. I tried stretching them with an over-sized shoe tree for 2 nights to no avail. Been walking around the house with them quite a bit. In a few more days, if no relief, they will be going back...which would be a shame, as these are quite a steal for $130.

post #15936 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

I assume $257 is for first quality Daltons? That price doesn't seem very attractive for seconds.

Firsts are $395 so I'd say that's a fair discount for seconds.
post #15937 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

Ralph Lauren Sanderson today



Would you mind sharing what pants they are please? They look great with the shoes.
post #15938 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTropic View Post


Would you mind sharing what pants they are please? They look great with the shoes.

 

They are Land End Canvas, they are no longer available on the website

 

RL Singleton today:

 

post #15939 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

 

I got mine in an 8E (wanted an 8.5D, but none in brown) and my pinky toes are quite cramped in them as well. Not sure if they are going to work out. I tried stretching them with an over-sized shoe tree for 2 nights to no avail. Been walking around the house with them quite a bit. In a few more days, if no relief, they will be going back...which would be a shame, as these are quite a steal for $130.

Yeah I am usually an 11 E and got a 11 D, and they are beautiful shoes. I am hoping with a few more heavy wears they will stretch out. I will report back.

post #15940 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

 

They are Land End Canvas, they are no longer available on the website

 

RL Singleton today:

 

I knew those pants looked familiar! They were tight as all hell on me and need to be returned. Really kicking myself for not picking up the singletons...

post #15941 of 46469

Today, let's rock some Brooks Brothers calf and linen wingtips... Why? Well, why not?

 

 

post #15942 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

Today, let's rock some Brooks Brothers calf and linen wingtips... Why? Well, why not?

 

 

 

Those are absolutely awsome looking shoes. nod[1].gif

post #15943 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

 

Those are absolutely awsome looking shoes. nod%5B1%5D.gif

 

Thanks... They definitely feel fantastic.

post #15944 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Thanks... They definitely feel fantastic.

Definitely unique looking shoes.... I guess I know whats next on my list for a casual summer shoe. What last are they on?

post #15945 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Definitely unique looking shoes.... I guess I know whats next on my list for a casual summer shoe. What last are they on?

 

They're on the 5-last, but because of the way they're put together (linen, different lacing style, different insole and thicker sole), they fit just a touch looser (around the ankle and over the top of your feet).

 

I think they're on the 4-last. I ordered the same size I usually order for 5-last shoes, and they feel extremely comfortable.

 

The only part I expect to need breaking in is the sole.

 

Also, since they have this lacing style, they can unlace quickly and I doubt anyone would need a shoe horn after the tongue moves out of the way (I didn't step on the heel at all).


Edited by TheSizzle - 2/24/13 at 9:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread