or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1051

post #15751 of 50928
I just wish the had the shoes I tried to order last week in stock. Sucks. I only wanted a pair of Park Avenues in an 10.5E at the sale price.
post #15752 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby34 View Post

I just wish the had the shoes I tried to order last week in stock. Sucks. I only wanted a pair of Park Avenues in an 10.5E at the sale price.


I think it's harder to come across the re-branded AEs (BB and RL) in anything but D width

post #15753 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


I think it's harder to come across the re-branded AEs (BB and RL) in anything but D width

I was under the impression the Park Avenues were AE branded. Atleast that what was explained to me from an AE retail location.
post #15754 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby34 View Post


I was under the impression the Park Avenues were AE branded. Atleast that what was explained to me from an AE retail location.

Some AE's are branded Brooks Brothers; some are branded AE for Brooks Brothers.  I think the Park Avenue falls into the latter category.

post #15755 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby34 View Post


I was under the impression the Park Avenues were AE branded. Atleast that what was explained to me from an AE retail location.


There are normal AE Park Aves and then there are BB Park Aves (rebranded).  The recent $130 sale was for the BB version.  I was saying that it seems you'd have better luck finding BB version in D width than you would any other width.

post #15756 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp906 View Post

Dude, no one cares what you think. This is the "Allen Edmonds appreciation thread". Go away.

beat it newb
post #15757 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp906 View Post

Dude, no one cares what you think. This is the "Allen Edmonds appreciation thread". Go away.

Wait, so we aren't allowed to say anything bad about AE in this thread? I think Quadcammer has a valid point about the cap-toe placement. He is hardly the only one to raise the issue.

post #15758 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Wait, so we aren't allowed to say anything bad about AE in this thread? I think Quadcammer has a valid point about the cap-toe placement. He is hardly the only one to raise the issue.

 

No, that's not the point.  Go back and read Quadcam's 1st comment about a newb who courageously posted a pic of his cap toe shoe.  I think that is what mp906 is getting at.  Of course, everyone should share their opinions.  But this (and the Alden thread) thread benefits from the most respectul and intelligent posters and I'd hate to see that change.

post #15759 of 50928
^ Did you read the first post on page 1?
post #15760 of 50928
Eloquent response. My point exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

beat it newb
post #15761 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

No, that's not the point.  Go back and read Quadcam's 1st comment about a newb who courageously posted a pic of his cap toe shoe.  I think that is what mp906 is getting at.  Of course, everyone should share their opinions.  But this (and the Alden thread) thread benefits from the most respectul and intelligent posters and I'd hate to see that change.

dude, stop. Courageously? We are not headed into combat. We are discussing dress shoes on an internet forum. There is precisely zero courage needed.

Nevertheless, the toe cap looks bad, I said as much. could it have been more delicate? sure...but we are all big boys here, no?
post #15762 of 50928
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Quick, everyone start posting about the need for AE to come out with dark brown shell Dalton's, an 8 last cap toe (with a well placed cap line), a functioning website, and better photo's of the shoes.

What am I missing?

 

1) Classic buck shoe (in fact, more suede options in general)

2) More 8-last options

3) Cap toe boot with a rubber sole (i.e. Bayfield)

4) A website for the shoebank where you can run searches for available models.

post #15763 of 50928

Oh, and happy Mardi Gras to you all cheers.gif

post #15764 of 50928
What are people's thoughts on the Franciscan? I remember seeing a while back that someone has seen it in person? I've been wanting a monk strap for a while, but I can't decide based off the one grainy picture I've see of it if it's worth pulling the trigger on or if I should wait for (and spend the extra money on) the monk from the Independence line.
post #15765 of 50928

I saw it at an AE store.  It was pretty ugly.  The toe is very boxy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread