or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1029

post #15421 of 48605

Do the Brooks Brothers AE Park Aves fit exactly the same as the standard type?

post #15422 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Thanks. They're pretty sweet, I must say.

 

I actually picked them up full price as a birthday present to myself last month.

 

Most of the AEs I've ever bought are firsts, mainly because I never really knew about seconds, and there isn't as much in my size as other, more common, ones (I wear a 7D).

 

As far as the jeans, they aren't bootcut. They're just straight Levi 514s, but I'm not very big (see shoe size above).

Well next time around you'll be ready bro.

I think I have the same exact pair. (T'was a gift)
You should def wear them with slimmer jeans. I say this because i've been putting together outfits for my strands which haven't even got here yet(!)
Can you tell I want 'em now?

post #15423 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

Lasalle in chili

 

 

Beautiful!  I have chili Delrays and they're some of my favorite shoes I own.  I always love wearing them with navy pants, it's probably their best look.  

post #15424 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexcellence View Post

Do the Brooks Brothers AE Park Aves fit exactly the same as the standard type?

I found them to be more rigid in the sole because of the poron insole and rubber tap soles vs the regular AEs. Same goes with lasalle vs delrays. Because the soles were less prone to flex in the regular walking motion, it caused some heel slip for me. Finishing seemed to be better than regular AEs though. Your mileage may vary.

post #15425 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

I found them to be more rigid in the sole because of the poron insole and rubber tap soles vs the regular AEs. Same goes with lasalle vs delrays. Because the soles were less prone to flex in the regular walking motion, it caused some heel slip for me. Finishing seemed to be better than regular AEs though. Your mileage may vary.


Would you say the same for the BB strand?
It too has poron instead of cork.

post #15426 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post


Would you say the same for the BB strand?
It too has poron instead of cork.

Yep, that was actually my frame of reference having owned both. I assumed it would be the same for the Park Ave

post #15427 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Well next time around you'll be ready bro.

I think I have the same exact pair. (T'was a gift)
You should def wear them with slimmer jeans. I say this because i've been putting together outfits for my strands which haven't even got here yet(!)
Can you tell I want 'em now?

 

You seriously do, man. I was so excited when these came that I posted a picture in here that day (about a month back). They're such a great color, and it's difficult to really capture them in a picture. I bet you'll love them.

 

And, you know I'll be ready (not like my AE collection is really lacking).

 

 

As far as the jeans... (Click to show)

 

As far as the jeans, in general, I agree with you, that slimmer is better, but this is where I feel comfortable. I wear size 29 jeans, and, overall, I'm pretty small. So, to get the taper you're suggesting, I'd need to wear pretty much skin-tight jeans, and there is no way I'm going that far. I think it's partially distorted by the scale of my small shoes too, but, in person, I think it comes across reasonably well (my confidence drops with tighter fits).

 

Summary: Thanks, but, in my book, skinny legs + skinny jeans = no-go.

 

post #15428 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post


Would you say the same for the BB strand?
It too has poron instead of cork.

 

Pretty sure both have cork midsoles.

post #15429 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

 

Pretty sure both have cork midsoles.


Nope. Spoke to the AE factory and store and both said the Brooks Bros versions had poron instead of cork and in addition also had a topy half sole.

post #15430 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post


Nope. Spoke to the AE factory and store and both said the Brooks Bros versions had poron instead of cork and in addition also had a topy half sole.

 

I believe you mean to say that it has poron instead of a leather insole. The midsole, or the section that would be visible upon removing the leather outsole (and sole guard), would still be cork. At least, that's how I heard it.

post #15431 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

I believe you mean to say that it has poron instead of a leather insole. The midsole, or the section that would be visible upon removing the leather outsole (and sole guard), would still be cork. At least, that's how I heard it.

That seems to be the consensus.  It is obvious from viewing the BB vs. AE shoes that the insole is different and I believe everything below that is the same, excepting the rubber topy on the BB.

post #15432 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

I believe you mean to say that it has poron instead of a leather insole. The midsole, or the section that would be visible upon removing the leather outsole (and sole guard), would still be cork. At least, that's how I heard it.

You know you might be right. I just called Adam from the outlet to ask about this but he didn't know..
Where did you get this info from?
If you're right it would only make me love the shoe that much more.

post #15433 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

You know you might be right. I just called Adam from the outlet to ask about this but he didn't know..
Where did you get this info from?
If you're right it would only make me love the shoe that much more.

 

I can't exactly pin down a source, but you could follow this line of thought...

 

-BB makes no mention of midsole, only the insole.

-AE offers the same shoe design from their website.

-AE allows you to customize the shoe by adding a combination sole like the BB version.

-AE allows you to customize the shoe by replacing the leather insole with poron like the BB version.

-AE constructs shoes with a cork midsole (applied hot).

-AE does not allow you to choose a different midsole, even if you call.

 

I think it would be odd to have a poron midsole, and I doubt AE modified their fabrication process to include one.

 

Also, if you search the internet for information on AE for BB shoes having cork midsoles, there will be plenty of references, including statements that the cork would mold to the wearer's foot (like the regular AE). 

post #15434 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post

I have a pair of Neumoks already, so I am pretty confident I got my sizing correct. I really like the ones I have. I ordered the red & white with a buff split reverse welt, and then a all football leather with a buff split reverse welt. Can't wait. Both of these will be fun to dress up a casual pair of jeans or chinos.

 

 

 

 

I was playing around with the idea of a solid football leather webgem just like yours too.  It's hard to envision how they'll turn out though from the modeling tools and resulting images the website uses.  I've still got a little while to decide. 

post #15435 of 48605

No each store has to order their own shoes.  They can access the entire companies inventory.  Then whatever store you call has to call another store to get the shoe you are looking for.  It does not matter what store you call anyone can help you.  Some think you have to call SB but in reality every store has to call each other to get your shoes for you.  SB gets a ton of calls and emails so you coudl try calling or emailing other stores if you need help.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread