Received my Brown Sanderson today. Just like my RL Illford seconds (purchased at $199, so for those buying at $130, you guys are very fortunate), I can't find the flaws that made them 2nd quality. There are slight scuffs on the sole of one shoe near the toe area but that seems inconsequential, especially when I plan to install toe plates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1022
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Just got the latest seconds list for 10D. There is now a pair of walnut shell Strands on it for $373.15
what other list do you have? they won't acct gift certs with 2nds do they? i have a $100 credit and would buy those in a heartbeat for $273 out of my pocket. do they tell you what is wrong with them?
They do accept gift cards at the outlets. I've tried using it with a shoebank order before
As I posted earlier, I've been shopping for a winter boot. I was considering the Long Branch, but I ended up going with a pair of Cheaney from England. Just got them today:
I decided my requirements were:
- For use in "urban" snow, slush and rain. i.e.: not looking for a serious hiking boot here
- Commando sole (tired of Dainite and wanted to try something different for snow)
- Goodyear welted
- Easy to get on and off
- Roomy last. This is really important to me, because I want to wear midweight wool socks with them, not dress socks
I'd actually starting thinking about this based on a Tricker's MTO boot that showed up in the Tricker's thread. I ended up browsing the Shoehealer website (Shoehealer is a Tricker's a supplier and is often mentioned on the Tricker's board), as well as a few other English shoe sellers. I ended up purchasing from Shoehealer.
First, on the boots. I was not thinking of getting a boot this tall, but after seeing and talking to Richard at Shoehealer, it seemed like an OK proposition. The speed hooks at the top really make the boot easy to get on and off. The leather is very nice, but thin. There is something about the leather used in British shoes that is different from US shoes, and I've found this to be fairly consistent. The leather is much softer and smoother, particularly the lining. However, while I think it is fine for what I will use these for, I don't think these would have enough support and heft for serious hiking, hunting, sports, etc.
They have a nice, wide toebox, so that in my "normal" size, they are big enough to wear with boot socks. I'm very pleased with the fit. Construction is Goodyear welted, with Veldshoen-type construction forward of the heels. Also very well finished.
I've not taken these out for a spin yet, but looking forward to the next snow!
BTW, these came in just under $400, including shipping. So these are very comparable in price to the AE Dalton, and a little more than the Long Branch. I think the Long Branch, in particular, uses slightly heavier and stiffer leather than these.
Here are a couple more pics, including the goodies that came with the boots. I cannot say enough about Richard at Shoehealer should anyone be interested in English boots or shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, here are some links for anyone interested:
Cheaney web page for these boots: http://www.cheaney.co.uk/country-leisure/125/cheaney-fiennes-country-boots-in-burgundy-grain
Shoehealer website: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/ (note: lock up your wallet before browsing the "Custom Made Tricker's Gallery"!)
$595. I think they are special order if you don't want brown.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Drop 7 "Nigel" Single Breasted Spring/Summer Suits,... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buttero Combat Boots 43.5 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › StyleForum Literati Appreciation Threak: Vaclava Krishna 15 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)