Received my Brown Sanderson today. Just like my RL Illford seconds (purchased at $199, so for those buying at $130, you guys are very fortunate), I can't find the flaws that made them 2nd quality. There are slight scuffs on the sole of one shoe near the toe area but that seems inconsequential, especially when I plan to install toe plates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1022
Styleforum Top Picks
Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Just got the latest seconds list for 10D. There is now a pair of walnut shell Strands on it for $373.15
what other list do you have? they won't acct gift certs with 2nds do they? i have a $100 credit and would buy those in a heartbeat for $273 out of my pocket. do they tell you what is wrong with them?
They do accept gift cards at the outlets. I've tried using it with a shoebank order before
As I posted earlier, I've been shopping for a winter boot. I was considering the Long Branch, but I ended up going with a pair of Cheaney from England. Just got them today:
I decided my requirements were:
- For use in "urban" snow, slush and rain. i.e.: not looking for a serious hiking boot here
- Commando sole (tired of Dainite and wanted to try something different for snow)
- Goodyear welted
- Easy to get on and off
- Roomy last. This is really important to me, because I want to wear midweight wool socks with them, not dress socks
I'd actually starting thinking about this based on a Tricker's MTO boot that showed up in the Tricker's thread. I ended up browsing the Shoehealer website (Shoehealer is a Tricker's a supplier and is often mentioned on the Tricker's board), as well as a few other English shoe sellers. I ended up purchasing from Shoehealer.
First, on the boots. I was not thinking of getting a boot this tall, but after seeing and talking to Richard at Shoehealer, it seemed like an OK proposition. The speed hooks at the top really make the boot easy to get on and off. The leather is very nice, but thin. There is something about the leather used in British shoes that is different from US shoes, and I've found this to be fairly consistent. The leather is much softer and smoother, particularly the lining. However, while I think it is fine for what I will use these for, I don't think these would have enough support and heft for serious hiking, hunting, sports, etc.
They have a nice, wide toebox, so that in my "normal" size, they are big enough to wear with boot socks. I'm very pleased with the fit. Construction is Goodyear welted, with Veldshoen-type construction forward of the heels. Also very well finished.
I've not taken these out for a spin yet, but looking forward to the next snow!
BTW, these came in just under $400, including shipping. So these are very comparable in price to the AE Dalton, and a little more than the Long Branch. I think the Long Branch, in particular, uses slightly heavier and stiffer leather than these.
Here are a couple more pics, including the goodies that came with the boots. I cannot say enough about Richard at Shoehealer should anyone be interested in English boots or shoes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, here are some links for anyone interested:
Cheaney web page for these boots: http://www.cheaney.co.uk/country-leisure/125/cheaney-fiennes-country-boots-in-burgundy-grain
Shoehealer website: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/ (note: lock up your wallet before browsing the "Custom Made Tricker's Gallery"!)
$595. I think they are special order if you don't want brown.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 18 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › This is particularly true when you are looking for quality skin... 6 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...