Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds ANNIVERSARY SALE!!!! Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 4/14/14 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1019
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I think they might even be finished to Independence standards. If not, very close. Definitely a stop up from regular AE, at least in firsts. Except that the ones I have seen do not use the bi-colored, beveled soles, as on the Independence. But I'll curious to see how yours are when you get them.
The Illford is the tan boot with the canvas sides? Someone here purchased those during the "great Jeffersonville boot riot of '12", a couple months ago. Nice pickup!
Found a pic of the boot from an ebay listing.
That's the one. The sales associate didn't even know about it but he was able to verify that the price was also $130.
On a side note, Adam at Shoebank 2 (the one at Galleria), is much more pleasant to deal with than the person who answers the phone at the other Shoebank location in Wisconsin. Extremely accomodating and knowledgeable.
What the heck? The list of seconds i got had the fifth streets at 299. Which is actually higher than the price of the new ones! When i called they said it was accurate too. Odd.
Anyway, i kinda went crazy and bought everything...
RL chukkas in black and tan
RL cap toe in black and tan
Probably wont keep all of them... but ive said that before.
Did I just buy a used/refurbished pair of Park Avenue's from amazon?
I recently purchased a pair of park avenues from amazon listed as new (I wanted to get two day shipping, so I ordered from amazon instead of the official website..anyone have any experience with amazon?). I got my shoes today, and I think that I may have received a used pair, or maybe they have slight imperfections because of Allen Edmonds manufacturing process. Please look at the photos and let me know what you guys think. I am contemplating returning these tomorrow. Whats bothering me is the front part of the shoe seems to be chipped a bit, and the soles at the bottom seem to be showing what it appears to be some wear. I just don't want to spend $340 on a refurbished pair, but if this is normal then I don't mind.
I remember you were trying to narrow down your choices, but what did you end up snagging?
I can't wait for a few of my recent orders to arrive this week.
Also, this thread needs more pictures. It's just too bad I don't have the Cold Iron backdrop.
For what it's worth, I have always admired Sandersons. The only reason I did not jump on them is that I've recently developed an illness where I prefer my longwings to be shell. Antibiotics don't seem to have any affect.
Also, regarding the Evanstons, keep an eye out on EBay for new old stock or a barely worn pair. I like the soft square shape/silhouette of the Evanston so much, it inspired me to purchase a pair of C&J on the 337 last for my black cap toe and Andrew Lock's benchgrade for my brown cap toe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 41 seconds ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best whole cut black oxford: G&G vs VASS vs St. Crespin 6 minutes ago
- › FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › First Suit - Sartorio Napoli vs Luigi Borrelli vs Isaia - Fit... 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw