Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1019
Styleforum Top Picks
I think they might even be finished to Independence standards. If not, very close. Definitely a stop up from regular AE, at least in firsts. Except that the ones I have seen do not use the bi-colored, beveled soles, as on the Independence. But I'll curious to see how yours are when you get them.
The Illford is the tan boot with the canvas sides? Someone here purchased those during the "great Jeffersonville boot riot of '12", a couple months ago. Nice pickup!
Found a pic of the boot from an ebay listing.
That's the one. The sales associate didn't even know about it but he was able to verify that the price was also $130.
On a side note, Adam at Shoebank 2 (the one at Galleria), is much more pleasant to deal with than the person who answers the phone at the other Shoebank location in Wisconsin. Extremely accomodating and knowledgeable.
What the heck? The list of seconds i got had the fifth streets at 299. Which is actually higher than the price of the new ones! When i called they said it was accurate too. Odd.
Anyway, i kinda went crazy and bought everything...
RL chukkas in black and tan
RL cap toe in black and tan
Probably wont keep all of them... but ive said that before.
Did I just buy a used/refurbished pair of Park Avenue's from amazon?
I recently purchased a pair of park avenues from amazon listed as new (I wanted to get two day shipping, so I ordered from amazon instead of the official website..anyone have any experience with amazon?). I got my shoes today, and I think that I may have received a used pair, or maybe they have slight imperfections because of Allen Edmonds manufacturing process. Please look at the photos and let me know what you guys think. I am contemplating returning these tomorrow. Whats bothering me is the front part of the shoe seems to be chipped a bit, and the soles at the bottom seem to be showing what it appears to be some wear. I just don't want to spend $340 on a refurbished pair, but if this is normal then I don't mind.
I remember you were trying to narrow down your choices, but what did you end up snagging?
I can't wait for a few of my recent orders to arrive this week.
Also, this thread needs more pictures. It's just too bad I don't have the Cold Iron backdrop.
For what it's worth, I have always admired Sandersons. The only reason I did not jump on them is that I've recently developed an illness where I prefer my longwings to be shell. Antibiotics don't seem to have any affect.
Also, regarding the Evanstons, keep an eye out on EBay for new old stock or a barely worn pair. I like the soft square shape/silhouette of the Evanston so much, it inspired me to purchase a pair of C&J on the 337 last for my black cap toe and Andrew Lock's benchgrade for my brown cap toe.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 38 seconds ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan