Thanks. I spent some time tonight sprucing them up. A little wipe down with a damp rag, a bunch of brushing and some buffing. Now they really glow, I finally understand people's love of cordovan
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on Today at 3:03 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 953
Styleforum Top Picks
I got the neutral McTavish and Cordovan MacNeil seconds I ordered last week. I don't see any issue with the MacNeil and the flaws with the McTavish were minor (to me). I applied three coats of neatsfoot oil to the McTavish and I think it looks even better having a little more contrast between the upper/welt and sole.
My meager collection of AE, I have tried to keep it versatile.
Needs a plain ol blucher. Perhaps the Leeds or Kenilworth.
Yeah! I was really hesitant at first, but I am really liking the walnut. It'll make a nice addition to my casual shoe collection (which is really just getting started)
Nordstroms is having their half yearly sale, decent shoe trees for $15. I have notices that the AE ones seem to hold the cedar aroma for a fair amount longer, so I say the $25 is worth it.
I'm not a fan of the Nordstrom shoe trees and have replaced all of them with the Woodlore trees on sale at the Rack ($12-15 or so) or AE shoe trees (made by Woodlore).
Looks like you are off to a great start!!! On a side note, are you sure that the shoe trees in your Park Avenues are fitting properly? Could they be too small? I mention it because the creases seem quite large given that they have trees inside them.
If you have a pair of shoe trees that have lost their aroma, take some sandpaper and rub it throughout the tree. This will expose new cedar smells. I'm not talking about removing a millimeter off the wood, but just enough to chalk up the old trees.
Nordstrom, Nordstrom rack, AE and Jos A Bank all sell Woodlore trees, there is no difference in quality, just full or split toe (and the name tag). If you want your trees to smell again you can use sand paper lightly around the entire tree, you don't need to remove much.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 19 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...