or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 95

post #1411 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life View Post

Quote:
The navy is also stunning and I hope to get those as well but I chose the brown because it's more versatile IMO.
I love the Players in Walnut leather but I think they are a Nordstroms exclusive.


Yeah those are my next pair, Nordstrom sale in July here I come!

 

Can they be had as seconds if they are exclusive to Nordstroms, or the outlet wont carry them?

post #1412 of 49435
where can you get dalton's for 149? and how long is the sale on for?

Also, how do they fit? I measure about 10 B-C (I don't want a tight toebox though) on the Brannock. I'd like to go out to my local AE store, but don't know if I'll have time.
post #1413 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

where can you get dalton's for 149? and how long is the sale on for?
Also, how do they fit? I measure about 10 B-C (I don't want a tight toebox though) on the Brannock. I'd like to go out to my local AE store, but don't know if I'll have time.

I got my Dalton's from the Shoe Bank on Black Friday for $149.
It might be worth an email or a phone call.

Maybe there's a Christmas sale coming up.
post #1414 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

where can you get dalton's for 149? and how long is the sale on for?
Also, how do they fit? I measure about 10 B-C (I don't want a tight toebox though) on the Brannock. I'd like to go out to my local AE store, but don't know if I'll have time.

I got my Dalton's from the Shoe Bank on Black Friday for $149.
It might be worth an email or a phone call.

Maybe there's a Christmas sale coming up.

i called the shoe bank and they said it's over and have to wait for the next sale. so far, they dunno what will be on the sale yet, so ur best bet is to call them and sign up on the email list from the shoe bank. so you get to know what the sale will be beforehand. If those Daltons come back to sale i'll definitely grab one.
post #1415 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

i called the shoe bank and they said it's over and have to wait for the next sale. so far, they dunno what will be on the sale yet, so ur best bet is to call them and sign up on the email list from the shoe bank. so you get to know what the sale will be beforehand. If those Daltons come back to sale i'll definitely grab one.

too bad... any comments on sizing though?
post #1416 of 49435
based on what i have read on the thread is that fits TTS.
post #1417 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

based on what i have read on the thread is that fits TTS.


Yep - that's been my experience.

post #1418 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsing View Post



Yeah those are my next pair, Nordstrom sale in July here I come!

 

Can they be had as seconds if they are exclusive to Nordstroms, or the outlet wont carry them?



Yes, exclusives for certain retailers are available as seconds from the Shoe Bank.  They sent me a list of available seconds during a sale last September and the list includes the players in walnut.

 

post #1419 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

i called the shoe bank and they said it's over and have to wait for the next sale. so far, they dunno what will be on the sale yet, so ur best bet is to call them and sign up on the email list from the shoe bank. so you get to know what the sale will be beforehand. If those Daltons come back to sale i'll definitely grab one.

too bad... any comments on sizing though?

I've got a near perfect fit with a 9.5C on a #5. I went with a 9D with the Dalton and while not as good (the don't hug my foot quite as well ) I am quite pleased with them.
post #1420 of 49435

I just received my (apparently) brand-new Ashburys which I bought on eBay for $50!

 

Out of curiosity: How are seconds indicated for rubber-soled shoes?  There is a visible scratch on the lining, but they're otherwise clean & clear (including soles). They are, however, slightly large at 10.5EEE;  I'm an 11EEE and wear a 10 EEE in AEs. :-/

 

 

post #1421 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsing View Post

Were they too far gone? Or they refused to?  Thats weird, because im pretty sure they should recraft any pair of Allen Edmonds, as long as they arent too ruined...
Were these seconds from an outlet?

 
The uppers were in great shape as were the lining/insole. No real obvious flaw really, but must have been the way the leather was cut or something. AE just refused to resole them. I picked them up from a consignment store so they were originally not mine to begin with. I sent them to B. Nelson who did a great job reworking them. I should have scraped off the "W" like somone mentioned. satisfied.gif
post #1422 of 49435
Just checked the AE website, they have all the Italian Collection loafers for $199! Is that some kind of mistake?! No live operator available to confirm... eek.gif
post #1423 of 49435

Just picked up these new Kenilworth's online for $185.. Spent an hour with some Kiwi last night.. So far I love them! photo.JPG

post #1424 of 49435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barroomheroes View Post

Just picked up these new Kenilworth's online for $185.. Spent an hour with some Kiwi last night.. So far I love them! 350x263px-LL-34ada953_photo.jpeg

Over exposed pic aside, looks like you have a nice shine on those. Good find, especially at that price! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1425 of 49435
Daltons are a bit wide, which is great for me. Im on the wider side of D and often E, and daltons fit a bit snug one one toe on my left foot, but otherwise perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread