or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 931

post #13951 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

The 333 is exceptionally long, yes.  My SA recommended going down in size.

The 9D was a bit too tight for me - the pinky toe was squeezed. The 9.5D was just a tad big, but OK. I think I would be a true 9.25D in the 333 last vs 9.5D in just about every other AE I own. So I opted for the "bit too big" figuring that's more manageable than "bit too small".

Chris
post #13952 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


The 9D was a bit too tight for me - the pinky toe was squeezed. The 9.5D was just a tad big, but OK. I think I would be a true 9.25D in the 333 last vs 9.5D in just about every other AE I own. So I opted for the "bit too big" figuring that's more manageable than "bit too small".
Chris

 

Did you try a 9E?

post #13953 of 47106
I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?
post #13954 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?

Start with the Leeds in Burgundy Shell.
post #13955 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

Did you try a 9E?

The heel was too wide on the 9E - a lot of slipping.

Chris
post #13956 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

My Christmas present - kind of. I got some cash for Christmas, so I quickly converted it to these. They have been at my local menswear/shoe store for a couple of months and I have been checking them out. So Christmas cash was a perfect fit.
I bring you my new Bourbon Flatirons.

Chris

Those look great, Chris; thanks for sharing and enjoy them.
post #13957 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Start with the Leeds in Burgundy Shell.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish they had a cigar color.
post #13958 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish they had a cigar color.



Slam there has been some talk about doing special order and one idea was a brown Leeds shell natural sole. I think that will be pretty close to cigar. Bucksfan was the one setting it up.
post #13959 of 47106
I have a custom made dark brown shell Leeds (with dark edging). It is fairly similar to Alden's cigar. A very nice shoe.
post #13960 of 47106
Bah.. I need some cordovan shoes
post #13961 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Anyone have the Fifth Street in black calf? I was searching for an example and found Horsey's collection with the Fifth Street in shell. Those look terrific (as does the whole collection).
Thinking of picking up the Fifth Street in black on clearance, as I think it fits nicely into my boot collection and also as a black shoe in general. My boots currently are:
- AS 87 last brown repello suede, Dainite sole
- Alden Indy brownish/reddish
- RL Lindrick shell
- Trickers "not Stow" acorn, Dainite sole
- Peal (C&J) burgundy cordovan, Dainite sole
- Wolverine 744

 

Very nice collection and I'm jealous of those Lindrick's, nice score. I have the 5th. St. in dark brown but would think the black calf would be very similar, and a very good boot in black. For black calf I have the Bayfield's. Another option would be the Dundee in black shell. I wear mine a lot more than I thought I would and they would fit in your collection nicely. I seldom wear black shoes or boots any more but find that I grab the black shell Dundee's first when I do. And wear them about once a week or so, just because I like them that much.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Start with the Leeds in Burgundy Shell.

 

Totally agree and it was my first footwear in shell. It works for everything from jeans to a suit, at least IMO.

post #13962 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Very nice collection and I'm jealous of those Lindrick's, nice score. I have the 5th. St. in dark brown but would think the black calf would be very similar, and a very good boot in black. For black calf I have the Bayfield's. Another option would be the Dundee in black shell. I wear mine a lot more than I thought I would and they would fit in your collection nicely. I seldom wear black shoes or boots any more but find that I grab the black shell Dundee's first when I do. And wear them about once a week or so, just because I like them that much.

I'll take a group pic once the C&J arrive. (If they do; Brooks Brothers' ordering/shipping is not the most organized.)
post #13963 of 47106
Just got the brown Hamptons in today. These shoes are stunning. I don't know why they didn't get more run. Maybe it's just a style you either love or hate.

This tag is sewn inside one of the shoes. Was this done for all shoes made this year?
post #13964 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

I'm looking for a plain toe blucher, maybe the model Leeds. Can anyone recommend a model and favorite color shoe that Allen Edmonds makes that fits the bill?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Start with the Leeds in Burgundy Shell.

 

I much prefer the look of the Kenilworth. I think the double sole of the Leeds just makes it look too bulky. Then again, it's not how tall it is that bothers me but rather how wide it is. What's the terminology for these different sole "profiles"?

 

Incidentally, I also much prefer the distinct pieces of leather between the quarters and the vamp of the Kenilworth. If there's any nomenclature describing that difference, I'd love to know it too.

post #13965 of 47106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Just got the brown Hamptons in today. These shoes are stunning. I don't know why they didn't get more run. Maybe it's just a style you either love or hate.
This tag is sewn inside one of the shoes. Was this done for all shoes made this year?

 

My black Fifth Streets & both Daltons don't have that tag.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread