or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 916

post #13726 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobecane View Post

Thanks for the responses. Seems a bit ridiculous to get the entire heel replaced. Do you think the cobbler would replace it with another "dovetail heel" or just a normal all black rubber heel that most Allen Edmonds shoes have?

Depends on how much you are willing to pay. The leather/dovetail combo will surely cost you more than the all rubber. You will also need to specify to the cobbler. If you are really particular you can also specify a JR dovetail heel replacement which is even more.
post #13727 of 46878

Bourbon Daltons & brown Fifth Streets

 

 

 

Bourbon Daltons next to Walnut Daltons

 

 

 

Walnut Daltons next to brown Long Branches

 

 

 

 
In case you couldn't tell, I prefer boots to shoes.  If they ever offer the Daltons in Black, Merlot or two-tone calf, I'm screwed.

Edited by Goldy - 12/19/12 at 6:04pm
post #13728 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Vinny here are my bourbon Mcallisters which I wore last week. They are simply awesome...

 

Very nice shoes clarks...I'm "jelly." I wish that they'd had my size.

post #13729 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Depends on how much you are willing to pay. The leather/dovetail combo will surely cost you more than the all rubber. You will also need to specify to the cobbler. If you are really particular you can also specify a JR dovetail heel replacement which is even more.

What is a JR dovetail heel? Also are there any advantages to having dovetail heels? I don't think I really care one way or the other for the heel
. However, I do really like the topy on the forefoot to prevent slipping.
post #13730 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Just got back from a business trip, past the Jeffersonville outlet.  I stopped in to try on a pair of Norwich in brown shell, (which were too big, but gorgeous), and burgundy shell Dalton boots (were the right size, but the defects that made them seconds were problems for me).  So, I ended up getting only a burgundy shell belt.  

Two PSAs:

If anyone is interested in size 9D truffle / cappuccino shell cordovan McAllisters, there is a pair there.  

Also, they had these shoes, made by AE for Wolverine.  All size 8D.  $159 I think. 


700

i wish we had outlets in canada...
post #13731 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Custom Shell Saddle Shoe update: 

I heard back from my contact(s) at AE and they agreed to do the custom shell saddle shoe for no additional charge over the regular shell shoe price, plus they'll throw in a pair of free shoe trees and free shipping.  This was assuming we could do 10 of these custom shell shoes.  It was unclear to me whether we all need to order the same exact shoe, or just reference some "deal code" to get the aforementioned pricing.  I will find that out.  

My initial thought is a traditional shell saddle shoe, with burgundy vamp and quarters, black shell "saddle" and "foxing," regular welt (not split/reverse), double-leather sole, and probably black sole edge.  J.R. soles (same as all other shell shoes).  
Like this: 

400




#2: a walnut shell vamp and quarters, burgundy shell (or maybe brown shell?) "saddle" and "foxing," regular welt, double-leather JR sole, and "natural" sole edge.  (this is all assuming availability of the walnut or some other lighter-color brown shell).  
Like this: 

400
 400
 400






#3: dark brown shell vamp and quarters, walnut "saddle" and "foxing", regular welt, natural sole edge, double-leather JR sole.  (again, assuming availability of walnut or some other lighter color shell)

400
  400




Thoughts?  Also, I'd like to know who's in, so we can let them know a minimum of X will be ordered... 


Anything new on group order. Was not sure what we decided on the color
post #13732 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post

Bourbon Daltons & brown Fifth Streets

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6176/img2012120900144.jpg[/IMG]

Bourbon Daltons next to Walnut Daltons

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img577/3656/img2012120900143.jpg[/IMG]

Walnut Daltons next to brown Long Branches


[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img441/1913/img20121009001241.jpg[/IMG]
 
In case you couldn't tell, I prefer boots to shoes.  If they ever offer the Daltons in Black, Merlot or two-tone calf, I'm screwed.


I couldn't get the links to work but the bourbon dalton is one pair I really regret not getting was hoping they would bring them back. I don't get on Facebook enough one day sell is to fast. I would loved to have seen your pictures
post #13733 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


Anything new on group order. Was not sure what we decided on the color

 

#2 has 5 votes, including the following people:

 

 

Me

polojock615

Cold Iron
Michael Haines
Soulful
 
I am checking into the details of walnut shell cordovan availability, ordering process, and timeline.  I will update this thread and each of the individuals who are interested (via PM) as soon as I have something definitive.  
 
post #13734 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobecane View Post


What is a JR dovetail heel? Also are there any advantages to having dovetail heels? I don't think I really care one way or the other for the heel
. However, I do really like the topy on the forefoot to prevent slipping.

JR is a company that specializes in leather soles.

 

Not sure if it is any cheaper, but there is probably an option for a regular combination heel. It lacks the dovetail aspect.

 

There is no advantage per se, other than aesthetics I suppose. If you are going to topy the forefoot, you might as well go with the full rubber heel.

post #13735 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


I couldn't get the links to work but the bourbon dalton is one pair I really regret not getting was hoping they would bring them back. I don't get on Facebook enough one day sell is to fast. I would loved to have seen your pictures

Try it now.

post #13736 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

Hello all,

I have a brand new pair of shell cordovan McGraw's for sale.  I'll be putting up a FS up, but wanted to post some pics in here first. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All details on the McGraw can be found on AE - http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF8904_1_40000000001_-1

Truffle (Cappuccino) Shell Cordovan
Size 10.5B
Comes with box and bags.

If you aren't familiar with the 4-234 last, I would say it fits like a 9.5D on the 3 last.  I just put these up against my Neumora's which are a 9.5D, and the length is near identical.  The width as well fit me perfect.

$400 OBO shipped continental US, certified shipping.


























Happy Holidays, buy something for yourself this time around, ha!  Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

JR

OK. enough people are doing this now that I am going to comment. Placing sales in the regular threads is against the rules. If someone reports this to a moderator, you will get banned. This belongs in the classifieds.

Now, you can link your ad in your signature, and people can see what you have for sale every time you post.
post #13737 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


OK. enough people are doing this now that I am going to comment. Placing sales in the regular threads is against the rules. If someone reports this to a moderator, you will get banned. This belongs in the classifieds.
Now, you can link your ad in your signature, and people can see what you have for sale every time you post.

 

+1

post #13738 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post

Bourbon Daltons & brown Fifth Streets

 

 

Bourbon Daltons next to Walnut Daltons

 

 

Walnut Daltons next to brown Long Branches

 

 

 
In case you couldn't tell, I prefer boots to shoes.  If they ever offer the Daltons in Black, Merlot or two-tone calf, I'm screwed.

 

I also prefer boots to shoes.  All my AE's and Aldens are boots except for a pair of walnut Strands.  And you might be screwed double-time.  Have you checked out the burgundy (sort of dark merlot) shell Daltons?  I have a pair and they are very nice.  I just find I don't wear them as much as my other boots as they're quite dressy imo.

post #13739 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

#2 has 5 votes, including the following people:


Me


polojock615

Cold Iron


Michael Haines


Soulful


 


I am checking into the details of walnut shell cordovan availability, ordering process, and timeline.  I will update this thread and each of the individuals who are interested (via PM) as soon as I have something definitive.  


 


I really appreciate all you are doing on this. I know it can be time consuming
post #13740 of 46878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post


 In case you couldn't tell, I prefer boots to shoes.  If they ever offer the Daltons in Black, Merlot or two-tone calf, I'm screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

I also prefer boots to shoes.  All my AE's and Aldens are boots except for a pair of walnut Strands.  And you might be screwed double-time.  Have you checked out the burgundy (sort of dark merlot) shell Daltons?  I have a pair and they are very nice.  I just find I don't wear them as much as my other boots as they're quite dressy imo.


“Wow, Schmidt, you’ve got so many boots.” - Winston
“You know who doesn’t have a lot of boots? Guys who aren’t getting laid on the reg’.” - Schmidt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread