or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 906

post #13576 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

5.5D Barries is probably like 5.5E Leeds, at least in my opinion.

Oh..Leydon 5.5E fit for me , but Barrie 5.5D too long for me , So i dont know which size for me...dozingoff.gif
post #13577 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Amsterdam bourbon for maiden voyage today:

I really like the color and the combo sole as well. Being 24, I don't really need the more classic leather sole and this combo sole just feels more comfortable. Maybe though I just need to wear leather soles longer for that to change. For $99 I'm really happy! happy.gif

 

Amazing for $99.  Hope they release this color officially.

post #13578 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Very nice!  I commented just the other day that the best AE captoes are all discontinued models (0 last Evanston and Soho and 8 last Niles and balmoral Clifton). 
I think most of us know the Cliftons, but man until I actually saw the Niles, I couldn't agree with you, but now that I own them totally agree.
post #13579 of 48713
AE is opening a store in Philly in 2013. It will be nice to have the full line up available for inspection.

http://philly.racked.com/archives/2012/12/12/allen-edmonds-suit-supply-coming-to-center-city-philadelphia.php
post #13580 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Amsterdam bourbon for maiden voyage today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


I really like the color and the combo sole as well. Being 24, I don't really need the more classic leather sole and this combo sole just feels more comfortable. Maybe though I just need to wear leather soles longer for that to change. For $99 I'm really happy! happy.gif

 

How on earth were they only $99?!?!  paint me jelly

post #13581 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Doesn't work that way with Amazon.  Your only option is to return this pair and purchase a new pair at whatever price it is selling for at the time.  I've returned AE's I purchased from Amazon and the return page was always very explicit that there are no exchanges - only returns.  As others have said, Amazon is really hit or miss with AE's.  I've gotten pairs that were clearly worn around the house for a few days (creases everywhere) and others that were perfect.  I usually roll the dice with Amazon if the price is good and then just return if it comes up snake eyes.

 

You actually can get a replacement at the same price if under "Reason for return" you choose "Defective/Does not work properly". I'm fine flagging them as that since they're not first quality. However, right now this is not an option for me since it says:

 

Why can't I get a replacement?
We can't offer a replacement for this item because it's out of stock. You're welcome to return the item for a refund.

 

I've done this in the past for another pair of AE from Amazon.

post #13582 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by iootong View Post

Oh..Leydon 5.5E fit for me , but Barrie 5.5D too long for me , So i dont know which size for me...dozingoff.gif

I apologize. I meant the following:

Leydon 5.5E
Barrie 5D maybe E
Leeds 5.5E
post #13583 of 48713
Any good sales on Walnut Strands?
post #13584 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

Any good sales on Walnut Strands?
I think Nordstrom will have them for $219 during Boxing Week? Can anyone corroborate? J
post #13585 of 48713

1000

 

Would like some opinions.  These are my new burgundy shell Daltons. I've seen #8/burgundy shell boots with an antique edge treatment and really liked the look.  The question --- do you think it would look funny if I sanded off the black edging and used some antique (maybe chili) sole edge dressing?  I was set on doing this before I got these boots but now I'm not so sure.  I know I won't be able to do the top where the welt actually is, so that would remain black.

 

I don't want to send them to say B.Nelson now to have them resoled with antique edging as they're so new.

 

I also have the J.Crew/Alden #8 PCT boots.  These pose the same problem but I wonder if they are a better candidate?

post #13586 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

1000


Would like some opinions.  These are my new burgundy shell Daltons. I've seen #8/burgundy shell boots with an antique edge treatment and really liked the look.  The question --- do you think it would look funny if I sanded off the black edging and used some antique (maybe chili) sole edge dressing?  I was set on doing this before I got these boots but now I'm not so sure.  I know I won't be able to do the top where the welt actually is, so that would remain black.

I don't want to send them to say B.Nelson now to have them resoled with antique edging as they're so new.

I also have the J.Crew/Alden #8 PCT boots.  These pose the same problem but I wonder if they are a better candidate?


Boot spell I have selfish reason but I vote you do the Dalton so I can see and copy
post #13587 of 48713
Shell question guys. I am about to get a pair of 744 wolverines that have some scuffs and minor scratches at one of the outlets and was wondering that will some brown shell polish how hard will it to buff out


Also any idea who made the 721 shell Wolverines
post #13588 of 48713
Finally received my cordovan Dundees:





It looks more like brown cordovan than truffle, but it still looks nice. All the details were as i asked, poron insole, natural outsole, level heels.
post #13589 of 48713
Just for kicks, Vinci's in the wild:



A bit of vamp creasing, but they fit spot on, and they take a good shine. Excuse the trouser shortness, i was taking my own picture shog[1].gif
post #13590 of 48713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Shell question guys. I am about to get a pair of 744 wolverines that have some scuffs and minor scratches at one of the outlets and was wondering that will some brown shell polish how hard will it to buff out
Also any idea who made the 721 shell Wolverines

I think you want to brush and buff the crap out of them first, before trying any polish. The natural oils will smooth out a lot of the scratches. But it takes a lot of elbow grease. Also, try rubbing your thumb over one of the spots to see how much difference it makes.

i am pretty sure the 721 were also made by AE.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread