or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 901

post #13501 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsmith4 View Post

Allen Edmonds Bayfield, they have a mini-lug rubber sole and heel.  Put a little waterproof treatment on there and you should be good to go.  You can call any one of the outlets and they can tell you if they have your size in any of the stores or warehouse.

I called an outlet and asked about boots in size 8B, (asked about both bayfield and dalton) but was told AE doesn't make any boots in size 8B at all. Can you guys confirm this? Rep said custom crafting would probably be available for $125 over retail, but that would put me in the $500 range, which is a bit steep for my tastes.
post #13502 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemazaa View Post


I called an outlet and asked about boots in size 8B, (asked about both bayfield and dalton) but was told AE doesn't make any boots in size 8B at all. Can you guys confirm this? Rep said custom crafting would probably be available for $125 over retail, but that would put me in the $500 range, which is a bit steep for my tastes.

I'm headed to pick my Allen Edmonds outlet this afternoon to pick up my new Bayfields, so I will ask while i'm there.

post #13503 of 43424
Guys I have noticed lately a bump in the insole like in the cork bed does go away after a few wears and a bit of pain. Is the a case of not spreading the cork foot bed better. Today is the first day for the Krause and man the left side is killing in the ball
post #13504 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Guys I have noticed lately a bump in the insole like in the cork bed does go away after a few wears and a bit of pain. Is the a case of not spreading the cork foot bed better. Today is the first day for the Krause and man the left side is killing in the ball

My footbeds are fine and I've worn the boots a couple of times already. I am noticing they are might be a hair big at size 11 even tho I wear an 11D on the 5 last.
post #13505 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Guys I have noticed lately a bump in the insole like in the cork bed does go away after a few wears and a bit of pain. Is the a case of not spreading the cork foot bed better. Today is the first day for the Krause and man the left side is killing in the ball

 

Yes, this is what is going on.  Sometimes the cork isn't perfectly even, and as it cools it may have some slight variance in thickness.  As long as it flattens out when the footbed conforms to your foot, I wouldn't worry about it.  This is another reason not to wear the shoes outside until you are sure that they are comfortable though. 

post #13506 of 43424

I was given a pair of used AE McAllisters and I figured I should start taking care of them. The leather feels like plastic. Is it due to a buildup of wax polish? I gave it a coat of Reno, but it didn't help much. Should I use the Renomat instead? TIA.

post #13507 of 43424
They could be corrected grain - in that case they will feel plasticky no matter what you do. They will hold up very well to almost anything, but look and feel plasticky. I imagine that's why AE went away from it. A pic might help.
post #13508 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Guys I have noticed lately a bump in the insole like in the cork bed does go away after a few wears and a bit of pain. Is the a case of not spreading the cork foot bed better. Today is the first day for the Krause and man the left side is killing in the ball

It may be a defect. I have had to return pairs to both AE and Alden for this exact problem.
post #13509 of 43424
Ordered Long Branches from Jay. Excellent value since I lucked out with firsts in tan. If you were looking for Long Branches, this is the time and Jay was really a pleasure to talk to.
post #13510 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Ordered Long Branches from Jay. Excellent value since I lucked out with firsts in tan. If you were looking for Long Branches, this is the time and Jay was really a pleasure to talk to.


I am tempted....

post #13511 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post

if theyre a size 13 maybe i can take em off your hands wink.gif

Why settle when AE has the exact size you want available. Send those 7.5Es over here!

Seriously... Track down the size you really want else you be kicking yourself later.
post #13512 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

It may be a defect. I have had to return pairs to both AE and Alden for this exact problem.

Oh I believe it's a defect but after few wears at least for me it goes away. My problem is recently its been happening allot to me. This year four pairs had that problem.
post #13513 of 43424
First time wearing Del Ray today:

post #13514 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

First time wearing Del Ray today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looks good!!! Which pair do you like more, the Del Ray or Clifton?

post #13515 of 43424
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post

Looks good!!! Which pair do you like more, the Del Ray or Clifton?

Both are versatile but probably the Clifton. Of course I like both though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread