I can give you my experience with Strand sizing. I just bought a Black and Walnut Calf pair. My feet measured right up to the line of size 10. The sales rep told me that the 5 last is a bit long so he would suggest I go with a Size 9.5. I put them on they felt felt great. Just to be sure I put on the size 9 and the size 10 and 9's were way too tight and 10's were way too big. So, from my experience I would say, that the Strand runs a 1/2 size off. If it matters I wear a size 9.5D in all Johnston and Murphy shoes and all Mezlan shoes. I measured 10, but 9.5 were perfect for me/
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 899
Styles mentioned in this thread:
thanks a bunch for that! on behalf of myself and AE we really appreciate how loyal you guys are to our brand and I'm honored to be dealing with you guys... seriously!
Thanks, and good to know. For belts I have always used AE Leather Lotion. Not too long ago I switched to Bickmore Bicks 4 which is identical, cheaper and easy to find at any tack shop or farm and fleet. It looks and behaves the same as AE leather lotion, it doesn't leave a residue and doesn't darken leather. I use it on my AE Wilbert's so as to not darken the contrast stitching, Filson bridle leather, and belts.
Like bucksfan said at first just wear them, and enjoy. After they need cleaning and conditioning for CXL I use hot water and saddle soap, and only fiebings glycerine saddle soap which is 100% glycerine. With CXL and chrome tanned leather I use a stiff nylon scrub brush, it will restore the short nap that exist on the surface of the CXL. Wait until they are completely dry and then treat with Reno which will restore the luster as good or even better than when new. Waterproofing will take that luster away somewhat, if you want to wear them as a dress boot you are done. That is how I do it and it has worked well for me. There are a lot of different ways of doing it but some IMO over do the use of too many products.
Glad to see Jay Clay mentioned using saddle soap for cleaning Daltons to remove old build up. Saddle soap seems to be a forbidden product on SF. Not all saddle soaps are created equal and 100% glycerine is pretty safe to say the least. Just make sure to use a sponge and not a brush on calf and finer leathers. I have not had to use saddle soap on my finer dress shoes but have used it on some more casual shoes, and all my hiking and hunting boots. And saddle soap is recommended by AE for cleaning\conditioning dublin leather like the McTavish and Krause.
I have worn my Gramercys about three times since I got them two weeks ago. The creasing that I have noticed can be somewhat seen in the first pic I took of them below.
Those light red crease lines in between the toe box and the vamp have now gotten significantly crease-ier. But, no creasing further up the toe box or anywhere else that I can really see.
The combination of the Dublin leather, reddish brown hue, and full wing makes for a killer casual Friday shoe. Glad I pulled the trigger!
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 51 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)