I can give you my experience with Strand sizing. I just bought a Black and Walnut Calf pair. My feet measured right up to the line of size 10. The sales rep told me that the 5 last is a bit long so he would suggest I go with a Size 9.5. I put them on they felt felt great. Just to be sure I put on the size 9 and the size 10 and 9's were way too tight and 10's were way too big. So, from my experience I would say, that the Strand runs a 1/2 size off. If it matters I wear a size 9.5D in all Johnston and Murphy shoes and all Mezlan shoes. I measured 10, but 9.5 were perfect for me/
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 5:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 899
Styleforum Top Picks
thanks a bunch for that! on behalf of myself and AE we really appreciate how loyal you guys are to our brand and I'm honored to be dealing with you guys... seriously!
Thanks, and good to know. For belts I have always used AE Leather Lotion. Not too long ago I switched to Bickmore Bicks 4 which is identical, cheaper and easy to find at any tack shop or farm and fleet. It looks and behaves the same as AE leather lotion, it doesn't leave a residue and doesn't darken leather. I use it on my AE Wilbert's so as to not darken the contrast stitching, Filson bridle leather, and belts.
Like bucksfan said at first just wear them, and enjoy. After they need cleaning and conditioning for CXL I use hot water and saddle soap, and only fiebings glycerine saddle soap which is 100% glycerine. With CXL and chrome tanned leather I use a stiff nylon scrub brush, it will restore the short nap that exist on the surface of the CXL. Wait until they are completely dry and then treat with Reno which will restore the luster as good or even better than when new. Waterproofing will take that luster away somewhat, if you want to wear them as a dress boot you are done. That is how I do it and it has worked well for me. There are a lot of different ways of doing it but some IMO over do the use of too many products.
Glad to see Jay Clay mentioned using saddle soap for cleaning Daltons to remove old build up. Saddle soap seems to be a forbidden product on SF. Not all saddle soaps are created equal and 100% glycerine is pretty safe to say the least. Just make sure to use a sponge and not a brush on calf and finer leathers. I have not had to use saddle soap on my finer dress shoes but have used it on some more casual shoes, and all my hiking and hunting boots. And saddle soap is recommended by AE for cleaning\conditioning dublin leather like the McTavish and Krause.
I have worn my Gramercys about three times since I got them two weeks ago. The creasing that I have noticed can be somewhat seen in the first pic I took of them below.
Those light red crease lines in between the toe box and the vamp have now gotten significantly crease-ier. But, no creasing further up the toe box or anywhere else that I can really see.
The combination of the Dublin leather, reddish brown hue, and full wing makes for a killer casual Friday shoe. Glad I pulled the trigger!
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 22 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 36 seconds ago
- › SUTOR MANTELLASSI SHOES MEGA BLOWOUT SALE! 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...