or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 868

post #13006 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post


What color wax

No color, just the clear wax.

post #13007 of 46928
Interesting article... But what's with the glass box around the shoes?

Maybe I should talk to my wife about storing my shoes like this...

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2012/11/allen-edmonds-opens-store-in-shanghai.html

113012_PaulGrangaardChina_Allen-Edmonds.jpg?v=1
post #13008 of 46928

Man they are on an absolute hot streak.  20% rev growth on top of last year...

post #13009 of 46928

I just purchased shoe trees from AE outlet in Jeffersonville they were $15.99.  Also picked up so discontinued polish and shoe care accessories fo $1.00.  They also have socks for $5.00.  Anyone interested I'd give them a call.

 
post #13010 of 46928

I call the AE Jeffersonvile Outlet they are all very helpful there.

post #13011 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonsh View Post

8.5 in tan coming my way!!!
How nice is the tan in this pic? top, middle boot. Thanks guys! What a steal! Kristle was so helpful and said she can't even tell if these really are factory seconds cause they look pristine. 


The only thing stopping me from picking up the Krause is that I just ordered a pair of Dundees and of the Wolverine 744, both in shell, and both seconds. A little crazy, I think, but they told me I can return them if they don't fit or I don't like them, so thought I'd buy now and decide later...

Hopefully the Krauses will be sold out by the time I get the others!
post #13012 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

Interesting article... But what's with the glass box around the shoes?
Maybe I should talk to my wife about storing my shoes like this...
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2012/11/allen-edmonds-opens-store-in-shanghai.html
113012_PaulGrangaardChina_Allen-Edmonds.jpg?v=1

What is the general consensus of Allen Edmonds in the Chinese market? Do they view them as a good quality shoe like they do in the states or a luxury brand like LV, prada, gucci and etc.
post #13013 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


The only thing stopping me from picking up the Krause is that I just ordered a pair of Dundees and of the Wolverine 744, both in shell, and both seconds. A little crazy, I think, but they told me I can return them if they don't fit or I don't like them, so thought I'd buy now and decide later...
Hopefully the Krauses will be sold out by the time I get the others!

 

Where do you guys get these boots from. I emailed the shoebank for a list of shoes in 10D/E and don't see any boots on there.

post #13014 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by khe86 View Post

Where do you guys get these boots from. I emailed the shoebank for a list of shoes in 10D/E and don't see any boots on there.

I called once and emailed once. But I asked for these specific boots, not a list of everything in my size. Maybe they don't think to add the boots to the list for some reason?
post #13015 of 46928

I'll email and call the shoebank again tomorrow when they open. Can you tell me which one is the RL boot in the picture? I googled Ralph Lauren llford and didn't come up with anything.

post #13016 of 46928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

^^ agree... let's please keep this on track and be civil. 

Back on track, here are a few other things I saw while at the outlet today.  (p.s. if anyone wants a 2 oz container of venetian shoe cream, they carry them at the Jeffersonville outlet.  $5 I think (?)  but I imagine free shipping if you're buying something.  I picked up a bottle to try.  

First,a couple AE for Wolverine boots.  (they don't have any shell seconds, I asked).





and, some interesting AE for wolverine shoes (they had a similar one, but with black grain leather rather than red, you can see it in the above picture):



Gray boots, as requested:

(they also had the other two brown colors in stock, in seconds)


Finally, some AE for Ralph Lauren boots.  Supposedly there are LOTS of these available, in most sizes.  I didn't ask the price.  I do like the eyelet rather than speedhook at the top.  



Lots of options if you're looking for unique boots. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khe86 View Post

I'll email and call the shoebank again tomorrow when they open. Can you tell me which one is the RL boot in the picture? I googled Ralph Lauren llford and didn't come up with anything.

I think the RL boot you are referring to is the last one here in bucksfan's post.
post #13017 of 46928

Thanks!

post #13018 of 46928
A store in China now but none in Canada!
post #13019 of 46928

Long Branch in grey, lace options for those interested; Bayfield added for comparison.

 

700

post #13020 of 46928
The price is great but I don't see myself wearing that grey boot. I will wait for a brown in 2nds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread