Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 3/20/15 at 6:47pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 855
Styleforum Top Picks
Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.
I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.
The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.
I have various shell PTBs: Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, vintage Hanover. All are sufficiently (indeed, very) comfortable, particularly after a break-in period. However, the AE shell Leeds - which I have in burgundy, brown, and black - wins the prize for most comfortable out of the box. And it's very tough to beat shell PTBs in the versatility category.
My most comfortable shoes are the 1 last as well. It almost seems custom made for my foot. In my experience, the 7 last is distinctively more confining in the toe area when compared to the 1 last. I have the Sanford (7 last) and love them, but my toes are much more snug in them.
The package should be insured, you all get your shoes. Contact them today.
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
How do you know that it was less than 30 minutes after delivery? Do you have a security camera but not a security fence?
This is both tragic and comical. I can picture the look on OP's face. Hopefully, he'll get some type of resolution.
Yeah, like i said, pretty gutting. There is at least one very slightly better dressed thief around my neighbourhood!
The tracking service says delivered at a specific time, I arrived home 30 minutes after that time. Maybe the delivery time is not accurate, but it is all the information I have. I've sent off some emails, but the initial indication is that since the postal service marked it as delivered, it is no longer their problem (which i understand). I am also usually very good at getting items delivered to my work, but fucked up this once. Ah well, live and learn.
The grey ones are on clearance on AE's site.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 20 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 21 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...