Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 855
Styleforum Top Picks
Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.
I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.
The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.
I have various shell PTBs: Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, vintage Hanover. All are sufficiently (indeed, very) comfortable, particularly after a break-in period. However, the AE shell Leeds - which I have in burgundy, brown, and black - wins the prize for most comfortable out of the box. And it's very tough to beat shell PTBs in the versatility category.
My most comfortable shoes are the 1 last as well. It almost seems custom made for my foot. In my experience, the 7 last is distinctively more confining in the toe area when compared to the 1 last. I have the Sanford (7 last) and love them, but my toes are much more snug in them.
The package should be insured, you all get your shoes. Contact them today.
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
How do you know that it was less than 30 minutes after delivery? Do you have a security camera but not a security fence?
This is both tragic and comical. I can picture the look on OP's face. Hopefully, he'll get some type of resolution.
Yeah, like i said, pretty gutting. There is at least one very slightly better dressed thief around my neighbourhood!
The tracking service says delivered at a specific time, I arrived home 30 minutes after that time. Maybe the delivery time is not accurate, but it is all the information I have. I've sent off some emails, but the initial indication is that since the postal service marked it as delivered, it is no longer their problem (which i understand). I am also usually very good at getting items delivered to my work, but fucked up this once. Ah well, live and learn.
The grey ones are on clearance on AE's site.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › APC Zipped Black Boots 19 seconds ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone still wear. 3 button sportscoats? 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 21 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth