Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/21/15 at 8:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 855
Styleforum Top Picks
Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.
I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.
The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.
I have various shell PTBs: Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, vintage Hanover. All are sufficiently (indeed, very) comfortable, particularly after a break-in period. However, the AE shell Leeds - which I have in burgundy, brown, and black - wins the prize for most comfortable out of the box. And it's very tough to beat shell PTBs in the versatility category.
My most comfortable shoes are the 1 last as well. It almost seems custom made for my foot. In my experience, the 7 last is distinctively more confining in the toe area when compared to the 1 last. I have the Sanford (7 last) and love them, but my toes are much more snug in them.
The package should be insured, you all get your shoes. Contact them today.
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
How do you know that it was less than 30 minutes after delivery? Do you have a security camera but not a security fence?
This is both tragic and comical. I can picture the look on OP's face. Hopefully, he'll get some type of resolution.
Yeah, like i said, pretty gutting. There is at least one very slightly better dressed thief around my neighbourhood!
The tracking service says delivered at a specific time, I arrived home 30 minutes after that time. Maybe the delivery time is not accurate, but it is all the information I have. I've sent off some emails, but the initial indication is that since the postal service marked it as delivered, it is no longer their problem (which i understand). I am also usually very good at getting items delivered to my work, but fucked up this once. Ah well, live and learn.
The grey ones are on clearance on AE's site.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell - Short Sleeve Sweatshirt - Grey - Large - NEW w/ tags 12 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 13 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...