Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 855
Styleforum Top Picks
Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.
I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.
The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.
I have various shell PTBs: Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, vintage Hanover. All are sufficiently (indeed, very) comfortable, particularly after a break-in period. However, the AE shell Leeds - which I have in burgundy, brown, and black - wins the prize for most comfortable out of the box. And it's very tough to beat shell PTBs in the versatility category.
My most comfortable shoes are the 1 last as well. It almost seems custom made for my foot. In my experience, the 7 last is distinctively more confining in the toe area when compared to the 1 last. I have the Sanford (7 last) and love them, but my toes are much more snug in them.
The package should be insured, you all get your shoes. Contact them today.
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
How do you know that it was less than 30 minutes after delivery? Do you have a security camera but not a security fence?
This is both tragic and comical. I can picture the look on OP's face. Hopefully, he'll get some type of resolution.
Yeah, like i said, pretty gutting. There is at least one very slightly better dressed thief around my neighbourhood!
The tracking service says delivered at a specific time, I arrived home 30 minutes after that time. Maybe the delivery time is not accurate, but it is all the information I have. I've sent off some emails, but the initial indication is that since the postal service marked it as delivered, it is no longer their problem (which i understand). I am also usually very good at getting items delivered to my work, but fucked up this once. Ah well, live and learn.
The grey ones are on clearance on AE's site.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Kiton Dress Shirt Quality 3 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 seconds ago
- › Sole Welting 13 seconds ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a first real suit in a sartorial wasteland 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...