Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 855
Styleforum Top Picks
Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.
I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.
The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.
I have various shell PTBs: Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, vintage Hanover. All are sufficiently (indeed, very) comfortable, particularly after a break-in period. However, the AE shell Leeds - which I have in burgundy, brown, and black - wins the prize for most comfortable out of the box. And it's very tough to beat shell PTBs in the versatility category.
My most comfortable shoes are the 1 last as well. It almost seems custom made for my foot. In my experience, the 7 last is distinctively more confining in the toe area when compared to the 1 last. I have the Sanford (7 last) and love them, but my toes are much more snug in them.
The package should be insured, you all get your shoes. Contact them today.
This is the worst thing i've ever heard. And almost unbelievable! (NOT saying I don't believe you - I DO!) Taking the box? Sure. OPENING THE BOX ON YOUR FRONT STEPS AND TAKING THE SHOES?? WHO DOES THAT??
How do you know that it was less than 30 minutes after delivery? Do you have a security camera but not a security fence?
This is both tragic and comical. I can picture the look on OP's face. Hopefully, he'll get some type of resolution.
Yeah, like i said, pretty gutting. There is at least one very slightly better dressed thief around my neighbourhood!
The tracking service says delivered at a specific time, I arrived home 30 minutes after that time. Maybe the delivery time is not accurate, but it is all the information I have. I've sent off some emails, but the initial indication is that since the postal service marked it as delivered, it is no longer their problem (which i understand). I am also usually very good at getting items delivered to my work, but fucked up this once. Ah well, live and learn.
The grey ones are on clearance on AE's site.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 seconds ago
- › WSJ on the "New" Berluti 12 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 19 seconds ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Perfect Double Breasted Blazer 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Clothes for short men? (under 5'8") 3 minutes ago
- › 2 size M Uniqlo Jackets MA1 and Mountain parka - brand New 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw