or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 800

post #11986 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

So my collection has evolved.  Here it is:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Black Auburn, Brown MacNeil, Brown CXL Bayfield, Chocolate Dalton, Walnut Shell Cordovan Dalton

Chili DelRay, White Orleans, Walnut Bel Air, Brown Hillcrest, Black Lexington, Black Leeds




Horseman, Black Wendell, Walnut Sanford, Black/White Broadstreet, Black McTavish, Red White & Blue McAllister

Burgundy Shell MacNeil, Brown Shell Strand, Burgundy Shell Leeds, Black Shell Park Avenue, Black Gator Birmingham, Black Gator Park Avenue





Black Sharskin Clifton, Black Sharksin Nassau, Brown/Linen Strawfut, Black MacNeil, Brown Pebble Leeds (on the 8 last), Dark Brown Clifton








And here are the shells!

What, no suede? smile.gif
post #11987 of 49952

On the AE website there is a button to click for a Veteran's Day Sale.  Clicking on it takes you nowhere...yet.  Has anybody heard what that's all about?

post #11988 of 49952

You have to put in your top-secret Veteran account id.

post #11989 of 49952

How does the Delray fit compared to something like the Strand?  I'm an 11B in the Strand (5 last) and the Delray is on the 8 last.

 

I'm thinking about picking up a pair in chili or dark brown.....any opinions on which is more versatile?  I wear a suit & tie every day.  I've got a pair of walnut Strands, walnut Daltons, a pair of J&M black cap toes, and a pair of J&M burgundy mid-wings.


Edited by evolved - 11/10/12 at 6:18am
post #11990 of 49952
Try getting the sole wet, then put the shoe trees in and let them dry out. They should reset themselves.
post #11991 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

How does the Delray fit compared to something like the Strand?  I'm an 11B in the Strand (5 last) and the Delray is on the 8 last.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair in chili or dark brown.....any opinions on which is more versatile?  I wear a suit & tie every day.  I've got a pair of walnut Strands, walnut Daltons, a pair of J&M black cap toes, and a pair of J&M burgundy mid-wings.

I have shoes on the 5 and 8 last and they are in the same size. The 8 last actually fits me better though as it isn't as long as the 5 last. Therefore I personally get a more snug fit with the 8 last.

I would go with brown delray, they are on my wish list for the next sale. Also you already have a few walnut shoes and no brown.
post #11992 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


I have shoes on the 5 and 8 last and they are in the same size. The 8 last actually fits me better though as it isn't as long as the 5 last. Therefore I personally get a more snug fit with the 8 last.
I would go with brown delray, they are on my wish list for the next sale. Also you already have a few walnut shoes and no brown.


I haven't seen chili in person.....is it close to walnut?  I have a pair of brown CXL Bayfields, but those aren't exactly "at home" with a suit and tie.

post #11993 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

How does the Delray fit compared to something like the Strand?  I'm an 11B in the Strand (5 last) and the Delray is on the 8 last.

 

I'm thinking about picking up a pair in chili or dark brown.....any opinions on which is more versatile?  I wear a suit & tie every day.  I've got a pair of walnut Strands, walnut Daltons, a pair of J&M black cap toes, and a pair of J&M burgundy mid-wings.

I wear 9.5E in Strand and 10D in Delray.  Chili is one of my favorite colors - brown base, and very reddish.  I'd say they're equally versatile.

post #11994 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

How does the Delray fit compared to something like the Strand?  I'm an 11B in the Strand (5 last) and the Delray is on the 8 last.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair in chili or dark brown.....any opinions on which is more versatile?  I wear a suit & tie every day.  I've got a pair of walnut Strands, walnut Daltons, a pair of J&M black cap toes, and a pair of J&M burgundy mid-wings.

Dark brown almost always more versatile than Chili, Walnut, etc

J
post #11995 of 49952

Hey guys, what do you think about the Lubbock? Was looking to buy something that would go good with jeans/chinos.

 

Since its on sale and the price seems right, should I pull the trigger?

post #11996 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


I haven't seen chili in person.....is it close to walnut?  I have a pair of brown CXL Bayfields, but those aren't exactly "at home" with a suit and tie.

 

The chili isn't anywhere near the shade of walnut.  It is more of a middle ground between burgundy and brown.  Perhaps think of your brown CXL's and add some red.  The pictures online are accurate enough. 

post #11997 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahabir View Post

Hey guys, what do you think about the Lubbock? Was looking to buy something that would go good with jeans/chinos.

 

Since its on sale and the price seems right, should I pull the trigger?

Absolutely, buy them.  I love mine.  But I have to warn that they do run kind of narrow compared to other AE shoes.  

post #11998 of 49952

What are everyone's thoughts about the new bourbon color with navy?  I'm thinking the bourbon strands with a navy suit...worried that it's too "in the middle" of a color vs say...walnut or chocolate brown

post #11999 of 49952
I like walnut with navy...so anything darker is good to go
post #12000 of 49952
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post

Absolutely, buy them.  I love mine.  But I have to warn that they do run kind of narrow compared to other AE shoes.  

 

How narrow? I have a 11 D Strand that fits perfect, but that is my only experience with AE

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread