or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 759

post #11371 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Jason, how did you find them for $117? The best I found was $143 and when I checked for my size they were $334......

My size happened to be on sale for $143 ten I got 20% off for signing up for getting email alerts on shoes.
post #11372 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

McAllister is very slightly less formal is my guess. They both are heavily brogued but captoe is typically more formal than a wingtip

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. I might eventually have the walnut Strand and McAllister bourbon in my rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

My Amsterdam (Bourbon McAllister) arrived today, much to my surprise since I didn't expect them for another few weeks. First impression is very positive. The color is certainly unique. I like the new combination tap sole very much. Will post pics later

Is the Amsterdam a LE model or something? It's not on the AE website.
post #11373 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

All these pics inspired me to post my own collection. Left to right:
Lombard
Montgomery
Delray
Strand
Strand
MacNeil
Delray
McClain
Bit better pics this time

post #11374 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Is the Amsterdam a LE model or something? It's not on the AE website.

 

The Amsterdams were sold here for a limited time. They seem to just be a different name for Bourbon McAllisters.

post #11375 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


Thanks, yeah that makes sense. I might eventually have the walnut Strand and McAllister bourbon in my rotation.
Is the Amsterdam a LE model or something? It's not on the AE website.

The Amsterdam was a special order via UrbanDaddy. I think AE will eventually offer it, not sure when though. It's pretty much a Bourbon McAllister.

post #11376 of 48603
Could someone remind me of the groupthink on the new 333 last?

For the 5 last I already size down from my normal 10.5 E to a 10 EE. Do I need to make another adjustment for the 333, or is the 5 last sizing going to be the same.

Probably a moot point, as I haven't noticed many 2E widths on it, so I'll have to experiment between E and EEE, but thought I'd ask.
post #11377 of 48603
A request: does anyone have pics of Neumoras in the wild they could post?

J
post #11378 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluripotent View Post

No one bought the new grey Park Avenues? I was very interested to see how these looked on someone. I also had an idea that they might look good to layer in some blue shoe polish, giving them a slight blue sheen, especially on the cap-toe. Sound interesting or no?

I actually had a pair on order, with the intent of using some blue polish on them just as you mentioned. I went to pick them up when they arrived at the AE store and thought they looked great color wise. But I wasn't quite ready to take them home. (Honestly, I ended up getting a pair of walnut McClains on closeout and a pair of Ashbury boots in the new saddle leather. ) But while there, I tried on the Parkway in the grey and actually liked it better than the Park Avenue in grey. That will be one of my next purchases.

So, I am looking at getting the Parkway in grey, the Larchmont in bourbon, and the Haight in brown. That should close out my AE collection for the foreseeable future.

My current AE collection:
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz319/wgiceman/P1010310.jpg
Edited by wgiceman - 10/21/12 at 6:36pm
post #11379 of 48603
I've noticed most people on this site don't use heel taps for their AEs. Not a good idea in general?
post #11380 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgiceman View Post


I actually had a pair on order, with the intent of using some blue polish on them just as you mentioned. I went to pick them up when they arrived at the AE store and thought they looked great color wise. But I wasn't quite ready to take them home. (Honestly, I ended up getting a pair of walnut McClains on closeout and a pair of Ashbury boots in the new saddle leather. ) But while there, I tried on the Parkway in the grey and actually liked it better than the Park Avenue in grey. That will be one of my next purchases.
So, I am looking at getting the Parkway in grey, the Larchmont in bourbon, and the Haight in brown. That should close out my AE collection for the foreseeable future.
My current AE collection:
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz319/wgiceman/P1010310.jpg

Great looking collection! Must've taken you a good 1/2 hour to take them all out and line them up.... now only to put them back again tounge.gif. Very envious

post #11381 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Great looking collection! Must've taken you a good 1/2 hour to take them all out and line them up.... now only to put them back again tounge.gif . Very envious

My wife has banished me to using the closet in the secondary bedroom. So, I use the entire room as my room. I oftentimes take out several pairs to clean and polish them all during the same sitting. It's my own form of aromatherapy. smile.gif
post #11382 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgiceman View Post

My wife has banished me to using the closet in the secondary bedroom. So, I use the entire room as my room. I oftentimes take out several pairs to clean and polish them all during the same sitting. It's my own form of aromatherapy. smile.gif

Get shoe racks and go vertical - it takes up much less space and at least creates the illusion you have fewer pairs than if they are all spread out on ground level. biggrin.gif
post #11383 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Get shoe racks and go vertical - it takes up much less space and at least creates the illusion you have fewer pairs than if they are all spread out on ground level. biggrin.gif

I keep them in their respective boxes, stacked on the upper shelves of the closet. They are behind closed doors, too. If no one sees them, then they don''t exist!!! nod[1].gif
post #11384 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgiceman View Post

I keep them in their respective boxes, stacked on the upper shelves of the closet. They are behind closed doors, too. If no one sees them, then they don''t exist!!! nod[1].gif

Any interesting concept, even if deceptive. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #11385 of 48603
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgiceman View Post

I keep them in their respective boxes, stacked on the upper shelves of the closet. They are behind closed doors, too. If no one sees them, then they don''t exist!!! nod[1].gif

Any interesting concept, even if deceptive. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


A man can easily double the cost of his AE collection by not being discreet. Or triple.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread