Those look great. Nice winter weather boot!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 738
Styleforum Top Picks
Further, will the difference between full and split toes really have a substantial effect on the shoes? There's nothing wrong with this, but I've noticed people appear to be becoming more and more concerned with things that aren't really all that important. Just wear, take care, and be happy!
I have had experience with both as well. I have to say that I prefer the full toe trees on my AE models. I think that there is a misconception that the tree has to fill up every last bit of the shoe. It doesn't. It just needs to take up the majority of the space, be large enough to straighten out the shoe and keep it from bowing up, and smooth out the creases on the toe. My experience with the combination trees is that they are a bit more finnicky and sometimes don't fully expand within the shoe, which isn't a problem with the full toe trees. I remember someone saying that they didn't think the full toe trees are not as good with 7 lasted shoes as well, but they seem great on my Sanfords.
I find it just be very shoe-specific as to which trees fit best, assuming you're not getting lasted trees designed for that exact shoe. I like the full toe trees, but sometimes they won't fit. And the split-toes are finicky, as well. So I've ended up with an assortment.
My experience has been that split-toes are good for loafers, as they are usually narrower, and boots, as I often can't get the full toe trees to fit. But I like to use the full toe trees when I can.
Better to have trees than no trees. And I think don't sweat exact fit too much, as long as you aren't damaging the shoes with them.
The Strand, Kenilworth, Larchmont, Flatiron, and Neumora in bourbon calf become available starting tomorrow according to the AE Fall supplement catalog. Not sure if that date will still hold, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new bourbon color looks in the wild! Might just have to get a new pair of Strand's or Larchmont's.
Mario, I'm glad you threw this out there. I think all this talk and asking for advice about sizing and stretching in general is mostly nonsense and probably leading people in a bad direction.
People should get their feet properly measured and default to that shoe size, unless recommended specifically by the manufacturer (e.g..: this last always runs 1/2 small). If you have to mess around with the sizing, then the shoe is just not right for your foot. Sizing up or down in length or width just creates other problems. This is one of the reasons AE makes different lasts - to accommodate different foot types.
And if CXL stretched so much as to change the sizing, do you think reputable manufactures like AE would be using it, or at least not giving out advice?
Seriously, all these gyrations are way out of hand. They will only lead people to trouble.
the sizing advice given by SF Affiliate Oak Street Bootmakers for their CXL shoes says to account for a fair bit of stretching due to the leather.
Today is your lucky day!
Wow, should have been careful what I wished for. There goes my money in the next sale.
How are the combination soles?
I've only worn the LB's once but I can tell you that they are extremely comfortable (expectedly more than the leather-soled Daltons) and I know that I will get great use out of them. Keep them!
I have the combination sole on my Cronmoks and I prefer it over the leather sole because they are much more durable in wet weather. If I'm ever caught in the rain in my leather soled AEs without my Swims, I can always count on the water seeping through the leather outsole and into the insole. I at least feel a bit more protected with the combination tap sole.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Two horrible experiences with Mr. Porter 1 minute ago
- › WTB Alden Ravello Toe Cap Boots 9D 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dutch Auction for one custom title - 100% of proceeds to benefit... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Bespoken - Shirts, size medium, new without tags 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: M.A+ FW MEDIUM FIT PANTS sz 44 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...