or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 736

post #11026 of 53291
Send the Dalton webgem back so that one of us can buy it as a second! biggrin.gif
post #11027 of 53291
Sorry was trying to post my last reply on my iPad and did not do so well. Yes the bourbon strand is calf. So I guess I'm trying to decide on going that direction for new and diffrent color and save a few colors or just get the brown shell strand
post #11028 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

Sorry was trying to post my last reply on my iPad and did not do so well. Yes the bourbon strand is calf. So I guess I'm trying to decide on going that direction for new and diffrent color and save a few colors or just get the brown shell strand

Get the brown shell Strands. It's one of the most attractive models AE makes, and it is shell. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #11029 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Get the brown shell Strands. It's one of the most attractive models AE makes, and it is shell. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I don't own them -- I have them in walnut calf -- but I agree.
post #11030 of 53291
thinkin 'bout pulling the trigger on a pair of Bayfields. how does the sizing work in terms of the 8 last? 10D in the 8 last = 10D in Bayfield?

also: i've seen a lot of you guys say that the Bayfields run narrow. you guys know that CXL is well-known for stretching a lot, right?
post #11031 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

you guys know that CXL is well-known for stretching a lot, right?

 

This is getting so blown out of proportion lately. They will not magically stretch a half-size. That is bullshit.

post #11032 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

This is getting so blown out of proportion lately. They will not magically stretch a half-size. That is bullshit.

+1 WTF?
post #11033 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

This is getting so blown out of proportion lately. They will not magically stretch a half-size. That is bullshit.

I agree.
post #11034 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

thinkin 'bout pulling the trigger on a pair of Bayfields. how does the sizing work in terms of the 8 last? 10D in the 8 last = 10D in Bayfield?
also: i've seen a lot of you guys say that the Bayfields run narrow. you guys know that CXL is well-known for stretching a lot, right?

I had the Bayfields in a D, needed an E. They did not stretch at all in the width.

On my Indy boots, the lacing has gotten a little bit closer, but that's it.
post #11035 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

This is getting so blown out of proportion lately. They will not magically stretch a half-size. That is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post

+1 WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

I agree.

Mario, I'm glad you threw this out there. I think all this talk and asking for advice about sizing and stretching in general is mostly nonsense and probably leading people in a bad direction.

People should get their feet properly measured and default to that shoe size, unless recommended specifically by the manufacturer (e.g..: this last always runs 1/2 small). If you have to mess around with the sizing, then the shoe is just not right for your foot. Sizing up or down in length or width just creates other problems. This is one of the reasons AE makes different lasts - to accommodate different foot types.

And if CXL stretched so much as to change the sizing, do you think reputable manufactures like AE would be using it, or at least not giving out advice?

Seriously, all these gyrations are way out of hand. They will only lead people to trouble.
post #11036 of 53291

You guys got me all scared that the Bayfields are gonna be too narrow cry.gif

post #11037 of 53291
Chromexcel stretches a bit, not so much that it changes the size of the shoe much. But it does wrinkle and crease more than calf or shell cordovan, which can give the appearance of being "stretched out". It is clearly suited for more casual use.
post #11038 of 53291

Do you guys use shoe trees in your Dalton or other boots?  I cant really get mine in.

post #11039 of 53291
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

Do you guys use shoe trees in your Dalton or other boots?  I cant really get mine in.

Always. On my boots I use combination trees because they happen to fit a little better. Depending on shoe size, tree size, shoe last, and tree design, your trees for normal shoes may or may not work for your Daltons; might have to size down on the trees.
post #11040 of 53291
Just curious for those who own suedes. Found some old stock AE suedes at the lock Rack, but they have a semi noticeable bald spot. It's small but the white bald spot kinda pops out amongst the brown suede. Is there a way to touch it up so that it blends in better with the brown?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread