or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 722

post #10816 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

^ Very nice, mine should be arriving today

Mine too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #10817 of 47276

Can you guys post your thoughts on the Patriot fit when you get it?  I got mine in but sizing was odd.  Granted, I have a large foot (typically 15D), but it just did not fit well.  The toe box was roomy and even a bit too long.  The mid-shoe was very tight.  Heel seems right on which is usually the problem.  I had the store order a 14E and 14EEE.  Hopefully one of those will work better.

post #10818 of 47276

Can you guys post your thoughts on the Patriot fit when you get it?  I got mine in but sizing was odd.  Granted, I have a large foot (typically 15D), but it just did not fit well.  The toe box was roomy and even a bit too long.  The mid-shoe was very tight.  Heel seems right on which is usually the problem.  I had the store order a 14E and 14EEE.  Hopefully one of those will work better.

post #10819 of 47276

My Cronmoks should be arriving today as well.

Do I need different shoe trees or could I use the standard shoe trees?

post #10820 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigg View Post

My Cronmoks should be arriving today as well.

Do I need different shoe trees or could I use the standard shoe trees?

 

I use my AE full toe shoe trees in my Cronmoks.  They work great.

post #10821 of 47276
Ditto
post #10822 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

I use my AE full toe shoe trees in my Cronmoks.  They work great.


Thanks!

post #10823 of 47276
1) What are the usual Black Friday, Christmas sales for AE in the years past?

2) Have we figured out why bowing occurs? Is there any solution to this?
post #10824 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

1) What are the usual Black Friday, Christmas sales for AE in the years past?
2) Have we figured out why bowing occurs? Is there any solution to this?

 

There was a good sale on seconds for boots last year.  Amazon also had a great 40% off (or something like that) on all AE's.  I picked up my Malverns last Black Friday for $180.

 

Bowing appears to be due to a  number of reasons, including fit, construction defect, amount of time the shoe sat on a shelf, etc.  Way too complicated to summarize.

post #10825 of 47276

doctor damage, shoes look really nice! congrats on the purchase

post #10826 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


For me:
AE PA - 9D
Alden Bal - 9.5D
But some wear the same size.
I am TTS 9.5D.

 

Thank you!

post #10827 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

There was a good sale on seconds for boots last year.  Amazon also had a great 40% off (or something like that) on all AE's.  I picked up my Malverns last Black Friday for $180.

Bowing appears to be due to a  number of reasons, including fit, construction defect, amount of time the shoe sat on a shelf, etc.  Way too complicated to summarize.

Thanks. The fit still feels good so I'm not worrying much about it.
post #10828 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post

Can you guys post your thoughts on the Patriot fit when you get it?  I got mine in but sizing was odd.  Granted, I have a large foot (typically 15D), but it just did not fit well.  The toe box was roomy and even a bit too long.  The mid-shoe was very tight.  Heel seems right on which is usually the problem.  I had the store order a 14E and 14EEE.  Hopefully one of those will work better.


My initial thought is that they're too loose. I typically wear an 8D and went with 8D so I'll either go narrow or shorter. Thoughts?

post #10829 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigg View Post

My Cronmoks should be arriving today as well.

Do I need different shoe trees or could I use the standard shoe trees?

 

I don't have Cronmoks, but I use AE full toe trees in my Bayfield, Dalton and Fifth Street boots, and they work great.  Cronmok should be the same.

post #10830 of 47276
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Get the brown shell Strands. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

You guys can be pretty persuasive. But I guess i will hold out for the strands! I'll get a pair of black park avenues to replace my eccos in the future.

 

That chili hale looks stunning! I'll add it to my list!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread