or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 718

post #10756 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

I thought there was a rubber soled version of the fifth street boot, did they discontinue it?
Does anyone have any recommendations for a rubber soled boot in the MC category, I do not like the long branch or eagle county. It does not have to be AE.

 

The AE Aberdeen may be a good choice for you.

post #10757 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejson View Post

That is correct.  I have 5 racks and there isn't very much space, but as bucksfan said you could buy
the extenders to give more room in between the racks.

Here is a quick pic of 2 racks stacked together that I have for reference:


Thanks for the pic.  A bit hard to see the 2nd row/rack (maybe it's just me?)  Can you place a shoe on the 2nd row for reference?  Thanks.

yes you can but there isn't much space between the first and second rack.
post #10758 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectson View Post

I guess I'm the only person that still keeps Shoes in the Original Shoe boxes?

Yes you are.
post #10759 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

I thought there was a rubber soled version of the fifth street boot, did they discontinue it?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a rubber soled boot in the MC category, I do not like the long branch or eagle county. It does not have to be AE.

The AE Aberdeen may be a good choice for you.

Thanks for the suggestions but I want a boot because I will be wearing it when it rains/snows.
post #10760 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectson View Post

I guess I'm the only person that still keeps Shoes in the Original Shoe boxes?

You are not alone. I keep all my shoes in their original box in the flannel bags with shoe trees in them.

Here are some of my AE's


Chris
post #10761 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post


Thanks for the suggestions but I want a boot because I will be it when it rains/snows.

 

Lands' End still offers the Bayfield which has a rubber sole: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-allen-edmonds-bayfield-captoe-boots~228873_-1.html.  You may even be able to snag this boot as a 2nd from the Shoe Bank.

 

Another option is To Boot New York's Kilburn.  It was on sale for $250 during Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale in August.

 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/to-boot-new-york-kilburn-boot/3172950?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1047

post #10762 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


You are not alone. I keep all my shoes in their original box in the flannel bags with shoe trees in them.
Here are some of my AE's

Chris

Looks like my closet as well, tags out so I can what they are

post #10763 of 48501
Wasn't someone advertising on B&S that they wanted to buy Edward Green shoe boxes at one point?
post #10764 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


You are not alone. I keep all my shoes in their original box in the flannel bags with shoe trees in them.
Here are some of my AE's

Chris

 

Do you let them air out (with trees in) before putting them in flannel bags and boxes?

post #10765 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

You are not alone. I keep all my shoes in their original box in the flannel bags with shoe trees in them.
Here are some of my AE's

Chris

Geez! That looks quite terrible and would lake me way too long to get ready in the morning. These are AE after all--which grated are great shoes but cost about as much as a nice dinner and I wouldn't cry if something happened to them. The only shoes I keep in the the box are my tux shoes as they are new and have never been worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Wasn't someone advertising on B&S that they wanted to buy Edward Green shoe boxes at one point?

I have 5 or 6 EG boxes that I have yet to throw away.
post #10766 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Do you let them air out (with trees in) before putting them in flannel bags and boxes?

Yes, usually about 4 hours - take them off and put shoe trees in when I get home from work, box them up before going to bed.

Chris
post #10767 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post


Geez! That looks quite terrible and would lake me way too long to get ready in the morning. These are AE after all--which grated are great shoes but cost about as much as a nice dinner and I wouldn't cry if something happened to them. The only shoes I keep in the the box are my tux shoes as they are new and have never been worn.
I have 5 or 6 EG boxes that I have yet to throw away.

 

I think you're on a roll for new AE slogans.  Last week:  AE -Great rainy day shoes for when you don't want to wear your nice shoes.   This week:  AE - They're great shoes and all, but only cost as much as a nice dinner and won't make you cry if they get ruined.  rotflmao.gif

post #10768 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I think you're on a roll for new AE slogans.  Last week:  AE -Great rainy day shoes for when you don't want to wear your nice shoes.   This week:  AE - They're great shoes and all, but only cost as much as a nice dinner and won't make you cry if they get ruined.  rotflmao.gif

Do you disagree with any of these statements? I don't see your point.
post #10769 of 48501
Patek is classic on SF, and under protection, if I recall correctly smile.gif
post #10770 of 48501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post


Do you disagree with any of these statements? I don't see your point.

 

It all depends on your perspective.  The answer is no if you have the cash to drop $500-plus on shoes.  The answer is yes if coming up with $250 for AE's is a major expenditure and buying your first pair of nice shoes is a source of pride and accomplishment (as it is for many in this thread).

 

Patek:  the humor lies in your obliviousness to the second group's perspective, not to the truth or merit of your statement as it relates to you.  I know you meant no ill will, and I have none towards you. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread