Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Today at 5:50 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 715
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I also have those hopefully on their way soon. I have read the customer reviews extensively on the allen edmonds site, and many have had a similar problem. Some people had some luck changing the laces to others that are a bit more like the ones on some of their dress shoes. Seems like the leather treatment would be the cheaper, and possibly more aesthetically pleasing option. good luck
I recently got the Norwich during the sale and it's a little tight/uncomfortable around the ball of the foot. Does this area stretch out? I have a size 9E in the Norwich and I wear a size 9E in the Park Avenue. Would you guys recommend sizing up? 9EE or 9.5D?
Also does the squeaking on the Norwich go away? It's a little disappointing to pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes to have this kind of problem...
I went up a width in my Norwich... 8.5D to 8.5E. The fit was much better a width up.
As for the squeaking, using some Reno or other conditioning product across the tongue should make it go away over time.
Mine squeaked for a couple of weeks until I worked enough lubrication into the area.
The Norwich are easily one of the best plain toe shoes in my opinion... would love to get the brown shells but can't justify it since I purchased the burnish brown calf.
Also, don't forget that you may have to resort to using a bit of talcum powder if the squeak is coming from the tongue area. Allen Edmonds actually has a few responses about this in their Q&A section on some shoes. They consider it a "normal" occurence since there is a texture difference between the leather upper on the tongue and the leather lining. They say that when two different types of leather come in contact, squeaking may result. I have a pair of Sanfords that have a sqeak to them, and after trying to eliminate it by rubbing in extra conditioner and polish it still wouldn't go away. After carefully examining them, I noticed that there is a slight up-turn in the top beading on the corner of the tongue on my right shoe. I think it is the slight bowing up of the top beading that is creating the extra contact and thus causing the sqeak. I'm gonna try some talcum powder next time I wear them to see if it does the trick.
The shoes are nice. The little dumbbell in the corner = lol.
Edited by VinnyMac - 10/7/12 at 10:35pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 4 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mackintosh Outerwear 5 minutes ago
- › Topman Suit sizing? 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)