Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 5:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 715
Styleforum Top Picks
I also have those hopefully on their way soon. I have read the customer reviews extensively on the allen edmonds site, and many have had a similar problem. Some people had some luck changing the laces to others that are a bit more like the ones on some of their dress shoes. Seems like the leather treatment would be the cheaper, and possibly more aesthetically pleasing option. good luck
I recently got the Norwich during the sale and it's a little tight/uncomfortable around the ball of the foot. Does this area stretch out? I have a size 9E in the Norwich and I wear a size 9E in the Park Avenue. Would you guys recommend sizing up? 9EE or 9.5D?
Also does the squeaking on the Norwich go away? It's a little disappointing to pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes to have this kind of problem...
I went up a width in my Norwich... 8.5D to 8.5E. The fit was much better a width up.
As for the squeaking, using some Reno or other conditioning product across the tongue should make it go away over time.
Mine squeaked for a couple of weeks until I worked enough lubrication into the area.
The Norwich are easily one of the best plain toe shoes in my opinion... would love to get the brown shells but can't justify it since I purchased the burnish brown calf.
Also, don't forget that you may have to resort to using a bit of talcum powder if the squeak is coming from the tongue area. Allen Edmonds actually has a few responses about this in their Q&A section on some shoes. They consider it a "normal" occurence since there is a texture difference between the leather upper on the tongue and the leather lining. They say that when two different types of leather come in contact, squeaking may result. I have a pair of Sanfords that have a sqeak to them, and after trying to eliminate it by rubbing in extra conditioner and polish it still wouldn't go away. After carefully examining them, I noticed that there is a slight up-turn in the top beading on the corner of the tongue on my right shoe. I think it is the slight bowing up of the top beading that is creating the extra contact and thus causing the sqeak. I'm gonna try some talcum powder next time I wear them to see if it does the trick.
The shoes are nice. The little dumbbell in the corner = lol.
Edited by VinnyMac - 10/7/12 at 10:35pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy just now
- › Is a midnight blue tux considered timeless or trendy? 40 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Dana Lee Cashmere Blend Sweat in Blue (size small) 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...