Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 715
Styleforum Top Picks
I also have those hopefully on their way soon. I have read the customer reviews extensively on the allen edmonds site, and many have had a similar problem. Some people had some luck changing the laces to others that are a bit more like the ones on some of their dress shoes. Seems like the leather treatment would be the cheaper, and possibly more aesthetically pleasing option. good luck
I recently got the Norwich during the sale and it's a little tight/uncomfortable around the ball of the foot. Does this area stretch out? I have a size 9E in the Norwich and I wear a size 9E in the Park Avenue. Would you guys recommend sizing up? 9EE or 9.5D?
Also does the squeaking on the Norwich go away? It's a little disappointing to pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes to have this kind of problem...
I went up a width in my Norwich... 8.5D to 8.5E. The fit was much better a width up.
As for the squeaking, using some Reno or other conditioning product across the tongue should make it go away over time.
Mine squeaked for a couple of weeks until I worked enough lubrication into the area.
The Norwich are easily one of the best plain toe shoes in my opinion... would love to get the brown shells but can't justify it since I purchased the burnish brown calf.
Also, don't forget that you may have to resort to using a bit of talcum powder if the squeak is coming from the tongue area. Allen Edmonds actually has a few responses about this in their Q&A section on some shoes. They consider it a "normal" occurence since there is a texture difference between the leather upper on the tongue and the leather lining. They say that when two different types of leather come in contact, squeaking may result. I have a pair of Sanfords that have a sqeak to them, and after trying to eliminate it by rubbing in extra conditioner and polish it still wouldn't go away. After carefully examining them, I noticed that there is a slight up-turn in the top beading on the corner of the tongue on my right shoe. I think it is the slight bowing up of the top beading that is creating the extra contact and thus causing the sqeak. I'm gonna try some talcum powder next time I wear them to see if it does the trick.
The shoes are nice. The little dumbbell in the corner = lol.
Edited by VinnyMac - 10/7/12 at 10:35pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Silent by Damir Doma Cardigan 14 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 744 Ltd Shell Cordovan Boots 8D 17 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › KKA Two-Tone Cardigan 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › TOJ Daypack 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Kítchen Units 9 minutes ago
- › Alexandre Plokhov Basketweave Cardigan sz. 46 10 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...