Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 715
Styleforum Top Picks
I also have those hopefully on their way soon. I have read the customer reviews extensively on the allen edmonds site, and many have had a similar problem. Some people had some luck changing the laces to others that are a bit more like the ones on some of their dress shoes. Seems like the leather treatment would be the cheaper, and possibly more aesthetically pleasing option. good luck
I recently got the Norwich during the sale and it's a little tight/uncomfortable around the ball of the foot. Does this area stretch out? I have a size 9E in the Norwich and I wear a size 9E in the Park Avenue. Would you guys recommend sizing up? 9EE or 9.5D?
Also does the squeaking on the Norwich go away? It's a little disappointing to pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes to have this kind of problem...
I went up a width in my Norwich... 8.5D to 8.5E. The fit was much better a width up.
As for the squeaking, using some Reno or other conditioning product across the tongue should make it go away over time.
Mine squeaked for a couple of weeks until I worked enough lubrication into the area.
The Norwich are easily one of the best plain toe shoes in my opinion... would love to get the brown shells but can't justify it since I purchased the burnish brown calf.
Also, don't forget that you may have to resort to using a bit of talcum powder if the squeak is coming from the tongue area. Allen Edmonds actually has a few responses about this in their Q&A section on some shoes. They consider it a "normal" occurence since there is a texture difference between the leather upper on the tongue and the leather lining. They say that when two different types of leather come in contact, squeaking may result. I have a pair of Sanfords that have a sqeak to them, and after trying to eliminate it by rubbing in extra conditioner and polish it still wouldn't go away. After carefully examining them, I noticed that there is a slight up-turn in the top beading on the corner of the tongue on my right shoe. I think it is the slight bowing up of the top beading that is creating the extra contact and thus causing the sqeak. I'm gonna try some talcum powder next time I wear them to see if it does the trick.
The shoes are nice. The little dumbbell in the corner = lol.
Edited by VinnyMac - 10/7/12 at 10:35pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 17 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Nori Green Walt Size 32 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015