no I have not got them yet just getting the belt situation figured out before they get here
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/22/14 at 8:20pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on Today at 12:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 691
Styleforum Top Picks
Sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do I get the 20% off coupon?
Edit: Never mind, I guess I just needed five more minutes. To sign up, go here: http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=5637565011
Beautiful brown, congrats! Did you use Renovator or an actual Saphir paste polish?
OptoDoc, I am an 8E on the 5 last so pretty close. I had my SA bring in Neumoras in 8.5D, 8.5E, and 8E. I ended up going with the 8E as the length was more correct. But, I probably could have gone down to an 8D as the E width has a good amount of play around the ball and blade sides of the foot. Not enough to want to return them, but probably could have gone for a smaller width.
I am noticing the same toe box creasing like others are and not too terribly bothered by it, but creasing none the less.
First I darkened them with Neastsfoot oil (though any boot oil would work) then I used Renovator then later in the day Saphir paste - clear paste. You have to give it enough time between applications. I waited hours after using the boot oil before either Saphir.
Thank you. I doubt my skills are up to reproducing your results, but I may have to give it a try.
Yeah, this is true. I was only thinking in terms of quality with him. I actually did make sure to check on the size on the last before ordering. I should probably find my way into a store to try on the 333 before I leave Wisconsin.
You can just buy a 333 last shoe on amazon, ae.com, or zappos. They have free shipping and free returns. After you try it on, just send it back if it doesn't fit.
The brown looks great though I'm not experienced enough to play around like that.
How did the brown look before you did it?
Photos of the new AE Patriot loafers, from official sites. If anyone around here has experience with both this shoe and the Alden Van last, please comment on the fit over the instep / top of the foot. I'm one of the 50% who find the Van last painful, so I'm hoping the AE Patriot has more room.
Have you looked into the Alden/BB version that is unlined? I have a high instep and the unlined version is very comfortable for me. Comparing that photo to a pair I have sitting right here, I would say they look to have equal insteps - I would think the difference would be negligible.
Btw, is there such thing as intellectual property infringement in the world of clothing? I mean, the Patriot is clearly a copy of the LHS.
Someone else posted his new brown Cronmoks a thread or two back - they looked just like that. Don't get me wrong, they look great out of the box - I just like a darker shoe...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › How many sweaters do you own? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Led Zeppelin - Song Stealers? 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...