no I have not got them yet just getting the belt situation figured out before they get here
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 3/20/15 at 6:47pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 691
Styleforum Top Picks
Sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do I get the 20% off coupon?
Edit: Never mind, I guess I just needed five more minutes. To sign up, go here: http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=5637565011
Beautiful brown, congrats! Did you use Renovator or an actual Saphir paste polish?
OptoDoc, I am an 8E on the 5 last so pretty close. I had my SA bring in Neumoras in 8.5D, 8.5E, and 8E. I ended up going with the 8E as the length was more correct. But, I probably could have gone down to an 8D as the E width has a good amount of play around the ball and blade sides of the foot. Not enough to want to return them, but probably could have gone for a smaller width.
I am noticing the same toe box creasing like others are and not too terribly bothered by it, but creasing none the less.
First I darkened them with Neastsfoot oil (though any boot oil would work) then I used Renovator then later in the day Saphir paste - clear paste. You have to give it enough time between applications. I waited hours after using the boot oil before either Saphir.
Thank you. I doubt my skills are up to reproducing your results, but I may have to give it a try.
Yeah, this is true. I was only thinking in terms of quality with him. I actually did make sure to check on the size on the last before ordering. I should probably find my way into a store to try on the 333 before I leave Wisconsin.
You can just buy a 333 last shoe on amazon, ae.com, or zappos. They have free shipping and free returns. After you try it on, just send it back if it doesn't fit.
The brown looks great though I'm not experienced enough to play around like that.
How did the brown look before you did it?
Photos of the new AE Patriot loafers, from official sites. If anyone around here has experience with both this shoe and the Alden Van last, please comment on the fit over the instep / top of the foot. I'm one of the 50% who find the Van last painful, so I'm hoping the AE Patriot has more room.
Have you looked into the Alden/BB version that is unlined? I have a high instep and the unlined version is very comfortable for me. Comparing that photo to a pair I have sitting right here, I would say they look to have equal insteps - I would think the difference would be negligible.
Btw, is there such thing as intellectual property infringement in the world of clothing? I mean, the Patriot is clearly a copy of the LHS.
Someone else posted his new brown Cronmoks a thread or two back - they looked just like that. Don't get me wrong, they look great out of the box - I just like a darker shoe...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › First suit, no budget restrictions 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Topcoat fit advice - Please see pics 13 minutes ago
- › Samurai lovers 15 minutes ago
- › Nautical/Maritime chic: thoughts, comments, questions, concerns? 18 minutes ago
- › Unis Gio chino 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...