no I have not got them yet just getting the belt situation figured out before they get here
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/11/15 at 5:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 691
Styleforum Top Picks
Sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do I get the 20% off coupon?
Edit: Never mind, I guess I just needed five more minutes. To sign up, go here: http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=5637565011
Beautiful brown, congrats! Did you use Renovator or an actual Saphir paste polish?
OptoDoc, I am an 8E on the 5 last so pretty close. I had my SA bring in Neumoras in 8.5D, 8.5E, and 8E. I ended up going with the 8E as the length was more correct. But, I probably could have gone down to an 8D as the E width has a good amount of play around the ball and blade sides of the foot. Not enough to want to return them, but probably could have gone for a smaller width.
I am noticing the same toe box creasing like others are and not too terribly bothered by it, but creasing none the less.
First I darkened them with Neastsfoot oil (though any boot oil would work) then I used Renovator then later in the day Saphir paste - clear paste. You have to give it enough time between applications. I waited hours after using the boot oil before either Saphir.
Thank you. I doubt my skills are up to reproducing your results, but I may have to give it a try.
Yeah, this is true. I was only thinking in terms of quality with him. I actually did make sure to check on the size on the last before ordering. I should probably find my way into a store to try on the 333 before I leave Wisconsin.
You can just buy a 333 last shoe on amazon, ae.com, or zappos. They have free shipping and free returns. After you try it on, just send it back if it doesn't fit.
The brown looks great though I'm not experienced enough to play around like that.
How did the brown look before you did it?
Photos of the new AE Patriot loafers, from official sites. If anyone around here has experience with both this shoe and the Alden Van last, please comment on the fit over the instep / top of the foot. I'm one of the 50% who find the Van last painful, so I'm hoping the AE Patriot has more room.
Have you looked into the Alden/BB version that is unlined? I have a high instep and the unlined version is very comfortable for me. Comparing that photo to a pair I have sitting right here, I would say they look to have equal insteps - I would think the difference would be negligible.
Btw, is there such thing as intellectual property infringement in the world of clothing? I mean, the Patriot is clearly a copy of the LHS.
Someone else posted his new brown Cronmoks a thread or two back - they looked just like that. Don't get me wrong, they look great out of the box - I just like a darker shoe...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 20 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 37 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 41 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 44 minutes ago
- › The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 46 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth