or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 687

post #10291 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Agreed.

Did I miss these yesterday? Cordovan Patriot now exists.
post #10292 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Well, here they are guys: the brown Cronmoks.  Just got them in the mail today.  I HIGHLY recommend these shoes!  Super comfortable and they look great.  As expected, they fit identical to the Neumoks.



Loving the brown finish. I just returned my tan Cronmok's and am waiting for the brown to come in. The tan finish was just too light and looked almost sickly. I can't imagine how one would keep those things looking nice without polishing weekly.

AE's website said 3-5 weeks for my brown Cronmok's, but I just got a shipment confirmation that the boots will arrive on Tuesday! Thanks for posting your picture, the brown looks fantastic!
post #10293 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


Did I miss these yesterday? Cordovan Patriot now exists.


Those look great. Also, the Patriot now also comes in burgundy calf with a tap sole http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4907_1_40000000001_-1. I wonder if it really is built on the 7 last (model number 4907), while all the other Patriot models are built on the 6

post #10294 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

Any tips on lacing the Strands? A link to the technique would be helpful as well.

 

Put this On has a great overview of lacing: http://putthison.com/post/21851647171/q-and-answer-what-method-of-lacing-should-you-use

post #10295 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Well, here they are guys: the brown Cronmoks.  Just got them in the mail today.  I HIGHLY recommend these shoes!  Super comfortable and they look great.  As expected, they fit identical to the Neumoks.

 

 

 Great! My brown Cronmoks are being delivered today! Can't wait!

post #10296 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

 Great! My brown Cronmoks are being delivered today! Can't wait!

 

BTW, they came with two sets of laces: red and brown.  The red laces give them a nice pop!

post #10297 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Well, here they are guys: the brown Cronmoks.  Just got them in the mail today.  I HIGHLY recommend these shoes!  Super comfortable and they look great.  As expected, they fit identical to the Neumoks.



Thanks for sharing - your picture makes the boot look much better than the AE photo.

Chris
post #10298 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


Thanks for sharing - your picture makes the boot look much better than the AE photo.
Chris

There's a shock.

post #10299 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


Thanks for sharing - your picture makes the boot look much better than the AE photo.
Chris

I agree completely. The photos on the AE website are not a very good indicator of how good a lot of the shoes look. 

post #10300 of 46839
Wearing my Bayfields for the second time today. I am tempted to get rid of them. They are US8.5D, and my toes can't move in the toebox when I put them on. I can also see the shoe bulge at the sides in a slightly disturbing way when I put my weight on them...

However, the length is fine. A 9D might be slightly too large. The ideal fit would probably be a 8.5 Wide. So what should I do... take them to the cobbler to stretch them out (and invest more funds into the boot) or take some nice pictures and sell them, since they have been barely worn. Anyone else want to weigh in on this dilemma?

Here's a pic...

post #10301 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonian View Post

Wearing my Bayfields for the second time today. I am tempted to get rid of them. They are US8.5D, and my toes can't move in the toebox when I put them on. I can also see the shoe bulge at the sides in a slightly disturbing way when I put my weight on them...
However, the length is fine. A 9D might be slightly too large. The ideal fit would probably be a 8.5 Wide. So what should I do... take them to the cobbler to stretch them out (and invest more funds into the boot) or take some nice pictures and sell them, since they have been barely worn. Anyone else want to weigh in on this dilemma?
Here's a pic...

 

I have found that shoes that are too tight in the toe box never stretch out in the right places or get more comfortable.  Go back to AE and talk to them about the fit.  I bet they'll exchange them for you.

post #10302 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post

I tried on a pair in black and own the PA's it is definitely a sleeker shoe with a longer cap. The 333 last is not as round as the 5 and looks more European. I am very seriously considering buying a pair in burnished brown. While slightly less conservative than the PA I wouldn't hesitate to wear them to the office.

 

How did the 333 last fit you compared to your 5 last shoes, did you go same size? I have been considering the Rutledge in black because I have never purchased the PA for the reasons stated. And my black Leeds have worked fine for me in every situation I have needed including use as a most formal dress shoe. But I feel that the Rutledge would fill the same area of use as the PA does. Those burnished walnut ones are just beautiful, and after seeing gooter's in brown...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybuck135 View Post

Is it true that Allen Edmond shoes shouldn't be worn on consecutive days?

 

i.e. they need to be in a shoe tree for one day before rewearing?

 

As said all shoes should be rested and rotated. I even rotate my boots including my rubber knee high boots. Years ago I was told 2 shoes rotated every other day last longer than 3 shoes worn every day. Not sure if that is true for dress shoes but I absolutely know it is true for boots exposed to harsh environmental conditions. According to the CEO of AE due to the construction of AE shoes yes they should be in shoe trees while resting.

 

PS: Is your 135 score a P&Y at 10 over book? I have joked that I had the UPS man trained to deliver at my house after 5 so I was home to sign for my AE shoes. But truth is I have a 60 yard archery range along side the house and he is also a bowhunter so readily accommodated me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Well, here they are guys: the brown Cronmoks.  Just got them in the mail today.  I HIGHLY recommend these shoes!  Super comfortable and they look great.  As expected, they fit identical to the Neumoks.

 

 

 

Very nice! For my 3 rough collection shoes I had to size down a half size. For those did you go down in size or stay TTS? I'm not much for colored laces but those do look really nice and are growing on me.

post #10303 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

BTW, they came with two sets of laces: red and brown.  The red laces give them a nice pop!

Way cool...

post #10304 of 46839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

 

How did the 333 last fit you compared to your 5 last shoes, did you go same size? I have been considering the Rutledge in black because I have never purchased the PA for the reasons stated. And my black Leeds have worked fine for me in every situation I have needed including use as a most formal dress shoe. But I feel that the Rutledge would fill the same area of use as the PA does. Those burnished walnut ones are just beautiful, and after seeing gooter's in brown...

 

For me they were pretty tts; I have wide feet with a high instep (high volume) and measure a 10E. My Strand and PA are both 10E and fit well although they are a little tight in the vamp if I want the laces all the way closed, a 1/2" gap is most comfortable. I tried the Rutledge in 10D and it was very snug the laces had about a 1" gap at the top and the heel was too tight. 10E fit really well and I think 10.5D would too.

post #10305 of 46839

I wear a 10C in the 5 last, but since the Rutledge doesnt come in a C width I went down to a 9.5D. They were pretty snug at first but loosened up in all the right places. I would say they run pretty true to size against the 5 last, but since I have narrow feet I needed to size down. 

 

Edit: and the brown is nicer than the black imo! (hence why I bought them)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread