I've been dying for a pair
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:04pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 686
Styleforum Top Picks
Anyone else notice that the Buck and Ball Mora re-release ($448) and the AE Sleepy Hollow "McAllister" ($295) look conspicuously similar in that they both have that orange welt stitching and orange leather lining?
Any idea what the premium is for... other than it is a currently unavailable Mora?
Buck and Ball Mora
AE "Sleepy Hollow" McAllister
I think these are better conservative options
alright thanks. I'll check out those Delrays at a Nordstrom and maybe see if want to buy one from those links
have you bought items from that seller before?
No, but he has an excellent rating and you are covered by eBays buyer protection. It is very highly likely you will be safe.
I'm really unsure about getting a pair of Red Neumoks.
From the pictures in this thread, i love the look of them but i don't know how practical they would be for a $200 shoes. Does anyone have an pictures of them with jeans or non-business pants. They're literally impossible to find new in Australia, the only store that sold AEs recently dropped them.
I've bought from eBay before, but typically I have gone with AE Shoe bank. You e-mail them asking if they have the size and model you are looking for in factory seconds. So they will be discounted. If you do this during a sale, they are usually discounted even more.
The stitching you are talking about simply prevents the leather tongue from sliding down when you are putting the shoe on or during normal wear. I have had the stitching pop loose on a pair of AE's and yet I still never experienced any movement. I doubt you will ever notice any problem either. I would lean towards keeping the shoe, especially since you received an additional discount. You got a great shoe at a super price. But if you are unhappy with it, then don't try to fool yourself. Go on and exchange it. Keep in mind, it will probably cost you more since your seller is out of stock now. You will have to purchase elsewhere.
Can anyone comment on the fit of the new 6 last for the Patriot? I'm thinking of picking up a pair in burgundy. I have a pair of similar Torinos (which is on the same last as the handsewn Lucca, Verona, Firenze) in brown, but find that despite the great fit, the front of the shoe is too round. Thanks!
PSA: I just ordered the black shell leeds at the sale price. To be guaranteed to get the new shell finish (which is a deal breaker for me), I was advised to place the order via phone and not online (the CSA put special instructions on my order in this regard). The drawback is that they charge my card right away (so I get the sale price) as opposed to when they ship, but I don't really care about that. My size online says ships in 4-6 weeks, but the CSA's system said they have 27 pairs in their retail stores - and that an order placed online may get "filled' by one of the stores (and those will not have the new finish). The CSA is having them hand delivered to her before they ship to me. She will personally inspect them. Wonderful customer service.
Thanks! Did you just call a number listed on the AE website, or a specific store?
So.. how would I know if a pair from ebay are seconds? http://www.ebay.com/itm/330790794547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Seconds from AE's shoe bank are stamped with a small shoe logo on the sole.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Nigel Cabourn 13 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Wholesale Cheap Louis Vuitton mens belts outlet LV Monogram Damier... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Wholesale Fendi belts cheap Fendi mens belts Fendi belts outlet... 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...