I've been dying for a pair
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 686
Styleforum Top Picks
Anyone else notice that the Buck and Ball Mora re-release ($448) and the AE Sleepy Hollow "McAllister" ($295) look conspicuously similar in that they both have that orange welt stitching and orange leather lining?
Any idea what the premium is for... other than it is a currently unavailable Mora?
Buck and Ball Mora
AE "Sleepy Hollow" McAllister
I think these are better conservative options
alright thanks. I'll check out those Delrays at a Nordstrom and maybe see if want to buy one from those links
have you bought items from that seller before?
No, but he has an excellent rating and you are covered by eBays buyer protection. It is very highly likely you will be safe.
I'm really unsure about getting a pair of Red Neumoks.
From the pictures in this thread, i love the look of them but i don't know how practical they would be for a $200 shoes. Does anyone have an pictures of them with jeans or non-business pants. They're literally impossible to find new in Australia, the only store that sold AEs recently dropped them.
I've bought from eBay before, but typically I have gone with AE Shoe bank. You e-mail them asking if they have the size and model you are looking for in factory seconds. So they will be discounted. If you do this during a sale, they are usually discounted even more.
The stitching you are talking about simply prevents the leather tongue from sliding down when you are putting the shoe on or during normal wear. I have had the stitching pop loose on a pair of AE's and yet I still never experienced any movement. I doubt you will ever notice any problem either. I would lean towards keeping the shoe, especially since you received an additional discount. You got a great shoe at a super price. But if you are unhappy with it, then don't try to fool yourself. Go on and exchange it. Keep in mind, it will probably cost you more since your seller is out of stock now. You will have to purchase elsewhere.
Can anyone comment on the fit of the new 6 last for the Patriot? I'm thinking of picking up a pair in burgundy. I have a pair of similar Torinos (which is on the same last as the handsewn Lucca, Verona, Firenze) in brown, but find that despite the great fit, the front of the shoe is too round. Thanks!
PSA: I just ordered the black shell leeds at the sale price. To be guaranteed to get the new shell finish (which is a deal breaker for me), I was advised to place the order via phone and not online (the CSA put special instructions on my order in this regard). The drawback is that they charge my card right away (so I get the sale price) as opposed to when they ship, but I don't really care about that. My size online says ships in 4-6 weeks, but the CSA's system said they have 27 pairs in their retail stores - and that an order placed online may get "filled' by one of the stores (and those will not have the new finish). The CSA is having them hand delivered to her before they ship to me. She will personally inspect them. Wonderful customer service.
Thanks! Did you just call a number listed on the AE website, or a specific store?
So.. how would I know if a pair from ebay are seconds? http://www.ebay.com/itm/330790794547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Seconds from AE's shoe bank are stamped with a small shoe logo on the sole.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 51 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 22 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Ankle Boot Porn! Here are mine, show me some of yours? 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 26 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...