or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 671

post #10051 of 48605
How are your neumora's holdin up?
post #10052 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post


On another note I went to a link for the limited edition shell boots on the AE site and now get:
We're sorry. This product has recently sold out and is no longer available for purchase. We are in the process of removing it from our website.

Looks like the limited availability of shell has hit hard. Or the deadline has now come but I thought it was a bit further out.

Looks like I got lucky. I went into the AE store on Saturday and got my order put in for a pair of Dundees in burgundy shell and they applied the sale price. Glad i did that instead of waiting like I wanted to.
post #10053 of 48605
Double post. Oops
post #10054 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

Just wanted to ask this again.  Thanks.

 

I have one horse-hair brush I use on all my shoes/boots.

 

No daubers - that's what rags are for.

post #10055 of 48605

I talked to my local AE store and they said they could not price match Amazon on the Delrays.  The SA said he might be able to if the Delrays were not currently on sale, but this fact left him unable to do anything.  Too bad.  I wanted to give AE my business, but I'm not going to pay $275 for Delrays when I can get them shipped to my door for $199. 

post #10056 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

How are your neumora's holdin up?

Mine are holding up great and very comfortable. Styling is spot on to me and extra points for the nicely burnished toe. Only issue is the slightly imperfect creasing but I'm OK with it.
post #10057 of 48605

Last week I was in WI for work so I dropped by the Brookfield Shoebank. I am in need of a good winter boot and had been looking at the Bayfield and Cascade. The North Platte would be perfect but it has been discontinued for some time.

 

Their system showed one CXL Bayfield in my size for $167 at another location. For that price I was sold. I found out this morning that their inventory was off and they do not any  Bayfields in my size. I was disappointed until my sales associate Adam offered to have a pair made for me and will still honor the sale price.

 

This is my third pair of AE's and I will continue to buy their products given their excellent service and quality.

post #10058 of 48605

Is the only mentionable difference between Brooks Strand and the regular Strand the rubber sole?

post #10059 of 48605

The Urban Daddy sale actually didn't end until 5 so I managed to get the Bourbon Amsterdams! 

post #10060 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

Is the only mentionable difference between Brooks Strand and the regular Strand the rubber sole?

I read that the insole is different too.
post #10061 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by imainish View Post

Mine are holding up great and very comfortable. Styling is spot on to me and extra points for the nicely burnished toe. Only issue is the slightly imperfect creasing but I'm OK with it.

What shoe is that in your sig box?
post #10062 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

In regards to the Neumoras. Do all monk strap shoes have elastic on the top buckle? I like when they are worn with the top unbuckled-- but not sure it would look so great with a buckle just hanging...

GQ trend follower alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I read that the insole is different too.

Yes, the insoles on brooks brothers are more cushioned and comfortable. Well worth the small premium IMO.
post #10063 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by plei89 View Post

GQ trend follower alert!



Haha, Nah. I don't read GQ. I first saw Lino Ieluzzi wear them unbuckled and though it looked cool!
Edited by mikeman - 9/24/12 at 5:23pm
post #10064 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckmanEG View Post

Looks like I got lucky. I went into the AE store on Saturday and got my order put in for a pair of Dundees in burgundy shell and they applied the sale price. Glad i did that instead of waiting like I wanted to.

 

You got double lucky purchasing them plus getting almost $100 off, hope you bought a lottery ticket too! I purchased my walnut shell Strands on the last day not knowing that it was the last chance to get them. Very often I think how lucky I was to get them when I put them on. I love my #8 shell Dundee's and wore them again today. I hope you enjoy yours as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post

Last week I was in WI for work so I dropped by the Brookfield Shoebank. I am in need of a good winter boot and had been looking at the Bayfield and Cascade. The North Platte would be perfect but it has been discontinued for some time.

 

Their system showed one CXL Bayfield in my size for $167 at another location. For that price I was sold. I found out this morning that their inventory was off and they do not any  Bayfields in my size. I was disappointed until my sales associate Adam offered to have a pair made for me and will still honor the sale price.

 

This is my third pair of AE's and I will continue to buy their products given their excellent service and quality.

 

Nice boot and great price. I agree AE CS and quality is hard to beat and which is one of the reasons why I keep going back to them. I have the Bayfield in CXL and black calf, along with the Cascade and like them all for really bad winter weather. I regret not picking the North Platte when it was available.

post #10065 of 48605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post


Nice boot and great price. I agree AE CS and quality is hard to beat and which is one of the reasons why I keep going back to them. I have the Bayfield in CXL and black calf, along with the Cascade and like them all for really bad winter weather. I regret not picking the North Platte when it was available.

Your posts were a big part of me choosing AE for boots. I do a lot of hunting, fishing, hiking, shooting etc and see you do too. I figure if they work for you they will for me as well. I'm really looking forward to breaking them in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread