I went with a 10.5 D on 5 and 2. 2 just needed a bit of wearing, and now it's so comfortable
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 662
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9917 of 705029/21/12 at 11:22ampost #9918 of 705029/21/12 at 11:31ampost #9919 of 705029/21/12 at 11:32ampost #9920 of 705029/21/12 at 11:47am
I have the Larkins (on the 7 last) and many people said it ran a bit narrow. I got an 8D for the Larkins and it fits prety well.
I want to get the Strands on the 5 last which is more for a longer/narrow foot. I talked on AE live chat and the guy suggested that I size up one in width (I told him I got larkins but not in 8D).post #9921 of 705029/21/12 at 11:50ampost #9922 of 705029/21/12 at 1:22pmpost #9923 of 705029/21/12 at 2:16pmpost #9924 of 705029/21/12 at 3:03pm
I think there is a reason to this- the two shoes are built on two different lasts. Loafers, because they don't have laces to provide a more customized fit, are are a very hard fit for many people. Having similar looking shoes in two different shapes that can fit many more people. I, for one, wish the Westchester came in a last with a slightly wider toebox and a narrower heel.post #9925 of 705029/21/12 at 3:25pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Yes, probably Williams, not Players. Both those and the Sanderson on the 2 last.post #9926 of 705029/21/12 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by spitshine123
I think there is a reason to this- the two shoes are built on two different lasts. Loafers, because they don't have laces to provide a more customized fit, are are a very hard fit for many people. Having similar looking shoes in two different shapes that can fit many more people. I, for one, wish the Westchester came in a last with a slightly wider toebox and a narrower heel.
Yes, exactly. I almost went for the Patriot, as the last description sounds like it would fit me well. But then a pair of calfskin Luccas became available, and I got those instead.post #9927 of 705029/21/12 at 3:36pmpost #9928 of 705029/21/12 at 4:06pmpost #9929 of 705029/21/12 at 4:30pmIf I'm a 10D on the 5 last what will I be on the 8-108 (Del ray, Clifton, Laselle)? Should I get a 10D or 9.5 E? I tried on a 10D on the 8 last but it seemed a bit narrow. Length was fine. If I move wider to E should I size 0.5 down or stick to 10? How do you guys fit on these 2 lasts?
Also, does the Shoe Bank carry belts at a discount too?post #9930 of 705029/21/12 at 6:32pmQuote:
The black/orange looks to be in the Dublin leather similar to the UD Gramercys... excited to see it smooth looking rather than too grain-like. I may have to call Vanessa at UD to see what she can do to expedite my order!
Would be interested to see if anyone pics up the orange grain ones. Being a Texas Longhorns fan, it may almost turn out to be a burnt orange looking shoe if some Reno is applied and the leather darkens up.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 54 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Crockett and Jones Custom Grade Black Classic Oxfords (Audley) 8.5UK 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The beginnings of a shoe collection 1 minute ago
- › D18 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...