Posted some new photo's of the Amsterdam but need to wait on the moderator to approve the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 650post #9737 of 707379/17/12 at 4:06pmpost #9738 of 707379/17/12 at 4:36pmpost #9739 of 707379/17/12 at 4:39pmpost #9740 of 707379/17/12 at 5:39pmpost #9741 of 707379/17/12 at 5:47pmpost #9742 of 707379/17/12 at 5:50pmpost #9743 of 707379/17/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
I remember this sale from last year - 14.92% off everything - it applies to first quality shoes and belts as well. There will be a few select shoes with a bigger discount.post #9744 of 707379/17/12 at 6:12pmpost #9745 of 707379/17/12 at 6:21pmpost #9746 of 707379/17/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yeah, I posted them a few days ago, but here they are...
The gramercy seem to have a more "finished" leather.post #9747 of 707379/17/12 at 6:27pmpost #9748 of 707379/17/12 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Murph65
Newbie here, drooling over all the fantastic AE shoes.
Wondering if you all can help me?
Small feet. 7.5D left foot, 6.5D right foot. High instep. Slightly narrow heel.
Love all the 5 last shoes. Unwilling to pay the full freight of $335 on most of them.
Always understood that one fits the larger foot, so I ordered 7.5D Elgins on closeout from AE via the website and 7.5D Park Aves on Amazon with a discount code.
Neither fits. Gapping at the vamp, bowing on the sides and pinching at the outer arch.
Went to an AE store as well as to Nordstrom in NJ and tried to get a better fit with little luck, mostly because due to the small size, they just didn't have the stock to try on options. For example, I wanted to try on a Sanford (blucher) because I understand them to be more forgiving of a high instep - nothing in stock... Nordstrom wanted to put me in Italian shoes at a much higher price tag and can't be recrafted... Not interested in that.
I have access to the AE stores in NYC, but like I said, I have no intention of paying full price. Do you think the salesmen will give me the time of day if I tell them that I'm just trying to find a shoe/last combination that works for me? Any other guidance how to figure this out?
I really want to find some AE shoes that will work for me as I think many of them are gorgeous, the value/price combo (on sale at least) works, and I love the idea of the recrafting service.
Thanks in advance for any replies,
I think your best bet is to go in store and get your foot measured by one of the SAs. Then if they don't have your size, I think they have the options of ordering it to the store, then you come in again to try. You are under no obligation to buy.
Edited by SloopyNoob - 9/17/12 at 6:49pmpost #9749 of 707379/17/12 at 6:27pmpost #9750 of 707379/17/12 at 6:28pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 54 seconds ago
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch Long Haul - Field Tan Wax 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...