Posted some new photo's of the Amsterdam but need to wait on the moderator to approve the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 650
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9737 of 706309/17/12 at 4:06pmQuote:
X100 well X2 at least, I couldn't agree more.
Came in the mail today, all the info that I have. Click for larger images if needed.post #9738 of 706309/17/12 at 4:36pmpost #9739 of 706309/17/12 at 4:39pmpost #9740 of 706309/17/12 at 5:39pmpost #9741 of 706309/17/12 at 5:47pmpost #9742 of 706309/17/12 at 5:50pmpost #9743 of 706309/17/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
I remember this sale from last year - 14.92% off everything - it applies to first quality shoes and belts as well. There will be a few select shoes with a bigger discount.post #9744 of 706309/17/12 at 6:12pmpost #9745 of 706309/17/12 at 6:21pmpost #9746 of 706309/17/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
Yeah, I posted them a few days ago, but here they are...
The gramercy seem to have a more "finished" leather.post #9747 of 706309/17/12 at 6:27pmpost #9748 of 706309/17/12 at 6:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Murph65
Newbie here, drooling over all the fantastic AE shoes.
Wondering if you all can help me?
Small feet. 7.5D left foot, 6.5D right foot. High instep. Slightly narrow heel.
Love all the 5 last shoes. Unwilling to pay the full freight of $335 on most of them.
Always understood that one fits the larger foot, so I ordered 7.5D Elgins on closeout from AE via the website and 7.5D Park Aves on Amazon with a discount code.
Neither fits. Gapping at the vamp, bowing on the sides and pinching at the outer arch.
Went to an AE store as well as to Nordstrom in NJ and tried to get a better fit with little luck, mostly because due to the small size, they just didn't have the stock to try on options. For example, I wanted to try on a Sanford (blucher) because I understand them to be more forgiving of a high instep - nothing in stock... Nordstrom wanted to put me in Italian shoes at a much higher price tag and can't be recrafted... Not interested in that.
I have access to the AE stores in NYC, but like I said, I have no intention of paying full price. Do you think the salesmen will give me the time of day if I tell them that I'm just trying to find a shoe/last combination that works for me? Any other guidance how to figure this out?
I really want to find some AE shoes that will work for me as I think many of them are gorgeous, the value/price combo (on sale at least) works, and I love the idea of the recrafting service.
Thanks in advance for any replies,
I think your best bet is to go in store and get your foot measured by one of the SAs. Then if they don't have your size, I think they have the options of ordering it to the store, then you come in again to try. You are under no obligation to buy.
Edited by SloopyNoob - 9/17/12 at 6:49pmpost #9749 of 706309/17/12 at 6:27pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...