That's just for starters. They're releasing pre-creased shoes in the spring. No more break in period.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 608
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9107 of 707318/25/12 at 4:59pmI said I really liked the look of the Eagle County, and I have now placed an order for the black variant. It excites me to see this boot is built on the 2 last, as I find it to be my best fit and aesthetically pleasing. I know there were some opinions that the Bayfield looked a bit round and blobby; I think the Eagle County will look much sleeker due to the long and tapered toe of it's last. I will post photos and my opinion upon arrival in 5 weeks or so.
Next on the list may be another 2 lasted shoe, the Aberdeen in smokey grey.post #9108 of 707318/25/12 at 6:31pmpost #9109 of 707318/25/12 at 6:42pmpost #9110 of 707318/25/12 at 9:38pmpost #9111 of 707318/25/12 at 10:59pmQuote:
strange--this happened to me when i ordered a pair of 30" brown laces. their brown laces look nearly identical to black laces in average indoor lighting, by the way. just two months ago i purchased laces from the shoebank and both pairs (33" black and brown) were the old, thin, waxy type.post #9112 of 707318/25/12 at 11:07pmQuote:
theoretically, any polish of any color will darken a shoe. it is only if you take off more color than you put on--say, by using a lighter polish but making enough passes that the solvents in the polish transfer any existing color from the shoe leather to the applicator--that you will lighten the color of your shoes. (UV-mediated degradation of dyes may also lighten the color of your shoes.)post #9113 of 707318/25/12 at 11:11pm
do allen edmonds have the hole in the back part of the boot to hold the boot to the last--that same pesky hole that so many aldens have? (is this a requirement for holding a shoe to a last?)
Quote:post #9114 of 707318/26/12 at 6:50amQuote:
I guess this is just my unfamiliarity with terminology, but I guess then I meant that from pictures I have seen, and my experience with my Cambridge, the rolls are usually more apparent than creasing in calf, since they are so huge.post #9115 of 707318/26/12 at 7:30amQuote:
"Huge" rolls in shell many times would suggest the wearer is wearing the wrong size.post #9116 of 707318/26/12 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by sqroot3
strange--this happened to me when i ordered a pair of 30" brown laces. their brown laces look nearly identical to black laces in average indoor lighting, by the way. just two months ago i purchased laces from the shoebank and both pairs (33" black and brown) were the old, thin, waxy type.
I hope they go back to the former dress laces, but I have to admit it hasn't happened to me with brown yet - and I have ordered 5 pairs in the last few months. And I have recently ordered some in 24 inch in black and brown (for chukkas). They were the old style.post #9117 of 707318/26/12 at 7:37ampost #9118 of 707318/26/12 at 8:08ampost #9119 of 707318/26/12 at 8:26ampost #9120 of 707318/26/12 at 8:48am
So I have a pair of Park Aves that I bought at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I noticed that there is a little bit of bowing around the left ankle. I'm not sure it is serious enough to try to get a different size, but I was hoping for some thoughts. I thought my Elgins would fit similarly to the Park Avenues because they're on the same last, but this is already half a size up (from 8.5D -> 9D).
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?