Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 603
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9032 of 707278/24/12 at 4:43amQuote:Originally Posted by horsey shoes
I was down at the AE store in Dallas today and the gal behind the counter was sharing with me the list of shoes that will be part of the Rediscovering sale in late Sept.
The two models of note were the Jefferson (but not in walnut) and the new Cronmok.
Still not sure what I would wear the navy Cronmok with, but am definitely considering purchasing... especially if they are part of the Rediscovering sale.
I do recall this being briefly discussed before, but anybody have any other ideas of what to wear them with? Jean over navy does seem kind of redundant.
I'm going for the brown Cronmok - I like the style, kind of an old school distressed look (as soon as I save some money). Does anyone know if the Rediscovering sale will apply to the online site?post #9033 of 707278/24/12 at 5:20amQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
This shoe looks pretty good on the 333 last, it has considerably better leather quality, (as expected). It fit pretty good, with about a 1.5 inch spacing to the tip of the shoe. The Rutledge did not fit this good, but i'm liking this shoe a bit.
Here is side by side proportions with the Park Ave. in the same size ( 10.5 EEE). The cap toe is a slightly shorter still, which will probably disappoint a lot of people, but the more i had the shoe on, the more i liked it. Notice how matte the black calf on the Park Ave's look compared to the nice supple calf on the Harrison.
Who knows, I might get these after all...
They look WAY better than the park avenue. The only gripe i have is the fairly large welt.post #9034 of 707278/24/12 at 5:36amQuote:
+1. I don't like the combination of the square toe and the large welt. By the way, this picture makes the shoe look 10 times better than it does on AE's website.post #9035 of 707278/24/12 at 6:07amQuote:
My biggest gripe about AE is their website photography......I feel like I could look through the eyes of Mr. Magoo and get a better idea of what some of the shoes look like in real life.post #9036 of 707278/24/12 at 6:58amQuote:
IIRC, it does. I missed it last time around (just got into higher quality dress and casual footwear about 2 months after the sale), now I've got 4 pair of AE (3 new, 1 used), and I'm about to turn the corner into some more aggressive offerings (C&J, Meermin or Carmina), so I'm contemplating on the best way to take advantage of the sale. Cheers.post #9037 of 707278/24/12 at 7:53ampost #9038 of 707278/24/12 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by BrizzleCizzle
IIRC, it does. I missed it last time around (just got into higher quality dress and casual footwear about 2 months after the sale), now I've got 4 pair of AE (3 new, 1 used), and I'm about to turn the corner into some more aggressive offerings (C&J, Meermin or Carmina), so I'm contemplating on the best way to take advantage of the sale. Cheers.
What does IIRC mean?post #9039 of 707278/24/12 at 8:02ampost #9040 of 707278/24/12 at 8:22ampost #9041 of 707278/24/12 at 8:29ampost #9042 of 707278/24/12 at 8:33amQuote:Quote:
All signs point to yes? You'd probably be smart to wait.post #9043 of 707278/24/12 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by brchin
so i got my mctavishes today and i need some advice on fit. i wear the strands in 8D, and sized down appropriately for the mctavishes. i got the 7.5D's however i still feel they are a bit long and i'm experiencing some weird and unsightly gap-age around the ankles. i've stuck my finger in the space to show how badly it gaps. do you think they shoes are still too big/wide? should i size down to 7D or 7E? any help would be greatly appreciated! attaching a pic of my mctavish and strands for reference as to how perfectly the strands fit.post #9044 of 707278/24/12 at 9:31ampost #9045 of 707278/24/12 at 9:41am
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 34 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 13 minutes ago
- › Wesco Boots! 14 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...