As an FYI, Brooks Brothers has greatly expanded its AE collection - Park Avenues, Strands, Fifth Avenues, Strands, McNeil's, McAllister's, the distressed shoes and on and on. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSortOrder.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=524 The only downside is that the dress shoes are listed at $368, which has them selling at $276 during most of the sales (25% off) and $257 for the Corporate Incentive events (30% off). Seems like you will always be able to do better than Brooks Brothers price wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 586
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8777 of 705808/17/12 at 8:33ampost #8778 of 705808/17/12 at 9:13ampost #8779 of 705808/17/12 at 9:20amQuote:
As others below have now pointed out, it sounds like the insole is poron. I know a handful prefer it, but I find this a bit dissapointing as I will not purchase poron shoes due to preferring natural leather for numerous reasons. I would have thought the rubber outsole on the Aberdeen would provide enough extra cushioning. Paul, please do a leather insole on the Eagle County; that thick rubber sole will be all the cushioning we need.
Edited by MOCKBA - 8/17/12 at 10:26ampost #8780 of 705808/17/12 at 9:23ampost #8781 of 705808/17/12 at 9:45amQuote:
I'll just leave this right here:
In Allen Edmonds shoes -- indeed, ANY reputable goodyear-welted footwear -- the cork constitutes the part of the diagram marked "Filling," and has nothing to do with the insole, which in AE is either leather or poron.post #8782 of 705808/17/12 at 10:42ampost #8783 of 705808/17/12 at 12:15pmpost #8784 of 705808/17/12 at 12:16pmQuote:
That is probably correct. A poron insole with cork underneath.post #8785 of 705808/17/12 at 12:33pmpost #8786 of 705808/17/12 at 1:19pmpost #8787 of 705808/17/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
For the 3-333 last, I typically go down 1/2 size but stick with the same width.post #8788 of 705808/17/12 at 1:53pmpost #8789 of 705808/17/12 at 2:59pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 994 Active Users (179 Members and 815 Guests)
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 18 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 25 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 25 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...